Sponsored

Exhaust tone between different headers?

Screwdgie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT 6M
I swear I found a post on here a while back that had videos of 2 different long tube headers with the same catback to show the difference in sound. I can't seem to find it now.

I know the placement of the runners is different between some of the top tier offerings like ARH, Kooks and SW. In the video I saw, one of the headers was a bit deeper than the other
Sponsored

OP
OP

Screwdgie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT 6M
Yea I agree that the X or H would have the most effect on sound. The video I saw was specifically made to show the difference between two different headers (I want to say it was Kooks and ARH) with the exact same catback setup, and there was a noticeable difference in sound. Not a massive change, but there was one

OP
OP

Screwdgie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT 6M
[ame] There is the video, I finally found it lol.ARH vs SW with Corsa Sports

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
It sounds deeper to me with the ARH longtubes.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Screwdgie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT 6M
It sounds deeper to me with the ARH longtubes.
I agree, just slightly. If you read through the comments, the guy that made the video said the same thing

D.Brown

Save the Manuels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
15' GT
Based on the video, I prefer the ARH. But they both sound absurd. Haha

OP
OP

Screwdgie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT 6M
Absurdly awesome haha. I would be pairing them with the FRPP touring so it should be a bit tamer than the Corsa sports. I'm really trying to justify adding headers at the moment. I want the awesome sound that long tubes bring, but just hope it doesn't add a ton of volume.

I had the x pipe and roush mufflers before and cold start could wake the dead. Pretty sure my neighbors would not appreciate that again lol. If it is too loud or raspy, I could always add some bullet resonators downstream but dont want to deal with the hassle

D.Brown

Save the Manuels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
15' GT
Absurdly awesome haha. I would be pairing them with the FRPP touring so it should be a bit tamer than the Corsa sports. I'm really trying to justify adding headers at the moment. I want the awesome sound that long tubes bring, but just hope it doesn't add a ton of volume.

I had the x pipe and roush mufflers before and cold start could wake the dead. Pretty sure my neighbors would not appreciate that again lol. If it is too loud or raspy, I could always add some bullet resonators downstream but dont want to deal with the hassle
The only thing stopping me from going with LTH's is the loudness. It's basically Nascar loud and I can't have that where I live. I'd have cops waiting at the end of the driveway every morning when I start my car. Haha.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
the tone really will be dictated by the mid pipe. on 2 full long tubes, with the same primaries, your not really going to notice any difference imo.

if you had 2 identical cars next to each other at the exact same time, i don't think you would be able to tell a difference, maybe, but very unlikely

Sponsored
OP
OP

Screwdgie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT 6M
The only thing stopping me from going with LTH's is the loudness. It's basically Nascar loud and I can't have that where I live. I'd have cops waiting at the end of the driveway every morning when I start my car. Haha.
Yea I can't imagine catted long tubes with the frpp touring catback would be much louder than stock headers with x pipe and roush.

Butter77

Ha....You said Member...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT PP
Really thinking of going the route of long tubes and the touring catback (with the GT350 valence) to replace my Roush AB - X pipe combo. Anyone running anything like that? I hate my neighbors anyway, but common sense says the sports might get into ridiculously loud territory when work calls me in at 3AM.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Really thinking of going the route of long tubes and the touring catback (with the GT350 valence) to replace my Roush AB - X pipe combo. Anyone running anything like that? I hate my neighbors anyway, but common sense says the sports might get into ridiculously loud territory when work calls me in at 3AM.
Just my opinion, but the frpp borla touring doesn't sound good. It just has a weird tone to it, especially with LT headers.

Personally, since you want the gt350 valence, get the frpp sport catback, and buy the borla resonator (it's ~$250). It's interchangeable with the x-pipe.

It'll be a frankensteined borla touring, but the borla touring sounds way better than the frpp borla touring.

Here's a comparison vid someone made of some of the different configs. It's up to you what you think sounds better.

[ame]

Last edited:

Butter77

Ha....You said Member...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT PP
Just my opinion, but the frpp borla touring doesn't sound good. It just has a weird tone to, especially with LT headers.

Personally, since you want the gt350 valence, get the frpp sport catback, and buy the borla resonator (it's ~$250). It's interchangeable with the x-pipe.

It'll be a frankensteined borla touring, but the borla touring sounds way better than the frpp borla touring.

Here's a comparison vid someone made of some of the different configs. It's up to you what you think sounds better.
Geeze, you aren't kidding about the touring. Looks like sport with the X-pipe all the way! Thanks for that!

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red