Sponsored

MMR releases its "BIG TUBE" Cold Air Intake system for 2015 Mustang Ecoboost 2.3

thabrownieviking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Performance pack 6 speed
I know this intake does not require a tune if the car is stock, but lets say im already tuned.. would i need to have a modified tune ? I know JLT does thats why I ask if MMR also needs one if my car is already tuned?
You can request a modified tune to take into account the intake. You should get a decent bump over the stock intake. That's more of a question for wherever you have your tune device from.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Sponsored

thabrownieviking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also got my intake installed yesterday. I should have taken the wheel off it was a colossal pain reaching in with the wheel turned. Everything else went smoothly I just have on problem now, in 5th and 6th if I dip off throttle even a little bit, I can hear the DV open, and it won't stop venting even after o get back on the gas. Not sure if the recirc line isnt pushed down right enough or what, no leaks anywhere else.

sleepless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Guard flavored
MMR releases its "Big Tube" Cold air intake system for the 2015 Ecoboost Mustang!! ... Properly mounts to the engine, not to the body which is a big NO NO like the "Copy Cat" MAP kits -
Did you guys really slander another vendor in your intro? Wow. Classy.

For an intake.. a metal tube you bent and put someone's else filter on the end. Just like almost every other aftermarket cold air intake for every other car. :tsk:

Another reason not to buy from MMR.

hipporo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Koji
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 RubyRed
Somebody, please help me...
While I was installing the intake, i had very hard time re-connecting PCV to the tube. I have been doing just this part for over 30min, and I found two o-ring came off from the connector...

I'm not sure where they were... Does anyone know how to install these 2 o-rings back? Am I screwed? :(

Edit: Never mind... I was able to reinstall those o-rings...

Last edited:

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium

For an intake.. a metal tube you bent and put someone's else filter on the end. Just like almost every other aftermarket cold air intake for every other car. :tsk:

Yup they pretty much did. Almost as bad as FFTec coming into the MAP big turbo thread and pissing on MAP's thread.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mod Mustang Racing

Mod Mustang Racing

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modularmotorsportsracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Worlds Fastest & Only 5 second Coyote

We are sorry that you feel that way, but there is a big difference between slander and fact, the MMR kit came out long before the MAP kit, the MMR kit was the ONLY kit that featured a hard METAL tube placing the filter in the fender prior to MAP - FACT. We certainly appreciate your opinion however and have removed their name from our first post to prevent any further upset.

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
We are sorry that you feel that way, but there is a big difference between slander and fact, the MMR kit came out long before the MAP kit, the MMR kit was the ONLY kit that featured a hard METAL tube placing the filter in the fender prior to MAP - FACT. We certainly appreciate your opinion however and have removed their name from our first post to prevent any further upset.
I'm pretty sure it was the use of the word "copy cat"...which comes across extremely childish. You certainly didn't come up with the idea of using a metal tube for a cold air intake in a vehicle.... As a repeat customer of yours I have stood behind your products being bashed in previous posts, I'm now regretting that.

thabrownieviking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you guys going to help me with the issue I've been having, that I've not only posted in this thread and private messaged you about or what?

I read about your poor customer service but I forked over $200 of my hard earned money, I'd appreciate some help.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Are you guys going to help me with the issue I've been having, that I've not only posted in this thread and private messaged you about or what?

I read about your poor customer service but I forked over $200 of my hard earned money, I'd appreciate some help.

You aren't the only one, I've emailed them and PM'd them a question about one of their products and never heard back either.

Sponsored

BigCatDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Underestimating customer service is common for some reason. It's pretty clear reading the forums who will stand by and support their customers and who won't. (in general) Imho avoid MMR, COBB, and ATM. Any others?
MAP and Mishimoto tend to be very good on avg.

We should post a thread on good and bad customer service experiences. That will wake some shops up. If they care.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
I agree that customer service is sometimes overlooked and those companies should be avoided. However, I think you can't say someone has bad customer service just because they don't keep people updated on the forums. What about Ford Racing? Never a single word from them... Now if you have tried multiple methods of contact and have been ignored that's a different story.

sleepless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Guard flavored
ronv95 took the words out of my mouth.

You're the only ones to use a "hard METAL tube" to route the intake into the fender? Please :lol: that's just about every CAI out there, far before the 2015 mustang came out. You didn't design anything new, otherwise you'd have a patent. No one copied you, that's just the obvious design. It would take more effort for a vendor to buy your intake, wait until you actually shipped, and take down dimensions then it would to tack weld some pipe together themselves.

Thanks for the morning laugh! :headbonk:

thabrownieviking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well MAP answered my private message, and my question about a competitors product, which they were under no obligation to do so. Color me impressed. I understand if MMR isn't a huge shop but come on, hire a dude or an intern to keep up on the forums. It means a world of difference for you get people like me. It feels more personal and is way more likely to earn my trust, respect, and business.

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Well, I know who not to buy from now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored