Sponsored

My audio install thread. Shaker complete overhaul.

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
I ordered a bunch of stuff, peripherals etc., last night.
This is a little bit of an experiment but yes the TwK is supposed to do that as well. We will see. I am no means an authority nor a professional. Input is welcome but don't take offense if I try other things.
It sounds like you are following an approach similar to the one I took. While it's tempting to run all new RCA's & speaker wires, it's really not necessary. I used something called speed wire ( https://www.amazon.com/Stinger-SGW9...pID=31iknfApitL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch ) in my install... I ran one cable for the left channels and one for the right. Basically, I pulled the L+R signals and the audio enable from the factory plugs in the kick panel and connected the other end to my processor. Then I took the speaker outputs from the amps and ran them back up the same cable and tapped them into the factory speaker wires... greatly simplified things for me at least.
Sponsored

OP
OP
z06psi

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
If I get rid of the entire OEM DSP/amp then the fix and possibly the TwK will both replace it down there. Then it is just RCAs to the back and two speaker wire bundles going forward to the kick panel as well. Yes I have seen that stinger wire and it has been sitting in my wish list for a while now.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I also used the 9 conductor speed wire in my install. It's 18awg so good for up to around 100W. I used it for my mids and tweeters in the front, and then used separate 16awg wire for my woofers since they were around 140W. The speed wire made everything nice and easy.

This site/page has a good calculator for wire size needed if you haven't seen it before: http://www.bcae1.com/wire.htm Lots of good info and calculators on that site actually.

OP
OP
z06psi

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Yeah I am thinking that I will run the 6.5s in mono for 100W but for everything else it will be 4ohm so 75W.

Subs will get 12 gauge. The 1000/1 will run the two 10s at 1ohm mono. They will have a blast. Lol

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
It sounds like you are following an approach similar to the one I took. While it's tempting to run all new RCA's & speaker wires, it's really not necessary. I used something called speed wire ( https://www.amazon.com/Stinger-SGW9...pID=31iknfApitL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch ) in my install... I ran one cable for the left channels and one for the right. Basically, I pulled the L+R signals and the audio enable from the factory plugs in the kick panel and connected the other end to my processor. Then I took the speaker outputs from the amps and ran them back up the same cable and tapped them into the factory speaker wires... greatly simplified things for me at least.
Would you mind posting a crude diagram? Did you skip the factory amp/DSP OR pull the signal after the amp/DSP?

Sponsored

OP
OP
z06psi

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Would you mind posting a crude diagram? Did you skip the factory amp/DSP OR pull the signal after the amp/DSP?
I have my diagram almost done. I did it in Visio but it will be a .jpg when I post it.

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW

Sponsored

UserName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 718 GT4
Virtus 603s.
I think the tweeter housing is about .11" larger than the ones I'm going to install, but should still work without too much effort.

Always have heard good things about that set, so here's hoping for the best.

OP
OP
z06psi

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Almost have everything. Waiting on the foam rings and sound deadner for the door panels.

All the wiring and Morels came in. I only want to do this once.

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
I can't wait to see how you deaden the doors. I'm still trying to decide if I should. I'm trying to keep the weight gain to a minimum. Looking forward to pics!

OP
OP
z06psi

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
I can't wait to see how you deaden the doors. I'm still trying to decide if I should. I'm trying to keep the weight gain to a minimum. Looking forward to pics!
Those bitches will be 10 pounds heavier. I can always pulley down for more power. :D

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
Almost have everything. Waiting on the foam rings and sound deadner for the door panels.

All the wiring and Morels came in. I only want to do this once.
Why is this taking so long... it's not like you're in Hawaii... oh, wait... you are :D
Sponsored