Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Here is your first look at the Ford 2013 NYIAS display celebrating 50 years of the Mustang! To kick off the year-long celebration, Ford has set up a special display on the NYIAS floor to showcase a collection of photographs highlighting its long history, as well as special 50 years branded merchandise it will be offering to commemorate the milestone. All merchandise will be offered on its website (pictured). Also shown is the 2013 Mustang, GT, and GT500 lineup.

Stay tuned.

DSC01284.jpg

DSC01285.jpg

DSC01286.jpg

DSC01287.jpg

DSC01288.jpg

DSC01289.jpg

DSC01283.jpg

DSC01282.jpg

DSC01290.jpg

Screen Shot 2013-03-27 at 10.15.59 AM.png
Sponsored

Mriley

Cool display... So nothing new from Ford huh? This is going to be one long year........:doh:

NRMStand

Did Ford even hold a press conf? I didn't see them on the schedule. Shelby 1000 release is tomorrow right?

Melino

I gotta say after seeing the logo I did think it was a bit plain but it looks nice on the merchandise. I would actually wear some of this stuff and I'm not big on branding.

Sponsored

Prodigy

Even the keychain on their site looks classier than years past. I likey.

Porsche 911 Targa.jpg

Seeing a lot of white with red accents... anniversary colors? I'm thinking they offer white interior with red accent trim and a special color/package for the exterior.
50 years keychain.jpg

Krishna

Did Ford even hold a press conf? I didn't see them on the schedule.
Nope, they just sponsored the opening breakfast i think.

Tell ya what, from pure branding, i think it's just as nice or nicer than the puma/ferrari collabo gear.

DarkAgent10

Who are the lucky peeps that got their pics on that display?

If they already have this big banner and display up on the 49th yr, you know Ford is going to try to own NYIAS next yr. I will be there for sho if it all points to NY for the reveal.

JackHoya

Ford, Shinola reveal watch celebrating 50 years of Mustang

2015-Mustang-Render-Puppyknuckles-Orange.jpg

Ford has partnered with Shinola, a Detroit-based luxury products manufacturer, to develop a commemorative watch celebrating Mustang's 50th anniversary. Only 50 companies will be licensed to use Mustang's 50th anniversary logo, and Shinola, a Detroit-based company since 1929, seemed like a natural match.

The Mustang's 50th birthday is on April 17, 2014.

“Like the Mustang itself, we want our licensed products to convey an attitude of strength, passion and quality,” said John Nens, Ford lead for global brand licensing. “Shinola embodies all of these things and is a perfect fit to celebrate this special moment in automotive history.”

The 46-millimeter wristwatch will be hand-assembled with Swiss movements and will feature the “Mustang 50 years” logo on its face, a scratch resistant sapphire-crystal dome and a black leather watchstrap.

The limited-edition timepiece -- only 1,000 are slated to be built -- will set you back $700, plus $25 for shipping. They can be ordered at the Mustang 50 Years Merchandise Collection online. The website also points out watch orders will not be shipped until October 2013.

Details about how the watch will be crafted can be seen in the video below.

A little much for a watch, but the video is actually pretty cool. Everytime I see something like this about how Ford is trying to tie in the Mustang's American (especially Detroit) roots to its 50th anniversary and picking something modern and classic at same time, I have more confidence they are not going to disappoint with the s550.
Mustang-50th-anniversary-Shinola-watch.jpg&maxW=630.jpg

Sponsored

WRC

It looks nice, but $700?? I'd want a watch brand that people actually know if I am going to spend that much on one.

Boydstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium DIB
Just ordered my merch! Now I just need the 2015 Mustang, LOL.

Show us something FORD!!!

Prodigy

What'd you order? I quit but really want that zippo. Order something may have to hold me over until I see that logo inside my car :D

z928

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Mustang
how to buy the watch?
Sponsored