2017-'18 GT500 & GT500KR

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Please no b

The rocket is a bad a starting point as can be b

And the rest just looks like OLDIFYING a sleek modern platform.

Can we have some modern, dare I say futuristic looking, forward thinking going on please?

Nothing sadder than seeing Americas greatest car constantly stymied in style and substance by lack of vision.

Great talent in putting together renders. But I humbly submit there is a desperate need for new art direction.
Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
made some little changes on the bumper:cool:
I think the original render looks best.

Much more modern.

Round fogs need to go away with the past.

We've had them for the last decade. Time for them to make room for more forward looking designs that actually advance the look of the platform.

Even the headlines guys should be modernized in another year. As it is now, it looks like they went halfway with cool led accents, then stopped halfway and slapped in some old round projectors.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I hope the GT500 coincideds with the first S550 facelift. Chris' render, above, looks great without the turn signals/lower fogs in the front fascia.It's much cleaner. Hopefully we'll get new headlamps that at least incorporate the turn signals for a neater look. The Fusion already does a great job of that. Perhaps LED headlamps on the top level trims?

:ford:
This.

Though I'd hope LEDs make it across the board. The more they make, the cheaper each one is.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Inspiration for GT500

Sorry, I'm still in love with this thing (although I get 'em to do the grille like Chris has rendered).

[ame]

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
Whatever they end up with, Ford better look to set the bar, as GM is rumored to be working on a twin-turbo V8 powerplant for the next Generation Camaro.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Whatever they end up with, Ford better look to set the bar, as GM is rumored to be working on a twin-turbo V8 powerplant for the next Generation Camaro.
Really? I've not read that, but it's actually good to know. Well, it's good as long as Ford are working on something very similar.........and get it to market before GM :ford:

Johnb-5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2006 Volvo XC90 GT350
The next gt500 will not be a tt.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
The next gt500 will not be a tt.
You seem pretty sure of that ;)

There appears to be an "unforseen" problem for any potential GT500.....and that's the likes of:

A 777hp Steeda Q750
A 730hp Saleen Black Label
A 700+hp Roush Stage 3 Phase 2

Whilst there's MUCH more to a decent hot Mustang than mere HP, the bar-bragging-rights would seem to indicate a GT500 would need to be pushing 800hp to be Top HP Dog.

Who said the muscle car wars were over? :headbang:

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
When I was at GAS looking at the Rocket, one of the engineers (?) stated that Ford designers are studying the design very closely, and even requested the design sheets from Fisker/GAS.

This could be something.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I certainly wouldn't say no to a GT500 with Rocket influences, especially in terms of the way the wide body is beautifully integrated, rather than the bolt-on jobs seen on far too many cars at SEMA.

I'm still intrigued by the camo'd S550 your partner saw in LA a few months back though. I can't believe it hasn't been seen since!

:)
Sponsored