Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2011 GT Premium, 2012 BMW M3, Etc Etc
I wouldn't mind springing for an "R".... but, its just too impractical. For that amount of Money there are far better cars in terms of performance and amenities that will be a joy to drive everyday and all year. The "R" might be too racer oriented and provide for a rumble seat thrill ride that will get tired quickly and also won't accommodate passengers/kids in the backseat. The GT 350 seems more reasonable and is likely just as easy and cheaper to lightweight to the same power to weight ratio as the "R" if you wanted to get to that same extreme. Just consider what you're giving up to get there. And you can still put the same wing and front splitter on it and enjoy the additional downforce of the "R".

I love the functional Aero bits. I have functional aero on my current Stang. And it definitely got rid of the squirelly feeling at higher speeds, providing more control and better steering response.

Consider this... making the car stable and perform better in the long run makes the vehicle safer to drive. Add to it the given modern computerized safety features and its even safer.

just saying
---
Sponsored

Tom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Daily Driver
I think you just sold your self on the GT350, have fun with the car.:cheers:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'd like to see the R rear wing be part of the track package for the GT350.

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
I do not think they will offer the rear wing, or wheels, etc...as options on the standard GT350. Although it will be offered from Ford, as/for replacement parts, or maybe for sale to the general public. The reason I say not an option, is a couple of reasons, and the biggest it the word "Exclusive" and "Focus" meaning the "R" is a focus track car, and they want to differentiate the GT350 and the GT350R. I, for-one love the rear wing, and extra front lengthened chin spoiler. I know this will make some cringe, will probably add it to my GT350 (not to pretend I have a "R" and fool people but just because I love the look) I would not buy the "R" over the GT350 for several reasons 1) I'm not sure about the extra heaver-duty anti-sway bars 2) rear seat delete 3) resonator delete on exhaust 4) sound deading insulation removed (for weight saving) Other than that I love the looks and Im sure it will be the track star

Sponsored

jrease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
The wing looks 100x better if for no other reason than it is actually functional. I just hope we don't see it being tacked on by cars/drivers that do not need it and should not have it. I know that is probably asking too much.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The wing looks 100x better if for no other reason than it is actually functional. I just hope we don't see it being tacked on by cars/drivers that do not need it and should not have it. I know that is probably asking too much.
The wing police are out in full force! :)

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
The they can arrest me because Im get that and the front chin spoiler....it just make the car...sorry....If it helps I'm not doing the wheels...

Grabber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Mach1 Q code , 1971 Boss 351, 2014 Taurus SHO
The cars aren't made for top speed, they are made for handling, which downforce helps. Chevy has told us that the Z07 package on the Z06 will lower the car's top speed because of the extra drag.

The GT350 (non R) at the DC auto show had the mid-sized wing on it and it looked great. Very similar to the Z06/Z28 wing.
I understand they are not only for top speed, but a more streamlined spoiler with less drag would help pick up time on the straightaways.

Sponsored

Grabber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Mach1 Q code , 1971 Boss 351, 2014 Taurus SHO
True it may give a slight bit in the corners, but when they get out on the high banks of Daytona I can see an advantage having a higher top speed. Alot of the passing is done on the straights. It just looks like a good balance between downforce and top end efficiency. :ford:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
True it may give a slight bit in the corners, but when they get out on the high banks of Daytona I can see an advantage having a higher top speed. Alot of the passing is done on the straights. It just looks like a good balance between downforce and top end efficiency. :ford:
Yeah I agree...and I wouldn't worry about balance. I'd put the R wing on my car and leave the front alone. Yes, maybe the car will stick the rear more and understeer a little bit compared to a car with the full R package. I'm not such a great driver that I need a perfectly balanced car. I'm probably faster in a car with a little rear traction bias.

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
More GT350/350R prototypes spotted, this one found with a support for the rear wing.

2016 Shelby GT350R Mustang-1.jpg

2016 Shelby GT350R Mustang-2.jpg
Sponsored