Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
The 71-73 Mach 1 hood design is ugly on the car in my opinion. Please no forward facing hood scoops.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
Hard to make a 50 state emissions legal TT Coyote. I don't know if anyone makes one at all at this point to be honest. If so, I haven't seen it.
CA bites. The rule is that you can't mess with the pipe the contains the cat.
Can't move the cat. Can't move the 02 sensors.

This, of course eliminates all the turbo kits, as well as all long tube headers.

CA rules are such BS. I'd love a Boss intake on my '14GT, but you can't pass the visual inspection, because you need a tune to run it. Even though you can buy a boss Mustang in CA.

I've lived here all my life, I can't even imagine doing the kind of stuff that guys from, say Texas, do to their cars. They got you by the balls here.

Sponsored

The Problem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Also Bugatti just unveiled a frickin 1500hp quad turbo beast. I don't know how does ford not get that the gt500 is in need of twins

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Also Bugatti just unveiled a frickin 1500hp quad turbo beast. I don't know how does ford not get that the gt500 is in need of twins
I think it does.

Super chargers are outdated nowadays in terms of new high end performance cars.

Ford has the turbo thing down.

V8 TT is simple logic.

redleg322

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Accord 2.0t Touring, '17 GT350
This is tough for Ford because they have to have a world car that meets a billion regulations, yet make a car with half the power of a Bugatti Chiron at way less than 1/30th the price!

It has to be 200MPH+ and still have a decent interior, good driving manners and pass all safety regs.

This is a colossal engineering feat. Maybe that's why its taking a few years so just be patient.

Woops--noticed I revived a 3 month dead thread. lol

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
This is tough for Ford because they have to have a world car that meets a billion regulations, yet make a car with half the power of a Bugatti Chiron at way less than 1/30th the price!

It has to be 200MPH+ and still have a decent interior, good driving manners and pass all safety regs.

This is a colossal engineering feat. Maybe that's why its taking a few years so just be patient.

Woops--noticed I revived a 3 month dead thread. lol
Shelby 1000 mustang was nearly full power. And it cost way less too. And that's a middleman taking their additional cut. Straight from Ford you'd see major refinements, way better performance, and lower cost.

The Mustsng is s volume seller without all the jive the Chiron has.

The mustang already has the setup. Add turbos and awd. Strengthen other areas. Lightweight where possible. Boom. Done. Or take a GT350R as the base with TT and AWD. Most R&D is done. Then rebalance after the 5.2 ecoboost AWD is in place.

Because it's s volume car. And because ford isn't trying to claim the most exotic of the exotics title, the car can be had at an "affordable" price.

The TT AWD Mustang would also sell like hot cakes, thus improving the economy of scale.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Look how heavy a S550 or GT350 is now. Adding a 5.0/5.2 with AWD will add even more weight. They need to lose 300 pounds before adding more of anything. I'm all for a TT V8. But in my opinion they will use the 3.5 TT ecoboost.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Look how heavy a S550 or GT350 is now. Adding a 5.0/5.2 with AWD will add even more weight. They need to lose 300 pounds before adding more of anything. I'm all for a TT V8. But in my opinion they will use the 3.5 TT ecoboost.
The 3.5 TT would function fine, but I think Ford realizes that lots of their customers will refuse to buy a V6 in a halo car. Doesn't matter how much power the V6 makes. I'll keep my V8. In a few years if my current car can't keep up with the new stuff, maybe I will slap a power adder on it.

I agree the Mustang could stand to lose weight. I hope that happens with the next redesign. The car is bigger than I would prefer.

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
It's a safe bet that no weight reduction untill S650 hope it all aluminum body, and Active Suspension like on 17' Fusion Sport.

Remember Mustang IRS come from Fusion, so future suspension pro come from Fusion.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
It's a safe bet that no weight reduction untill S650 hope it all aluminum body, and Active Suspension like on 17' Fusion Sport.

Remember Mustang IRS come from Fusion, so future suspension pro come from Fusion.
How do you figure the mustang IRS came from the fusion? The fusion is front wheel drive.
We're not going to see an all aluminum mustang. No way no how. Aluminum is not strong enough for a all unibody car. The F150 is a framed vehicle. The next mustang will more than likely have aluminum hood,fenders, doors,deck lid,suspension components, and of course engine and drivetrain. No way will their be an aluminum unibody!

I wish that when ford made the GT350 they would of made the front suspension (control arms) from aluminum. The made the wheel bearing knuckles from aluminum compared to iron on the lesser mustangs. Also wish they made the doors and deck lid from aluminum. Removing weight from the center of the car is second best from unsprung weight.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
We're not going to see an all aluminum mustang. No way no how. Aluminum is not strong enough for a all unibody car.
That is demonstrably untrue. There have been cars out there with aluminum unibodies for years.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
That is demonstrably untrue. There have been cars out there with aluminum unibodies for years.
It's not going to happen for a mustang. Mind telling me which cars these are? Because just until recently ford and others started making strong sturdy steel unibody cars.
Sponsored