Sponsored

ZL1 vs GT350 head to head next week!

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
but the 30 mpg is more due to cylinder deactivation.
There's a point to that. The Stingray did gain a few lbs over the C6 too so getting fuel economy out of it isn't so easy while bumping power. 7 speed trans too. That 7th speed is USELESS unless you're on flat freeway.
Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Also 'truck' 'engine' (more straw reaching LOL)
That "truck engine" you speak of has variable cam adjustability just like our engines, weighs less, is considerably more compact, has a lower center of gravity, less moving parts, less fundamental failure points, has a compression ratio higher than a Coyote engine, and will blow your neck muscles out way sooner than the Voodoo even has a chance to take a morning piss.

Truck, car, boat, power generator, doesn't matter. The Coyote is used in a truck and even has some cast iron on it in that application...

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
That "truck engine" you speak of has variable cam adjustability just like our engines, weighs less, is considerably more compact, has a lower center of gravity, less moving parts, less fundamental failure points, has a compression ratio higher than a Coyote engine, and will blow your neck muscles out way sooner than the Voodoo even has a chance to take a morning piss.

Truck, car, boat, power generator, doesn't matter. The Coyote is used in a truck and even has some cast iron on it in that application...
Don't forget that the truck engine makes more power per cubic inch...

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Anyway back on track. Can't wait to watch Randy run these 2 amazing cars.
I'm excited for it as well. I wonder whether the GT350 is better in tighter areas? Obviously the ZL-1 will be faster in the straights. A big track with long straights will definitely favor the ZL-1.

Sponsored

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)

For sure, DOHC engines have been around nearly as long as OHV and pushrods, not a big difference in regards to which one is more "modern" for sure.

Pushrods are certainly more efficient in regards to providing cheap power, fuel economy, packaging and probably reliability as well. But hey, like Clarkson said when he compared the P1 to the 918... the GT350 is Cocaine compared to the pushrods being some iffy weed LOL

They do sound great though after some headers/cam work, like the 60's have come all over again :)

I'm excited for it as well. I wonder whether the GT350 is better in tighter areas? Obviously the ZL-1 will be faster in the straights. A big track with long straights will definitely favor the ZL-1.
Very anxious as well to see this one. I feel like its being tested at Big Willow, so I'm not expecting the R to come close to the ZL1 in terms of lap times. That track is a BIG power/speed track, with only one or two technical corners where the R may perform better.

I think if it was done at the usual Laguna Seca, the R would stand a much better chance with the lower weight and tire advantage.

Still calling it though, R wins. Cause Voodoo :D :cheers:

Reactions: _M_

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
I think if it was done at the usual Laguna Seca, the R would stand a much better chance with the lower weight and tire advantage.
I agree, but I've noticed they've been doing Chuckwalla a lot the last year or so.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
I agree, but I've noticed they've been doing Chuckwalla a lot the last year or so.
Yeah good point as well, Chuckwalla is a bit of a shorter track and more technical though compared to Big Willow isn't it?

Can't wait to see it tomorrow!

catdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford White/Blue Stripes
GT350R won...

ZL1 only 0.39 sec faster around willow springs

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
GT350R won...

ZL1 only 0.39 sec faster around willow springs
Very surprising result. I guess I was buying into all the hype from the Camaro guys that constantly come on here and talk crap. I bet on most smaller tracks the R would whip the Camaro.

I would hate to be that guy that just bought a new ZL-1! :D

Sponsored

Redline8250

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like I stole it.
Today's the day?

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP

Truck, car, boat, power generator, does matter! At least by MOT standards. GT350R wins!!! Underdog stories are the best!!

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Impressive win for the GT350R.

Very impressive that the SS1LE put down the same time as the GT350R (different day) but that's incredible as well.
Sponsored