Sponsored

So how was your Ford experience today?

Mr Wibbles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang GT550
That's what he said basically they stop taking the current mustang orders at the end of March. Then will not take orders for the new one until 2018.

I should have clarified with him as it could mean they will not start making the vehicles until 2018.

That being said I knew more about the upcoming features so it could change
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
That's what he said basically they stop taking the current mustang orders at the end of March. Then will not take orders for the new one until 2018.

I should have clarified with him as it could mean they will not start making the vehicles until 2018.

That being said I knew more about the upcoming features so it could change
Well that's news to me, but wouldn't surprise me at all, allows FR to produce LH exclusively to meet demand, and then begin catching export demand in December time, also allows them to continue testing, regulations etc for the UK/EU car, not at easy as saying here's our car, twats with red tape like to c0ck things up!

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Well that's news to me, but wouldn't surprise me at all, allows FR to produce LH exclusively to meet demand, and then begin catching export demand in December time, also allows them to continue testing, regulations etc for the UK/EU car, not at easy as saying here's our car, twats with red tape like to c0ck things up!
The car will not be released in the US till September time, so even saying December is pushing it

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
The car will not be released in the US till September time, so even saying December is pushing it
Septmeber? Thought it was like June/July? :doh:

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Depends how much retooling, training and line testing is needed in the plant. They would normally use the summer shut down to reorganise and test the line which would fit with vehicles being available in the US in "the fall". Of course you should never trust deadlines based on seasons.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
What was the time difference between the 1st US S550 and the 1st EU S550. Might be the same again
[MENTION=6364]Twin Turbo[/MENTION] maybe able to help with this, think the first S550.1's were made in August, for Nov/December delivery.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
What was the time difference between the 1st US S550 and the 1st EU S550. Might be the same again
I think it was almost a year. US deliveries start Oct/Nov '14, if I recall correctly, with UK ones turning up late '15.

Sponsored

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Nov/Dec 15 were the first ones delivered to the UK, built @ August 15.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
EXCELLENT!

Another visit to Burns Ford in Congleton today, they had the rear caliper and pads arrive. They agreed to do this before the disc arrived so I could make the meet at weekend.

Thankfully [MENTION=20104]666mac[/MENTION] the top guy he is gave me his disc which they were happy to fit.

I also asked them if they'd fit my stock PP rear dampers as an experiment whilst doing the warranty work as it would only be an extra 20-30 minutes work.

So they over hauled the brakes, they trimmed the PP bump stops and fitted the dampers and put my FRPP ones in the boot.

Even better they had it all done before lunch time so I can spend the afternoon giving the car a good clean for Sundays meet.

They said when the new disc come in they will let me know and I can have those and if warranty does not need them I can also have the old ones back too. :)

All of this cost ÂŁ0 as they did not charge for changing out the dampers.

Superb service!

P.S. I drove home like a nutter, brakes seem fine. :)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
EXCELLENT!

Another visit to Burns Ford in Congleton today, they had the rear caliper and pads arrive. They agreed to do this before the disc arrived so I could make the meet at weekend.

Thankfully [MENTION=20104]666mac[/MENTION] the top guy he is gave me his disc which they were happy to fit.

I also asked them if they'd fit my stock PP rear dampers as an experiment whilst doing the warranty work as it would only be an extra 20-30 minutes work.

So they over hauled the brakes, they trimmed the PP bump stops and fitted the dampers and put my FRPP ones in the boot.

Even better they had it all done before lunch time so I can spend the afternoon giving the car a good clean for Sundays meet.

They said when the new disc come in they will let me know and I can have those and if warranty does not need them I can also have the old ones back too. :)

All of this cost ÂŁ0 as they did not charge for changing out the dampers.

Superb service!

P.S. I drove home like a nutter, brakes seem fine. :)
Isn't that just your normal driving?!

Lolololol, glad to see the car is back, and brakes are on/working, now the real test is for PCC (Post customer care), lets see if they DO infact message you when the new discs are in (I think they will they've been good). And hopefully you're back to good :D! :hail:

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
Car goes in on Tuesday to have this fixed under warranty (was damaged like this in the factory as there was a note written on one of the factory build sheets that I found in the glove compartment, which was obviously ignored, about it needing replacing).

thumb_IMG_1761_1024.jpg

They want the car for 3 days... yes 3 days... to do it!

I asked if I could just have the panel and fit it myself at a later date and they said that to be able to claim back [the cost of the part] from Ford they have to do the work and send the damaged bit back (think I can smell bullshit).

I questioned the need for having the car for 3 days and they were at least honest enough to admit that because they've never done anything other than a PDI on a Mustang before, they wanted time to be able to do it properly and be able to call Ford (USA) for info if they have any problems.

My concern was that (as a piece of interior trim) they'd have the tea-boy working on it when he wasn't living up to his job description or sweeping the workshop floor, but they've 'assured' me that their only trained Mustang mechanic has to do it.

Doesn't stop me worrying about it!

My Ford experience will, accordingly, be published next week!
Sponsored