Sponsored

Speaker sizes?

Angry Irishman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Coupe PP
Anybody have the sizes for all the speaker yet? I have the Shaker with sub and 11 speakers. I'm thinking just upgrading the speakers to something quality will have a very positive effect on the overall quality of sound as the stock system seems fairly powerful for driving speakers.
Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
I've got them all in a box in my garage. I'll measure them in a bit and post up with some pics.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Picture overload coming.... the two coax are from the rear deck. The only one I didn't replace was the front center speaker.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Anybody have the sizes for all the speaker yet? I have the Shaker with sub and 11 speakers. I'm thinking just upgrading the speakers to something quality will have a very positive effect on the overall quality of sound as the stock system seems fairly powerful for driving speakers.
One thing I found out (a little late) is that the bluetooth on these cars sucks for quality. On my previous car audio quality (320k stream) didn't suffer much at all over bt vs usb. This is where I probably went over board on the upgrade...

After spending a ton of money upgrading everything and doing a sound check and tune with the shop it was 1000% better than stock. Then I drove away...and turned on my bluetooth and started streaming like I normally did for the last 3 years. It sounded like shit and I was pissed. Back to the shop and some more fine tuning and I thought I was good to go.... Listened to the CD most of the way home was was happy. Then I switched back to bt and it was crap again - distorted as can be on some songs, perfect on others. All this time I never suspected the bluetooth to be an issue. Once I plugged in directly it was a night and day difference (and I get album art as a bonus).

So the moral to my expensive tale: If you are streaming and the quality sucks, try a hard wire connection before upgrading. ;) I suspect had I done that I would have been happy with just a sub upgrade and would have saved a ton of money.

(For audiophiles -- check out Tidal (http://tidalhifi.com) 100% FLAC/ALAC streaming service)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Angry Irishman

Angry Irishman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Coupe PP
Wow, thanks so much. This is going to help a lot of folks out on here.:hail:

Cheers!

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Focal 165ACS3 up front
Focal 165AC in the rear deck
JL Audio 10w3v2 sub in a custom ported box
Kenwood 900/5 5 Channel amp.

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
Will the Shaker Pro accept audio through my iPod connected via the USB cable?

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Will the Shaker Pro accept audio through my iPod connected via the USB cable?
Yes. You can browse it, view artwork, etc etc.

Sponsored

sdch1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Are the fittings on the door speakers standard or did you have to get any special frame? I think in the previous Mustang model you needed some sort of bracket to fit non-factory speakers.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Are the fittings on the door speakers standard or did you have to get any special frame? I think in the previous Mustang model you needed some sort of bracket to fit non-factory speakers.
We used custom/aftermarket brackets for all of the speakers. We also enlarged the opening for the mid in the door. :(

Project Whitemare

GTFO Squad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Very nice pics stoli! Thanks for the information!

Those Focals must sound amazing!

Are you running a clean sweep or signal summing device? Something to clean up the signal coming from the head unit?

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Very nice pics stoli! Thanks for the information!

Those Focals must sound amazing!

Are you running a clean sweep or signal summing device? Something to clean up the signal coming from the head unit?
This I would like to know as well. In fact, do you know how the new amp was wired in? When I did my car, I need a channel summer to send a useable signal to my aftermarket amp. Basically had to splice in-between the speaker wire that leads from the factory amp to the speakers. Wired from factory amp to signal summer, summer to aftermarket amp, aftermarket amp to wiring leading to speakers. It was a bit messy.

spicyypenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Focal 165ACS3 up front
Focal 165AC in the rear deck
JL Audio 10w3v2 sub in a custom ported box
Kenwood 900/5 5 Channel amp.
Noob question (I've never modified a car's sound system before) but that means you're only able to change 2 pair of speakers, the 6.5" speaker in the door and the 6.5' speakers in the rear deck - correct?
Sponsored