Sponsored

All NEW: OPT7 S550 Full LED DRL/Turn Signal with Sequential and Switchback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Try hitting up [email protected] they usually can get things resolved. I had a prototype version earlier this year that exhibited that exact behavior in addition to not working with lights off and engine on. They sent me out a lil part and it has been smooth sailing since May
@Glenn G @assclown
He PM'ed me more than a month ago and asked me to email him and I did, sent him my original order confirmation too, i was hopeful about the proactive outreach, but................................crickets since then.
Sponsored

MustangFan27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Black PP
He PM'ed me more than a month ago and asked me to email him and I did, sent him my original order confirmation too, i was hopeful about the proactive outreach, but................................crickets since then.
Try E-mailing support@OPT7. I had an issue with my original set, and e-mailed them over the course of 3 months and eventually the issue got resolved. It really is a good product once I got the working set.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Anybody having issues with these turn signals in cold weather? 2 or 3 of the leds on both sides aren't working. There is no way they are burnt out already. It's been less than a year.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Strange. It only does it in super cold weather(below freezing).

chrisgonzales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic [wrap'd grey] GT Premium PP
Strange. It only does it in super cold weather(below freezing).
I would contact them about this as it could be a component temp issue, and if it is maybe they are aware or will have a fix. Any feedback to them is good feedback in bettering their product.

Sponsored

livewire2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT

It’s brrn over a month since I emailed them and still nothing

livewire2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT
Can someone here help me out with getting a resistor put in place so my freaking turn signals work when the headlights aren't on.

pjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WW 50th Anniv LE, '68 Merc Cougar, '17 GT350R
I had to get new ones from Opt7 to fix the problem with my 2015. They looked identical to the original ones with the same problem but had some internal change to fix the issue. I'd request a replacement from them.

livewire2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT
I had to get new ones from Opt7 to fix the problem with my 2015. They looked identical to the original ones with the same problem but had some internal change to fix the issue. I'd request a replacement from them.
The problem is they respond once every month and ask me if the issue is resolved or to email them.

I’ve been trying since October to get this fixed

Sponsored

Chuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Has anybody gotten these to be DRLs while having the lights in auto mode either through Forscan or an aftermarket harness? I see diode Dynamics sells a harness for theirs, wondering if that would work for these? Any ideas?

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Resurrecting the thread.

I ‘ve been following this thread since the very beginning. Those lights look fantastic and I really want to pull the trigger on them, but I am hesitant because of the poor customer service that I keep reading about... Have the problems reported here been resolved?

Also I have a European car. Has anyone in Europe installed them and if yes, how did you do the wiring? I suppose the connectors on those lights only fit US car, so there should be some splicing involved in order to fit them on a European Mustang. I am fine with doing the wiring myself, I just need to make sure that they will work properly.

@opt7lighting can you post here or PM me the wiring on the back of the lights, so that I get an idea on how to do the wire splicing on my car? Thanks

MustangFan27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Black PP
So, to be fair, I bought these in 2017 when they first came out. The look, amazing. The problem I had with my 2015 is the first and second batch had issues. Yes, the customer service wasn't great. I had to fight with them over 4 months to get a competent replacement.

However, they did finally replace them with the third gen fix for the resistance and they have worked flawlessly over the last year. Imo, these are the BEST looking switchbacks you can buy. They look factory and give a clean look. Their sequential operation just makes my car stand out. So, I will say this: since they fixed the issues, I have been happy with my lights. No glitches, no missed operation. They're easy to bolt on, but I did remove the wheels to give more space to install them. They're plug and play and 3 screws mount them to the housing and 3 screws mount the housing to the car. After seeing how to install the first one, the other took about 20 min. All in all, it can be done in an hour with time to spare. The instructions were worthless, but if you work on your car at all, it's a non issue. Hope this helps.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
@MustangFan27 since you've had to install 3 times now, do you do it with the front bumper cover on or off? Any tips?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.