stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
No, all of the mft features are still fully functional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
So what is actually removed from the car besides the speakers you replaced?

Nothing else was removed - just the speakers and sub and then replaced with all new components, speedwire to/from the dloc to the new amp, etc.

POOPonYOU

I Do Stupid Well
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
Nothing else was removed - just the speakers and sub and then replaced with all new components, speedwire to/from the dloc to the new amp, etc.

So you kept the stock amp? If so, can you please provide a list of speakers you installed? Thanks.

Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
I've never heard a factory upgraded stereo that sounded like an upgraded stereo... that's why I didn't spec one for mine. Aftermarket is the only way to go if you want a good stereo.

Rypkr937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Coyote Premium
I find it comical when people ask if we've adjusted the settings. There's not really much to adjust. Bass, mid, treble, fade, and driver/passenger. The system is plain lacking regardless of how you adjust these simple settings.

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I find it comical when people ask if we've adjusted the settings. There's not really much to adjust. Bass, mid, treble, fade, and driver/passenger. The system is plain lacking regardless of how you adjust these simple settings.
I actually don't understand why it doesn't come with a 5 or 7 band eq when we have a big ass 8" screen which could easily accommodate such a function. Even if it was listed as an "advanced" setting.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Usually that comes from people who think Beats are great headphones too...

The best sound I've found so far for my taste (in addition to the all new speakers/amp) is with Spotify on the 320k stream connected via usb and using the custom EQ w/in the app. The head unit settings for treble and mid are flat and bass it set way down.

Sponsored

Sterling Archer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evil Mobile
It's because of power sells. They can advertise that it puts out 500W of power and instantly people are attracted. Try boosting the midrange a bit, I found most Ford speaker systems are pretty flat for the vocals.

On the other hand, when you look at the THX speakers in the Lincolns, they intentionally don't advertise the power levels because those systems are about audio quality. The average customer wouldn't pay 5x as much for a system that puts out less power because they realistically don't understand the metrics such as SNR and the types of op-amps that go into the higher end DACs.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Spotify has a 320k stream option??? Nice.
Yep - only on the paid account (after 30 day trial expires) but worth every penny. I just wish the 'station' aggregator was as good as Pandora.

Sterling Archer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evil Mobile
Yep - only on the paid account (after 30 day trial expires) but worth every penny. I just wish the 'station' aggregator was as good as Pandora.
I intentionally avoid Spotify because they cost the artists a lot of lost revenue. Taylor Swift may have been the first to leave, but more and more are pulling their songs because the mass streaming devalues their music so much.

And while you may or may not agree on how much an artist should make, it's never fun to have your product lose its value because someone else is distributing it to the masses effectively for free.

Axe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Its awful. If youre reading this FORD- YOU SUCK!**

**except for the rest of the car. The rest of the car is pure awesomeness.
Sponsored