Sponsored

** long read; think Ford has an oil issue which they don't want to admit

mahyarv14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Think it's the other way around. If you have a barcode, the tsb applies.
Ah you're right. They put a check mark with the image that has the barcode then on the bottom say "Yes - this vehicle is not equipped with a high flow crankcase vent oil separator system. Proceed to Step"
Sponsored

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
I'm pretty sure the barcode is the new part and the QR is the old... no?
The check mark on the tsb sheet is bad not good, that means proceed onto replacing parts, not checking your ok to go.

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Ah you're right. They put a check mark with the image that has the barcode then on the bottom say "Yes - this vehicle is not equipped with a high flow crankcase vent oil separator system. Proceed to Step"
Exactly

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
How is it not upgradable? Everything is upgradable, if not the internals then the whole pump as a whole could be. Like I said I'm not up to date with the latest EB happenings, but that's one thing I do miss about MSF, the extensive technological write ups and in depth break down of part engineering and fixes. This forum is mostly basic questions asking which exhaust is better lol.
The pump doesn't share share it's same design with any other vehicle. It's one of the fee HPFP'S on the market that is oil fed, and it is fed with a feed line. It does come apart, however there is nothing to be upgraded or changed in its current housing. Max pump lift is being achieved and the factory camshaft I'd 4 lobed instead of 3 like most vehicles in this family.

The current cost of a production run of an upgraded fuel pump is 300k for roughly 650 pumps. That is cost, you'll have to mark up to make it worth your while and nobody is going to ever sell 650 upgraded HPFP'S that will still have a limitation due to factory lift height. You would need to pair it with an upgraded exhaust camshaft with a larger lobe lift height in order to get more lift out of the pump, or even more duration. A lot of R&D will be needed, and it won't be cost effective as there are already port fueling options available and more to come.

There is a billet upgrade that is being tested but the company doing the testing is going to shit the bed for sure when I comes down to making power.

Sponsored

Keiferson22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT Premium
Just curious here, the OP said he gutted the PCV which means no check valve. So without some catch can apparatus on the clean side what would prevent the flow of crank case vapors from going through the intake side of the PCV system under boost? Wouldn't you essentially be allowing everything to flow right through the turbo, intercooler and intake manifold? I don'the really know this system well but that would explain oil in the throttle body no?

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
You are correct

Dave

Edkiefer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XR4ti
Just curious here, the OP said he gutted the PCV which means no check valve. So without some catch can apparatus on the clean side what would prevent the flow of crank case vapors from going through the intake side of the PCV system under boost? Wouldn't you essentially be allowing everything to flow right through the turbo, intercooler and intake manifold? I don'the really know this system well but that would explain oil in the throttle body no?
That is true "if" he wasn't also using a UPR dual valve CC which comes with check valve built into hoses .

Boosting Stangs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Competition Orange
People please read the op's post. If you're having trouble finding it go to the bottom of this page and it will show 1 through 17 you get the one which is the first page close to the top maybe second paragraph. He clearly states he bought a UPR dual catch can prior to gutting the PCV.

Sponsored

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo

DansEBM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost PP Mustang
Crap, luckily I do not have to drive my car at all if I don't want too, it's staying in the garage till we figure out how to fix this jack in the box.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Maybe a little stroke of coincidence and possibly some science behind it. So far I haven't been able to pin point it. I went as far as looking into cylinder fuel compensations and cylinder timing compensations to see if there was anything different with compensations per cylinder. Unfortunately Ford strategy for cylinder compensations per cylinder is only available up to 3,500rpms. However most failures happen under low RPM and higher load (.8-1.2% calculated), in this example specifically he was going up hill, not sure what gear, but not really beating on it and it let go. I hope I recall that correctly, so correct me if I am wrong Greg.

In the cylinder compensations that I can see, cylinder 3 seems to have the leanest compensation. The table is a multiplier so data of 1.00 = no compensation, and anything below it is leaner, and anything above it is richer. I see some .98x's in cylinder three under 1% load, and every other cylinder is .99x, 1.0x and 1.xx's. I highly doubt this has anything to do with well, anything but it is just something I looked into as I'm a digger when it comes to data and figuring out how things work.

There are new part numbers for the block and the shortblock from Ford since November of last year. Wonder what they are changing, they aren't saying 100% but I have a feeling....
Thanks, again Adam for the informative tech research.

Regarding the bold above - would those blocks be in the 16 EB's, or do you think those are slated for MY2017?

Mine is a December 2015 built EB... Wonder what block is in mine...?

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Crap, luckily I do not have to drive my car at all if I don't want too, it's staying in the garage till we figure out how to fix this jack in the box.
Same here, fortunately I have another car to drive now too. Mine is going to stay a garage queen that goes out once or twice every couple weeks and that's it. Maybe I'll get over this paranoia eventually, I have just lost all faith in Ford when it comes to these ecoboosts. Unless my faith is restored, I'll just preserve it until I can afford to upgrade to a GT lol.