Sponsored

GT350 R - who has one and what was ADM??

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
You have to love the way the red pops between the black strips and blue paint. What, no black roof option for 2018?
For sure. It works very well I think.

According to the build and price tool it's either stripes or black roof, not both. I'm guessing they are accumulating excess roof stripes or its making things more difficult having two options in one with the black roof deleting the roof stripes.. there was a show car with black roof and stripes on the black roof and it didn't look good. Maybe that was their original plan for '18 and the scrapped that idea? Who knows.
Sponsored

jefc73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff GTFO_0019
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I have a shadow black R being delivered to my house at 9am this morning at MSRP. Will post up pics later. :thumbsup:

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Thank you sir, once the plant went to a single shift they were building pretty much nothing but Shelby's. They still fell short on the 999, which obviously meant they never intended to make 999, I barely made the cut at 912 out of the 942 but I'm grateful that I did. Especially not being able to get the black roof and stripes for 2018.
First I'm reading about this....so no 999 R's to be built, just 942?
Anyone know the reason behind the odd ball final build number?

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
No.

Not sure why. Just ended last week.

Dtmaso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1965 Cobra 427S/C; Jeep Commander
According to the build and price tool it's either stripes or black roof, not both. I'm guessing they are accumulating excess roof stripes or its making things more difficult having two options in one with the black roof deleting the roof stripes.. there was a show car with black roof and stripes on the black roof and it didn't look good. Maybe that was their original plan for '18 and the scrapped that idea? Who knows.
They put stripes on a black car, but I've never seen stripes on an optional black roof. When building my car I recall that it wasn't possible to get both options - perhaps the combination just wasn't that aesthetically pleasing enough to offer. Similarly, they don't offer a RED accent stripe alongside stripes on RED R's (if I'm not mistaken).

Last edited:

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I would suggest that the number of R's built for the 2016MY and the 2017MY have more to do with the length of production and the timing for shutting down production at FR based on a specific date than actually building a predetermined number of cars.

The only year that Ford ever officially said how many R's would be built for a MY was in 2015 and do not recall Ford ever stating how many R's would be built for the 2016MY or the 2017MY.

Based on the above information Ford has produced 1505 R models for the first 3 MY's therefore I would suggest that the total number of R's built including the 2018MY will still be less than 2000 cars built over 4 MY's.

Will Ford continue to build R's beyond 2018 is anyone's guess at this time.

Thanks again to the individual for supplying us the final production date and chassis number for the final R!

:cheers:

FP350S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robear
Vehicle(s)
16 TY GT350
They put stripes on a black car, but I've never seen stripes on an optional black roof. When building my car I recall that it wasn't possible to get both options - perhaps the combination just wasn't that aesthetically pleasing enough to offer.
While this is open to debate on a black roof car with an over the roof stripe combo of which was never available. It is however very aesthetically pleasing in the stripe and black roof combo version that was available prior to MY18...of which there are many examples! (See Pics)

As to why, my guess is that Ford was running into a surplus of the unused roof section of stripes. JAT
2016-GT350-Mustang-2.jpg
GT350 avalanche and black stripes copy.jpg
med_gallery_1598_45_170501.jpg

ShadowBlackR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R - GR222
Just for grins when I ordered my 16 Shadow Black R I tried to order the black roof option along with the stripe option (I know it's crazy) so that there would not be any stripes on the roof. I also thought it would make it a 1 of 1. Who else would be that stupid? They would not let me order a black roof on a black car. LOL - BTW, the black roof paint is different than "Shadow Black"

Dtmaso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1965 Cobra 427S/C; Jeep Commander
:D
While this is open to debate on a black roof car with an over the roof stripe combo of which was never available. It is however very aesthetically pleasing in the stripe and black roof combo version that was available prior to MY18...of which there are many examples! (See Pics)
My bad if I wasn't clear - I chose black roof and OTT stripes (not on the roof) on my LB R because it looks AWESOME! It visually lowers the car. But stripes over the black roof wouldn't look right unless the whole car is black - and you can't order it that way anyway.

jefc73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff GTFO_0019
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
No.

Not sure why. Just ended last week.
Parts. Ran out. Not sure which ones but that's what I heard from a really good source in the company.

Sponsored

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
They put stripes on a black car, but I've never seen stripes on an optional black roof. When building my car I recall that it wasn't possible to get both options - perhaps the combination just wasn't that aesthetically pleasing enough to offer. Similarly, they don't offer a RED accent stripe alongside stripes on RED R's (if I'm not mistaken).
Now you have, 2016 New York auto show. :)

If you see stripes on a Red R you are seeing aftermarket stripes, as they aren't offered on either RR car.
gt3054.jpg
gt3055.jpg

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Parts. Ran out. Not sure which ones but that's what I heard from a really good source in the company.
Angled splitter screws?

:)

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
ADM??? Whats that??? ; ) Truth is, if you want this car and want it now and can afford the ADM's, that individual will buy it. If you are not willing to pay ADM for an R, it is achievable but it will not be easy nor will it be quick.

v-man

Still Plays With Cars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt 350 LB Black stripe
respectfully I have been working hard at trying to find an R at msrp or close at this point or at least over the last 6 months when I was ready to pull the trigger immediately I can not find anyone willing to sell one less then 10 over. Luck in life plays a roll. I don't count on it but when it kicks in it is a beautiful thing. I am a human and a bit envious for the guys who got the deal but I am also happy for them. my car is do in tomorrow but another dealer just now called an got a gt 350 white blue stripes the deal they had on fell thru so by end of this week it will be lb black roof black strip or the white one at mrsp or 500 below that's the word from Chicago land
Sponsored