Ambient Thermal Management Intercooler Data and Info Thread

sb1racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP
That very interesting, grill is currently stock, was actually thinking of doing the grill delete which I would assume would help even more... Maybe I should do that sooner than later :)

Can't wait for it to get nice and cool out in the upcoming months!
Sponsored

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
Incredible performance with such a limited mod list... Keeping charge air temps near ambient and giving the air direction via rounded surfaces and proper end tanks is really paying off when combined with Adam's incredible tuning...
Have you opened the grill up in front of the airbox inlet? We saw a .5 psi reduction in pressure drop at 70mph in our testing by simply drilling each dimple out in the stock grill, that's huge when your pushing the turbo to the right side of the compressor map...

Here's what's going on with the ATM IC that allows your custom tuning to be at full max potential all the time. As you can see the intercooler keeps AIT's down near ambient even through several gears. Since temps barely rise recovery back to starting temps happen very fast so you always have the same consistent performance level... Speaking of that your cars gonna be a complete monster once the ambient temps drop into the 60's-70's!
[/IMG]
Your intercooler definitely is kicking some heat's ass. It's serious stuff, I like it.

Elapid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP Auto
So this FmiC requies only removing grill shutters no other modifications? I would use the stock piping @ the beggining

sb1racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP
So this FmiC requies only removing grill shutters no other modifications? I would use the stock piping @ the beggining
My car is 110% bone stock under the hood, just bought the ATM FMIC and had my son (who was 10 at the time, just turned 11) do the install :) Very easy & basic, doesn't require anything that doesn't come with it. Removed the entire grill shutter thingy, no cutting or modifications to anything.

Then you just to get the tune to take full advantage of that nice cool air, which of course is where I turned to Adam @ MAPerformance. Now car is running 12.0's like nothing and will be in the 11's soon as I get some time to head back out to track!

Sponsored

OP
OP
JerseyDevil

JerseyDevil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Ecoboost Mustang
Yes you can use factory plumbing. The Install is easy and the girl shutters and some small ducting is all that's removed!

bigspoondude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Scion xB
Excited to see your intercooler is finally released. Now I need some back to back bonuses from work.

OP
OP
JerseyDevil

JerseyDevil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your intercooler definitely is kicking some heat's ass. It's serious stuff, I like it.
Thanks Adam,

Your awesome tuning and the intercooler are obviously working together incredibly well, when the temps drop into the 60's-70's the drag times are going to get insane...

We still have a few here if you wanted one for the 700hp monster you're building!

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT, 2015 Black Eco
Do you have any pictures of the intercooler on the car?

Sponsored
OP
OP
JerseyDevil

JerseyDevil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have any pictures of the intercooler on the car?
If you want a low direct shot with the bumper on let me know and I'll get one uploaded...

image.jpg2_zpspjzelron.jpg

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
No that's picture is just fine. Stock location for charge pipes right?

OP
OP
JerseyDevil

JerseyDevil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No that's picture is just fine. Stock location for charge pipes right?
Yes we maintain factory exact inlet/outlet geometry and diameter. However our inlets and outlets internal diameter are flared and slightly larger than stock. we also bellmouth the internal area where the inlet outlet enter the endtank

Here's a pic of the flared/knife edged inlet/outlet, you can't achieve some of the air flow enhancements we incorporated into the cast end tanks with a fabricated end tank! Air doesn't like ledges, edges and square surfaces- we literally threw the intercooling book at this design!

Last edited:

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
I'd like to see what your lower grill looks like with the removal of "obstructions". I was also thinking of doing something similar for my CAI.

I'd also like to figure out at what temp you cross the threshold where you see the big power drops.

This IC is a beast, nice job!

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
I'm just curious would MAPs charge pipe for big turbo fit
Sponsored