Sponsored

Shelby Super Snake Intro

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Shelby cut corners more this time, it looks more like parts-bin car where you can buy the body parts at the Shelby store. the earlier one such as the 18+ version did have a fully custom front fascia where you could not buy it other than the hood unless you converted. It just has a lower chin spoiler with grill inserts on the base S650 bumper. I like the older factory body matched spoilers on the previous edition.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Who is this for? Plenty of S550 GT350s/500s for way cheaper
 it looks great but still, why?đŸ€”
It’s more or less for Shelby American to stay in business
. No new products or offerings, their market goes stale

That is no way a bash at all, it’s fact. The same is true for Roush, Saleen, Steeda, RTR, etc. If there isn’t something new to offer or something “different” to keep those companie/vendors inventory and offerings fresh, then the buying segment dwindles.

Even though the Super Snake VIN is a “GT”, there will be buyers for it, just as there has been buyers for that platform in the past.

The only reason in some circumstances a Shelby VIN ties back to ANY Shelby is because of ONE specific letter that was assigned to the VIN per collaborative efforts between Ford and Shelby. That is the only reason the GT350 and GT500 VIN from the S550’s backwards to other model year Mustang Shelby’s is specific RE: Shelby identification.

Shelby American isn’t a manufacturer of vehicles, they are merely a shop that does aesthetics and drivetrain upgrades (since inception when it comes to the Mustang), therefore they can’t issue VIN’s specific to the Mustang vehicles - because the vehicle is being supplied from the original manufacturer. They can attach their “CSM” numbers, but that’s just their way of documenting consecutive builds for XYZ year of modification and authenticates it was them (Shelby American) who did the build/upgrades.
https://www.shelbysa.com/about-shelby-sa/value-of-the-csm-number/

Again, no bash or negativity intended, it’s just how it is - and although the Super Snake is a base GT modified by SA, the car will still sell at its price point because there are buyers for that platform.

As far as is being devalued because it’s a “GT” VIN and not a Shelby VIN - put it this way, take any Shelby be it a VIN’d Shelby or a GT modified as a Shelby with a documented CSM # to ANY Car Dealership they will never pay “top dollar” or beyond current Black Book values at all - fact. They’re in it to make $$$, so it’s certainly true they’re not going to pay $140k or $140k+ for a Super Snake just because it is a Shelby build with a CSM # attached to it. Same is true with S550 GT350, 350R and GT500’s - just because someone paid MSRP OR MSRP+ADM, that Dealership isn’t going to go “oh boy, it’s a genuine VIN’d Shelby, here ya go, we’re going to pay you more than you paid for the car”

So the whole “the Dealership said the Super Snake is only worth $90k because it’s just a modified GT” is true - they’re not in the business of losing money by paying exorbitant amounts for trade ins “just because”
. And if the friend wanted to cash out, he missed that bus by at lest 2 years now, because the used car market has bottomed out as expected

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Barf. Id rather have a GT500 with a manual transmission swap.

RedTetsu13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT California Special
Did they list a price? I didn't see it. Hoping around $125k?
I'd expect it to be $150k on top of a base GT (following the same logic that was applied to the S550 shelby super snakes which was about $140k on top of an S550 GT).

My two cents, the S650 super snake actually evokes some emotion in me (in a positive sense in terms of design). S650 imo has always been a miss for me, albeit the dark horse was a step in the correct direction, but the gt3/gtd was the only solution until I saw the super snake design.

That said gun to my head if I were going to bring my car to shelby, I would not be getting the super snake. I'd be opting for the shelby gt w/widebody option plus coilovers by penske, but this might be an unpopular take.

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
It’s more or less for Shelby American to stay in business
. No new products or offerings, their market goes stale

That is no way a bash at all, it’s fact. The same is true for Roush, Saleen, Steeda, RTR, etc. If there isn’t something new to offer or something “different” to keep those companie/vendors inventory and offerings fresh, then the buying segment dwindles.

Even though the Super Snake VIN is a “GT”, there will be buyers for it, just as there has been buyers for that platform in the past.

The only reason in some circumstances a Shelby VIN ties back to ANY Shelby is because of ONE specific letter that was assigned to the VIN per collaborative efforts between Ford and Shelby. That is the only reason the GT350 and GT500 VIN from the S550’s backwards to other model year Mustang Shelby’s is specific RE: Shelby identification.

Shelby American isn’t a manufacturer of vehicles, they are merely a shop that does aesthetics and drivetrain upgrades (since inception when it comes to the Mustang), therefore they can’t issue VIN’s specific to the Mustang vehicles - because the vehicle is being supplied from the original manufacturer. They can attach their “CSM” numbers, but that’s just their way of documenting consecutive builds for XYZ year of modification and authenticates it was them (Shelby American) who did the build/upgrades.
https://www.shelbysa.com/about-shelby-sa/value-of-the-csm-number/

Again, no bash or negativity intended, it’s just how it is - and although the Super Snake is a base GT modified by SA, the car will still sell at its price point because there are buyers for that platform.

As far as is being devalued because it’s a “GT” VIN and not a Shelby VIN - put it this way, take any Shelby be it a VIN’d Shelby or a GT modified as a Shelby with a documented CSM # to ANY Car Dealership they will never pay “top dollar” or beyond current Black Book values at all - fact. They’re in it to make $$$, so it’s certainly true they’re not going to pay $140k or $140k+ for a Super Snake just because it is a Shelby build with a CSM # attached to it. Same is true with S550 GT350, 350R and GT500’s - just because someone paid MSRP OR MSRP+ADM, that Dealership isn’t going to go “oh boy, it’s a genuine VIN’d Shelby, here ya go, we’re going to pay you more than you paid for the car”

So the whole “the Dealership said the Super Snake is only worth $90k because it’s just a modified GT” is true - they’re not in the business of losing money by paying exorbitant amounts for trade ins “just because”
. And if the friend wanted to cash out, he missed that bus by at lest 2 years now, because the used car market has bottomed out as expected

I get that they are in business to make money. I also get that the car loses value as you drive it off the lot, but 125 miles, less than 30 days, and $50k is a bit of a stretch for me, personally, and I owned a Shelby GT500, currently own an '18 GT, and an '04 Teminator, so I get the "mystique" angle, I do.
Sponsored