Sponsored

2016 Shelby GT350/GT350R Media Drives & Reviews (CHECK FIRST POST)

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
that white one with no stripes and the black roof has peaked my interest, but its nice knowing they can be removed
Sponsored

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Motorweek

[ame]

Sponsored

1LEThumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
"A Ford Performance spokesman said GT350 production will be determined by demand"

:popcorn:

I had heard 5000 GT350's and 500 R's per year...or did they change that given the huge demand for the cars? Either way if the dealers keep marking them up I think it will still be much lower than the normal 5.0 GT cars. I was lucky enough to get mine ordered at sticker.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I had heard 5000 GT350's and 500 R's per year...or did they change that given the huge demand for the cars? Either way if the dealers keep marking them up I think it will still be much lower than the normal 5.0 GT cars. I was lucky enough to get mine ordered at sticker.
I've been told by a few people in the know at Ford that there is some flexibility in the final production numbers. There isn't a number set in stone like the 1964 for the 50th LE. My father just picked up a new 50th LE with 8 miles for invoice. Those worried about ADMs just need a little patience.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
^^ The LE cars are pretty cool looking with their extra bits and a neat car for people who are into anniversary models and such. Most anniversary/special editions with not much other than color and trim changes have never really held their value that well. Tons of people bought the fox body spring feature cars, red, yellow...verts...and collected them. For that reason, you see them for sale all of the time in excellent condition (low miles) but they never seem to sell and certainly not for the asking price. Same goes for the previous California Special cars...neat looking but not nearly the excitement of the cars that come somewhat purpose built with spefici drivetrains and such.

blondie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang V6
Motor Trend review said:

"Stamped right atop ours, it reads, "Hand-Built With Pride" on the Romeo niche line. Ours was crafted and signed by Gary Marston and Jeff Hamblin. "

Is this only for pre production cars? i cant imagine there is any "hand-built" element to the final production cars that we are all getting, is there? sorry im not familiar with this and what exactly does that mean?

Sponsored

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
Motor Trend review said:

"Stamped right atop ours, it reads, "Hand-Built With Pride" on the Romeo niche line. Ours was crafted and signed by Gary Marston and Jeff Hamblin. "

Is this only for pre production cars? i cant imagine there is any "hand-built" element to the final production cars that we are all getting, is there? sorry im not familiar with this and what exactly does that mean?
The engines themselves.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
The engines are hand built. They're stamped with the assembly person(s) name.

They've done this with SVT engines in the past.

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
"A Ford Performance spokesman said GT350 production will be determined by demand"

:popcorn:
OMG..here we go again....My cousin joey's friends, dads sister's son, who play baseball down the corner said Ford is going to make as many as theirs a demand for..Really?...give me a break !!!!!!!!:crazy: I will believe it when FORD say it until then keep dreaming !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheers:

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
^^^^ and by the way...when I was at the Shelby Legacy bank meeting here in Plano TX there was a spokes person there that said all sorts of stuff that was not true..I was like..your a spokes person and I know more than you..this is pathetic...I would take what this guys hearing this from a spokes person with a big grain of salt !!