Sponsored

Horsepower Numbers Question

Bampot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Roush Supercharged 2015 Ruby Red GT. P.P./P.P.
So I've ordered the JLT Cold Air, the SCT X4 Programmer and the Borla S Type Cat Back. What kinda HP can I expect from this set up?
With 435hp stock will I be close to 470hp?
Any help would be appreciated. :ford:
Sponsored

jimmy k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT track pack
yes, if you're playing the game gran turismo
Why ? Won't a Tune net you around 20-30 Horse power, forget about the CAI,that is debatable maybe a few more ponies.Maybe 5-10 from the catback. Just saying a dyno tune got me from 365 rwhp to 390 rwhp, thats 25 rwhp.

Br725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Prem/PP/ruby red/premier int.
I don't see the catback giving any more than 2 or 3, tops, but the CAI and tune make it reasonable to expect a 30 HP gain.

Sponsored

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic Mustang GT PP
I have been seeing where the X4 programmer is grenading engines. Say goodbye to your Coyote.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Stock 6sp GT's are dynoing between 380-390RWHP. Tune and CAI should net another 30RWHP. A few guys here have dynoed between 410-415RWHP with tune and CAI.

OP
OP
Bampot

Bampot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Roush Supercharged 2015 Ruby Red GT. P.P./P.P.
Stock 6sp GT's are dynoing between 380-390RWHP. Tune and CAI should net another 30RWHP. A few guys here have dynoed between 410-415RWHP with tune and CAI.
Thanks for those numbers.

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/PP Race Red
I want some people to educate me on this because I'm still a noob to all of this

The car is advertised as 435hp with 400lb of torque (I think?)...BUT those are not accurate and not really what you're getting.

Why is this?

Pootie_Stang

Wah Dah Ta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT PP Base
I want some people to educate me on this because I'm still a noob to all of this

The car is advertised as 435hp with 400lb of torque (I think?)...BUT those are not accurate and not really what you're getting.

Why is this?
you mean why are people getting 380-390 rwhp?

Crank hp and Wheel horse power are different; the motor makes 435 at the crank but puts around 390rwhp to the ground; HP is lost through the driveline to the ground; it happens in every car

Sponsored

BrantMcE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic w/ Dark Saddle In

Why is this?
Ford measures horsepower at the crank, by the time that power reaches the rear wheels (where a Dyno gets it's numbers) some of that power is lost through the drivetrain via friction/heat. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I'm no expert but this is how I understand it based on what I've read.

Damn, Pootie beat me to it lol

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/PP Race Red
Crank and RWHP....That's where I was getting confused.

Another question...I'm adding headers (kooks), Intake (JLT, most likely), and a tuner (prob N-Gauge)...Is it better to get it dyno-tuned or emailed tuned? I know most people say it's better to go get it done in person but with this set-up will the HP be that more significant?

I like the fact that the tunes you can buy online or vendors come with a free custom tune (usually)

I've been told that a good shop near buy charges $500 for a custom tune...seems a lot to swallow that's considering not the tuner included.

Thoughts?

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
I have been seeing where the X4 programmer is grenading engines. Say goodbye to your Coyote.
What dont make statments that are false and have no merit!!!!!.

BrantMcE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic w/ Dark Saddle In

Another question...I'm adding headers (kooks), Intake (JLT, most likely), and a tuner (prob N-Gauge)...Is it better to get it dyno-tuned or emailed tuned? I know most people say it's better to go get it done in person but with this set-up will the HP be that more significant?

I like the fact that the tunes you can buy come with a free tune

I've been told that a good shop near buy charges $500 for a custom tune...seems a lot to swallow that's considering not the tuner included.

Thoughts?
A tune from one of the vendors should be fine, seems like you're doing basic bolt ons that they have likely made plenty of tunes for, so the canned tune they send you should be a good starting point, after which you can send them a data log and they can adjust parameters for your specific vehicle. I personally don't have a tune yet but would was looking into going with livernois or Lund.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

I like the fact that the tunes you can buy online or vendors come with a free custom tune (usually)

Thoughts?
Is the $500 a custom dyno tune? Is so, that is the going rate. I paid that back in 2003 for a tune for my 2003 Cobra.
Sponsored