ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Hey guys, i need some urgent help.

I am installing my P1X and my IMRC lines on my car do not match the manual! There is no Y fitting anywhere and i do not know what to do.

I called Procharger, sent them pictures and never heard back, and now they're closed for the weekend.

Pictures below. Where the manual shows lines coming out of the IMRC devices, i have black caps. I searched all over and under the area and there is no Y fitting as described. The line that I am holding in my hand is the only line i see that goes back through the intake manifold to the IMRC, but it goes to the factory vaccuum manifold and does not look like Procharger's manual does.

Any help is extremely appriciated.

[MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION] [MENTION=11041]ProChargerTECH[/MENTION]

Sponsored

15dib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Haven't seen that before. Mine was exactly how the picture shows.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
which intake? stock or gt350

OP
OP
ahl395

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
I am figuring that if I connect the one line that goes from the IMRC to the vacuum manifold to the procharger location that it should still accomplish the same task. IMRC needs connection to vsccuum,

i am guessing they just changed the connections and layout. Any opinions?

OP
OP
ahl395

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
Last edited:

Sponsored

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
That looks like an older style ford solenoid for IMRC(maybe ford switch back to it). The new ones(2015-2016) vented to the intake in front of the TB which basically sees atmosphere or slightly less all the time. I think those just block the path so the diaphragm doesnt see vaccum.

yours are 2 way vaccum or blocked. The ones with three hoses(3 way) are vaccum/block/ vented to intake. You are either going to have to delete imrc as boost is going to get through these solenoids or you may not have to do anything as they will block the diaphragm from seeing boost which would force the IMRC closed and limit power. You could always replace the solenoids with three way ones if you want to keep the IMRC. Your tuner would need to know what changes to make to utilize them correctly.

OP
OP
ahl395

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
That looks like an older style ford solenoid for IMRC(maybe ford switch back to it). The new ones(2015-2016) vented to the intake in front of the TB which basically sees atmosphere or slightly less all the time. I think those just block the path so the diaphragm doesnt see vaccum.

yours are 2 way vaccum or blocked. The ones with three hoses(3 way) are vaccum/block/ vented to intake. You are either going to have to delete imrc as boost is going to get through these solenoids or you may not have to do anything as they will block the diaphragm from seeing boost which would force the IMRC closed and limit power. You could always replace the solenoids with three way ones if you want to keep the IMRC. Your tuner would need to know what changes to make to utilize them correctly.
The way it is hooked up from the factory seems that they would see vacuum, however i guess if they see boost it may not be good for them.

i really dont want to delete them because of the power and mpg loss. what a pain Ford. :frusty:

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
The way it is hooked up from the factory seems that they would see vacuum, however i guess if they see boost it may not be good for them.

i really dont want to delete them because of the power and mpg loss. what a pain Ford. :frusty:
I haven't looked at prices but they probably are not that expensive. Easy enough to replace. Im sure any tuner would just need to compare your tune to another cars tune that came with the three way ones and could figure out what to change to make them work.

OP
OP
ahl395

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
I haven't looked at prices but they probably are not that expensive. Easy enough to replace. Im sure any tuner would just need to compare your tune to another cars tune that came with the three way ones and could figure out what to change to make them work.
It appears its a part of the intake manifold. I wonder if the pre-17 manifold and IMRC will hook up without an issue.

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
It appears its a part of the intake manifold. I wonder if the pre-17 manifold and IMRC will hook up without an issue.
To replace the solenoid, disconnect these two lines and remove the bolt. Attach the three way solenoid in the reverse order. You will have to do both solenoids. If you plan to go this route. You will also need a line to connect the third port to the intake tube or connect it how ever procharger recommends. Some tuners vent to atmosphere but this can be like having a small boost leak which is not good.
IMRc.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
ahl395

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
Got it, thank you.

I suppose I will go this route if no other option.

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Im curious in your gauge cluster does the screen that show you Vaccum/boost can you see boost or just vaccum?

OP
OP
ahl395

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
Im curious in your gauge cluster does the screen that show you Vaccum/boost can you see boost or just vaccum?
It's highest value is 0 I believe, so just vacuum.

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
I suspect cars with 2 way are like yours and cars with three way like mine I can see boost although it was N/A and would not actually see boost. Maybe a question turbo/centri FI companies need to start asking and come up with a kit or tune for each. Kinda like the weird oil gauge question tuners ask.
IMG_20170428_183646.jpg

OP
OP
ahl395

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
I suspect cars with 2 way are like yours and cars with three way like mine I can see boost although it was N/A and would not actually see boost. Maybe a question turbo/centri FI companies need to start asking and come up with a kit or tune for each. Kinda like the weird oil gauge question tuners ask.
Interesting. Procharger is definitely going to have to change thier kit for the 17+ if they want to keep the easy/complete install aspect of it.

Im hoping I can find a junkyard nearby with a wrecked S550. Can't find the part anywhere online. Don't think the dealer will be much help either.
Sponsored