Sponsored

Steeda S550 Mustang Billet Rear Shock Mounts difference between stock & KW tuned?

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Hi there

Got KW Clubsports on my car which are currently using the stock rear upper shock mounts.

I like the idea of something stronger, shiny and spherical bearing in upper rear shock mounts.

But I do not know which to buy:
https://www.steeda.co.uk/steeda-s550-mustang-billet-rear-shock-mount-c2x21936490

- 555-8151 - 10mm Rear Shocks (OEM) -£219 inc vat - Including Ford Racing & Steeda Pro Action Non-Adjustable
- 555-8161 - 10mm Rear Shocks - KW Coilovers, Roush, Vogtland, Bilstein

They are both 10mm, so my question is what is the difference between these two versions, Steeda blurb on product description says tuned for KW and well I'd like to know what this means please?

What is different between the two versions?
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Hi there

Got KW Clubsports on my car which are currently using the stock rear upper shock mounts.

I like the idea of something stronger, shiny and spherical bearing in upper rear shock mounts.

But I do not know which to buy:
https://www.steeda.co.uk/steeda-s550-mustang-billet-rear-shock-mount-c2x21936490

- 555-8151 - 10mm Rear Shocks (OEM) -£219 inc vat - Including Ford Racing & Steeda Pro Action Non-Adjustable
- 555-8161 - 10mm Rear Shocks - KW Coilovers, Roush, Vogtland, Bilstein

They are both 10mm, so my question is what is the difference between these two versions, Steeda blurb on product description says tuned for KW and well I'd like to know what this means please?

What is different between the two versions?
Thread pitch on the bearing nut is the difference. I would call Steeda to confirm for sure.

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thread pitch on the bearing nut is the difference. I would call Steeda to confirm for sure.
What do you mean by that buddy?

My KW work fine with the stock upper shock mounts there was zero install issues.

Which leads me to assume my KW's should work with both the stock Steeda mount and KW tuned one I would think.

Hence me wondering the difference between the two if both fit fine, maybe the tunes for KW means something else?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
What do you mean by that buddy?

My KW work fine with the stock upper shock mounts there was zero install issues.

Which leads me to assume my KW's should work with both the stock Steeda mount and KW tuned one I would think.

Hence me wondering the difference between the two if both fit fine, maybe the tunes for KW means something else?
These:

The fixed-valve pro action shocks, for instance, have a 10x1.0 mm thread pitch vs. 10x1.5 mm for the stock shocks.

I don't know what the difference is for the KW vs the Pro Actions as far as the design of the mount.

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I ordered the KW/Roush mount to use with my Roush V3s and I think what the difference is is you use the Roush nuts with the Steeda mount. There wasn't the machined nut bushing thing like the picture above that is for OEM type shocks.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi there

Installed the shock mounts

The instructions were not so clear about orientation to install so I just did them with Steeda logo on show, is that correct?

[MENTION=10893]David@Steeda[/MENTION] [MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION]

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Yep, I thought it was pretty clear. Step 7: Then install the billet shock mount with the bearing facing, or the large opening facing down over the shock.

Have you taken a drive yet?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I did the same as you. I used one of the jam nuts from my Pro Action shocks to secure the top nut. Let us know impressions when you get a chance!

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep, I thought it was pretty clear. Step 7: Then install the billet shock mount with the bearing facing, or the large opening facing down over the shock.

Have you taken a drive yet?
Yes driven it, ride feels better and more connected, its not night and day but it is noticeable for sure and for the price well worth it.

It is a mod every owner should do, stronger, better ride and car feels more connected if that make sense, there is no echo effect when riding crappy roads just one direct motion.

I think I am now as good as this car can get without turning it into a race car and increasing NVH to annoying levels and stripping loads of weight out the car.

Car weighs 1758kg with 3/4 tank fuel and myself in it and has a 49% weight distribution on corner weight scales. :)

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Yes driven it, ride feels better and more connected, its not night and day but it is noticeable for sure and for the price well worth it.

It is a mod every owner should do, stronger, better ride and car feels more connected if that make sense, there is no echo effect when riding crappy roads just one direct motion.

I think I am now as good as this car can get without turning it into a race car and increasing NVH to annoying levels and stripping loads of weight out the car.

Car weighs 1758kg with 3/4 tank fuel and myself in it and has a 49% weight distribution on corner weight scales. :)
VERY Nice! :cheers:

Brewddha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium w/PP

Appreciate you sharing the update. How are the Clubsports, by the way? I'm planning on V3's but have briefly contemplated the Clubsports.
Sponsored