Sponsored

GT350 Vs. Chevy Camaro SS

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Close... And that's anticipated. That's what drives competition to be better.

I would even go out on a limb as to say that it's a set of tires close, as the 350TrP may be on level with a Z/28 should it wear Trofeos.

UMDrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium ETA 8/3/18
Sounds like the SS is a hodge podge of pieces thrown together from the Corvette and Cadillac parts bin. That's certainly appealing.

No thanks. Nothing genuine about it at all... It has no sole identity.
That, plus I just can't get over how small the car makes one feel when sitting inside of it. You can barely see out of it!

I know appearance is all preference and opinion, but to me, the Camaro looks like something a kid would say "wow, cool!" from a design perspective. The Mustang just has all the proportions right. I also think the Challenger looks like a real muscle car... just can't get on board with the Camaro design.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
You would be surprised about the SS with mag ride. Loaded. With discounts MSRP 48K and with discounts $45K. 8 speed auto ,nav, 2SS trim package. black 20" wheels. Dual exhaust mode .0 to 60 beats the 350 3.8. 1/4 mile 12.3. Not talking R. The interior soft touch door panels up graded radio with all the bells nav package. $58k 350 no discounts vs SS package $48.K $2000 discounts
Styling the SS takes some time to get used to ...no car looks good in white except the GT 350 which looks great.
I drove one and as a daily driver it's dead even with the 350non R. In the real world the 350 cost $58 + $5K = $63K. SS $48K. - $2000 = $46K
Ya know if I had the Shelby now I would not be out driving a Vette with a back seat.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Lucky7s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2012
Camaro SS 8 sp Auto to GT350 6 speed?

You would be surprised about the SS with mag ride. Loaded. With discounts MSRP 48K and with discounts $45K. 8 speed auto ,nav, 2SS trim package. black 20" wheels. 0 to 60 beats the 350 3.8. 1/4 mile 12.3. Not talking R. Styling the SS takes some time no car looks good in white except the GT 350 looks great.I drove one and as a daily driver it's real close to the 350.
Yeah but then we are talking automatic vs. 6 speed, sure its quicker, it picks up what 0.2 on the shifts 0-60 and probably 0.3-0.4 in the 1/4 mile due to the transmission?

Not saying that's not a good thing just no longer the apple-apple comparison.

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
You would be surprised about the SS with mag ride. Loaded. With discounts MSRP 48K and with discounts $45K. 8 speed auto ,nav, 2SS trim package. black 20" wheels. 0 to 60 beats the 350 3.8. 1/4 mile 12.3. Not talking R.
Styling the SS takes some time no car looks good in white except the GT 350 looks great.
I drove one and as a daily driver it's real close to the 350.
That's all fine and good but that's 10k more then what I paid for my GT Premium/PP. When Ford opens up the Ford Performance GT350 parts catalog to us when ordering a GT we can do the same. I like that there are degrees of separation between models. It makes the GT350 owners feel like they got what they paid for and that the car is special bc it is. And I feel good as a GT owner, that I got a great performance car for my money and its OK the GT350 is a little out of my reach bc its a GT350. Not just a decked out GT that couldn't afford options on. Make sense? It keeps the balance. GM throws all that shit out wack. If I paid 75k for a Z28 I would be pissed right now.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Camaro looks ugly as hell in that picture!!
Super ugly in white. It looks like a fat jelly bean.

$37,000 sure. But you wouldn't want to buy it that way.

I just priced a Camaro the way I would want it:

1SS, Dual Mode Exhaust, MagneRide, Performance Brake Upgrade (I did not know this existed), $43,260
No recaros?

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
That, plus I just can't get over how small the car makes one feel when sitting inside of it. You can barely see out of it!

I know appearance is all preference and opinion, but to me, the Camaro looks like something a kid would say "wow, cool!" from a design perspective. The Mustang just has all the proportions right. I also think the Challenger looks like a real muscle car... just can't get on board with the Camaro design.
I felt the same until I saw one at the track last weekend. It actually looks pretty good in person, even the rear spoiler didn't bother me as much. On his first pass he ran a 12.4 at 115 with all the nannies on. This was right off the dealer lot with 70 miles. I got to sit in it and like others wasn't a fan of the limited visibility.
20151128_181619215_iOS.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I am a Ford guy, I would not buy dodge or chev. that said, I like the looks of the challenger.
But the Cheby, does nothing for me. It might perform great.
But why can't you have both, looks and fast.
Oh right I do, I ordered a shelby :)

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
:first:

This is my leading candidate for least-informative video of the year. He just as likely could have been talking about refrigerators. Yawn...

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Pretty lukewarm video. Guy's got a voice like a damp washcloth. I think I fell asleep at some point and woke up having missed next to nothing.
Looks like someone wrote the script and he read it as they did the video.

How they could take two of the most exciting vehicles available today and not translate any of that excitement into the review was impressive.

Needed more driving and less talking.

-T

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
The new Shelby first and foremost, IMO... but the new SS is not a bad 2nd choice. Can't wait to see what GM's next special edition 6th gen will be/have...
wow...the picture of that 6G Camaro....Insert vomit smiley here...Hideous.

dabears2322

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2005 Infiniti G35 coupe
Saw the new Camaro in person and I gotta say...
The front end looks terrible IMO! Maybe I'll get used to it, but the shelby took no getting used to in the looks department. Thing is a work of art and nobody can deny that, not even the Chevy guys.
Sponsored