Exhaust Tips

2015-MUSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Has anyone changed just the exhaust tips? I'm not a fan of any of the after market exhaust sound. They just don't seem to fit the mustang image. I think I d prefer to just keep the stock exhaust and just replace those hideous tips. If you have done this, did you go bolt on or weld them on? How much did it cost you to have them welded? Got any pics of the result?
Sponsored

wireless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White Ecoboost Premium
I don't think the stock exhaust fits the Mustang sound either -- frankly, most of us are used to hearing the sound of burbly v8's coming from the rear of a Mustang.

I've looked, though -- getting the exhaust tips replaced wouldn't be bad, it would cost a bit -- however you'd have to get a really short tip.

A good set of tips will usually cost a minimum of $75-80, and a muffler shop would likely replace them for less than $50... at least in my area.

OP
OP
2015-MUSTANG

2015-MUSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
I think this is gonna become a priority. The more I look at the stock tips the more I hate them.

IzVenomous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 5oh
This is the only reason I ordered a catback.

mtpavelka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I've got tips ordered. Should be here tomorrow. 4" double walled angle cut tips.
I've also ordered mufflers. Be here Thursday. The main reason I care to change the mufflers is for the flow increase.
I'm trying to get it all installed before Saturday the 28th. The track opens then. However, I would almost bet money that it will stay closed due to weather. But I'm going to be prepared either way.

Sponsored

OP
OP
2015-MUSTANG

2015-MUSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
I've got tips ordered. Should be here tomorrow. 4" double walled angle cut tips.
I've also ordered mufflers. Be here Thursday. The main reason I care to change the mufflers is for the flow increase.
I'm trying to get it all installed before Saturday the 28th. The track opens then. However, I would almost bet money that it will stay closed due to weather. But I'm going to be prepared either way.
What length tips did you choose? Bolt on or weld? What inlet size did you get? Post some picks after. Thanks in advance.

mtpavelka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
What length tips did you choose? Bolt on or weld? What inlet size did you get? Post some picks after. Thanks in advance.
I'm sticking with stock inlet/outlet sizes.

Inlet: 2.25"
Outlet: 4"
Overall Length: 7.75"
Tip Style: Double Wall, Angle Cut, Beveled

I'll post pics tomorrow when they get here. Then again after install. I'll also post a video after I get the mufflers installed. I haven't seen anyone use the brand mufflers I chose. I was trying to be different. To help expand our library of exhaust videos.

In 2 to 4 weeks I'll place my order for OR DP. I'm almost certain it will be a MAP DP. I'll post another video after that gets installed.

OP
OP
2015-MUSTANG

2015-MUSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Yo know, one concern I had was how centered it will be. The stock tips are pretty small so once I get s 4" in there I hope it fills the hole nicely without having to adjust the pipe coming out of the muffler.

mtpavelka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I think I read that the Magnaflow tips were 4.5"
So I figured I'd be safe with 4". We will see. I don't have a problem sending them back.

TheZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 392 Challenger Scat Pack
Im still waiting for more exhaust systems to come out before i change anything. A good Turbo back or Axle back will give you much better air flow, nicer tips and around 40lbs of weight reduction give or take depending on what one you go with. The Magnaflow seems to sound pretty decent and tips look good but id love to hear them all in person.

Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Im still waiting for more exhaust systems to come out before i change anything. A good Turbo back or Axle back will give you much better air flow, nicer tips and around 40lbs of weight reduction give or take depending on what one you go with. The Magnaflow seems to sound pretty decent and tips look good but id love to hear them all in person.
Me too. Hopefully, there'll be some running around at Mustang Week and I can hear them in person before pulling the trigger lol.

Last edited:

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
Looking forward to seeing pix as well - this is one of the mods on my list.

mtpavelka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
They just arrived...
Mufflers should be here tomorrow. ** UPS Delivered ONE muffler today ** A day late and a muffler short.. :frusty:
Friday I'll be at the muffler shop.

**Update** Had the mufflers and tips installed yesterday. I'll take a video after work. However, I don't think my cell phone is going to pick up the subtle difference in sound. It is still really quiet. I'll pick up some volume from the exhaust with the OR DP and resonator delete/swap. I never wanted it to be loud so I'm happy so far... Exhaust definitely has some bass to it now. Rev'ing in park builds boost EASY now. Before I had to kinda spool the turbo to get a decent blow off sound. Now just rev it once and I get a long pssshhh from the boomba adapter. Obvious to me that it is flowing better. Added a pic of the tips on the car.

Last edited:

ThaHMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 White Ecoboost

stormtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I will meet you there!! Lol. Wanna actually hear these cars with some sort of exhaust. Hopefully the weather will play nice.
Sponsored