Sponsored

You asked for it, Corsa Answered!!!

K3NMasterS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a 5.2L Flat Plane
Hmmm looks like a simple cut and weld job on my Gibsons.
Sponsored

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
GT-350

Look closely at the 350 tips. They are separate from the pipes. There is a good-sized air gap between the pipe and tips. Also looks like drain holes in the tips, which appear to be attached to the valence. The mesh of the valence appears to be molded in and not an easy pop-out. They look much better from a distance than up close. They may have done this to prevent vibration of the valence and for a Venturi effect. Sort of like they put vibration dampers up by the cat.

the roush valance looks much better in person though. it's alot less obvious than in pics because of the way lighting makes the roush valance look so obvious.

one thing we gotta think about with the gt350 valance is if the tips would even line up right in the valance as the gt350 valance wraps around the quads and under.

oh and if the big corsa quad tips would even FIT in the hole. last thing I'm going to do is dremel out a gt350 valance to make the corsa tips fit. I'm willing to bet we'll run into issues.

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
GT-350 Exhaust

From the Sebring event yesterday sponsored by Ford Performance
image.jpg

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
More than the quad tips, im loving the rear valence with the diffusers. Are those the roush ones?

Edit: ignore this, didnt realise the thread was already 4 pages long.

Sponsored

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase

UglyMutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Exhaust for this car is just expensive! Near 2k for a quad tip catback after you get the valance. That's more than I've paid for most of the cars I've owned!

Granted I had some real heaps in my early years.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Exhaust for this car is just expensive! Near 2k for a quad tip catback after you get the valance. That's more than I've paid for most of the cars I've owned!

Granted I had some real heaps in my early years.
Even 3k for a full exhaust, LT and all is not expensive compared to cars that cost 4k-8k. Try to be happy about that.

Digital_Synapse

Mass Effect Field Expert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT PP
Am I the only one that thinks that looks like a cop-out, that all four tips should come from the mufflers? For the kind of premium price being charged, it shouldn't be rinky-dink.
I can see why you would think this. I thought the same thing at one point. It's easy for us to forget that there are many different types of exhaust systems. Single mode, and bimodal, and others as well. Changing the way gas exists the muffler changes the route and the sound. The Corsa system works for no drone with their reflective sound cancellation tech if I remember correctly. So the exhaust exit point is set in stone. The pipes downstream don't matter too much, mainly for aesthetic purposes I would assume.

Let's look at the '13 GT500, the exhaust had one exit as a single mode passive flow and the pipe downstream was split in two. Welded, and was not interchangeable, while this one is interchangeable.
See '13 GT500 exhaust:

The Camaro ZL1, and Roush Active exhaust has bimodal exhaust system with an electronic flap that opens and closes with a bunch of mumbo jumbo. Basically, more parts to break. The flap opens the second of two exhaust exits which has two pipes coming out of the muffler for more actual sound, and all the drone you could wish for.

Corsa Quad-Tip Cat-back $1,489
Camaro Quad-Tip Cat-back $2,346
Roush Active Quad-Tip AXLE-back $2,735 (still need to ADD an X/H pipe)

Thats $1,246 less than the next compatible exhaust, I think I'll stick with Corsa with quad tips for both the sound quality and monetary commitment.

Now, as for the Corsa's lining up with the GT350 bumper, I have no idea. Can a Corsa rep chime in on this please?

Sponsored

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
I can see why you would think this. I thought the same thing at one point.

Let's look at the '13 GT500, the exhaust had one exit as a single mode passive flow and the pipe downstream was split in two. Welded, and was not interchangeable, while this one is interchangeable.
Great explanation of the reasoning, thank you. Of course you are right, an additional muffler opening would be bound to change the sound with unpredictable consequences.

I do like the GT500 design better, but I suppose Corsa was already committed to a side-exit muffler for the 15 and a design like the GT500's gentle Wye connection would have landed the two tailpipes in the wrong location. Everything has consequences.

Digital_Synapse

Mass Effect Field Expert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT PP
Right in their catalog.
NICE!!! That looks like a full exhaust kit though. Anything with just the valance?
Great explanation of the reasoning, thank you. Of course you are right, an additional muffler opening would be bound to change the sound with unpredictable consequences.

I do like the GT500 design better, but I suppose Corsa was already committed to a side-exit muffler for the 15 and a design like the GT500's gentle Wye connection would have landed the two tailpipes in the wrong location. Everything has consequences.
Yup, my thinking too. I just hope it lines up with the GT350 valance exhaust ports. If not, well I happen to have an awesome exhaust shop down the road, and they would love to tackle this project for me. :)

350Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 C10 2021 GT PP M6
Look closely at the 350 tips. They are separate from the pipes. There is a good-sized air gap between the pipe and tips. Also looks like drain holes in the tips, which appear to be attached to the valence. The mesh of the valence appears to be molded in and not an easy pop-out. They look much better from a distance than up close. They may have done this to prevent vibration of the valence and for a Venturi effect. Sort of like they put vibration dampers up by the cat.
They did this for heat reasons. The large gap does create a Venturi effect drawing cool air through the plastic mounted tips. This was mentioned by ford somewhere.

Infamous

President of Honda
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP
Anyone at Corsa care to weigh in on the fitment for the GT350 valance? Either way I'm sold :D

JollyWrench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
The system is great... But, the way you've got twin tips is awful, the roush system looks so much better
Sponsored