Sponsored

Disguised S550 Mustang Spied Testing - New Variant or Refresh?

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Those were my initial thoughts, too :thumbsup:
Lets hope Twin! You and I both are holding out for the '17 refresh. I hope it's coming.

The rear being camo'd though intrigues me...if they are hiding the lights, that means they could be going to 4 bars like the person a few months back posted about seeing that one Mustang in LA near the design center running 4 tri bar lights in the front.

I think they need to get that 10 speed in there also in the refresh. Way behind the times in the auto tranny department.

Fawk yes, makes me more excited for next year. Already love the current ones, though..so hopefully it doesn't get worse.

Since they're clearly masking the actual lights, I wonder if they have switched to all LEDs.
And LED package would be sweet. The Audi A3 LED's are amazing. I do think the lights being hidden are due in part of the fascia redesign and also possibly the 4th tri bar being added which would then be the quad-bar I guess lol. If that's true then you'll see the turn indicators be part of it.

Voodoo

Elite Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Car
Model refresh. But I don't think it's going to be that much different from the current design, so don't get your hopes up. I hope they move the turn signals intto the headlights housing, having a turn signal bar on the bumper itself doesn't leave much room for fancy designs.

Falcon01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost Premium PP Manual
A refresh for the MY 2017? That seems pretty early considering the car was only released in for MY 2015. OTOH, maybe they're trying to improve it to go up against the new camaro. Either way, I just picked my 2016 up a month ago, so as excited as I am about the new one, I don't think I'm getting it any time soon.

Zombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG GT350
Must be JC Whitney working with Ford on a new line of "bolt on cosmetic mods" for the S550 ;)

Sponsored

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
A refresh for the MY 2017? That seems pretty early considering the car was only released in for MY 2015. OTOH, maybe they're trying to improve it to go up against the new camaro. Either way, I just picked my 2016 up a month ago, so as excited as I am about the new one, I don't think I'm getting it any time soon.
Why is that early? 3rd year is usually refresh. Happens on tons of cars. My fathers KIA optima was refreshed in year 3 of it being out. And they did cosmetic things like new front and rear lights to it with a few new packages.

Remember Ford knew the Camaro was coming and will not let them have 2 years of sales of not doing anything with the Mustang. The '16 was just a filler year for the Mustang like year 2s usually are.

If this is the refresh (which we think it is), then Camaro will only have from this November or so till next September to say they have the newer car.

Fort drops the '17 Mustang refresh in Sept of 2016 with new fascia, new lights, and 10 speed and they 1 up them.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'll put in a guess for an 18MY refresh.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I'll put in a guess for an 18MY refresh.
Too long away. That would be 2 years from '16 MY til '18 MY of Camaro being the new kid on the block.

Ain't no way Ford is letting that happen.

Mustangchief

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kona Blue GT
Do they have a package with 18 inch wheels and P Zeros? I thought they were only on 19 and 20 inch wheels. Pricey summer tires on a non performance mule?

Sponsored

Armen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Vert
That is my guess as well. If so, hopefully nothing too radical. After all, my 2015 still feels brand new.
I'd like to see something more aggressive. My biggest issue with the current Mustang has always been the soft nose design. The rest of it I love, including that wide back end.

I've done countless photoshops on that front end to make it a bit more 'American Muscle' rather than what imo is inspired by Euro-Asian design.

Here's some I've done...

[/URL]

[/URL]

That last one inspired my own mods...

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
They threw me off with the truck lights more so that the camo.

Myxtro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta
The grille seems the same as the current GT.

I don't think it's a refresh as the mustang needed 5+ years for a refesh in the past (except for gen 1). I'm hoping for a Mach1.

New headlights? Maybe... But what's the purpose of testing them when you cover them up?

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
Those front lights are part of the up-coming PLOW-PACKAGE, which of course will include the "all wheel drive" and "adjustable ride height" options that Ford has done a great job of keeping super secret.

Doug
Sponsored