daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Question for guys that drive on the street with beadlocks... do you balance them?.. I feel like I get conflicting info, some guys say just to mount them and go, some take them to a shop to get balanced and I have seen some use a little bubble balancer at home and some sticky weights from amazon.

I have some in my cart and about to order, just want to have a plan of action, i.e., if I should pick up a bubble balancer and some weights... I plan to mount them myself... I won't be driving on them all the time but when I do, I will be going around 30 miles one way.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
daSNAK3

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I use a bubble balancer on mine and havenā€™t had any issues.

Another nice thing about beadlocks is I can mount them myself.
That is good to hear, you use them on the street at all?.. Yea that is def a plus if I can mount and balance these myself

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
I took my beadlocks to a local performance shop specifically to have them balanced. They did it on their machine just like any other wheel/tire setup.

I street drive mine often enough and have had zero issues. I just check the bolt torque on the beadlock ring every now and then and itā€™s fine.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
That is good to hear, you use them on the street at all?.. Yea that is def a plus if I can mount and balance these myself
Yes, Iā€™ve driven with them on the street quite a bit. Iā€˜m running Hoosier QTPs now and I balanced them with 20 psi of air in them. Before that I ran ET Street R radials and I balanced those with 26 psi of air in them. I have also driven on the highway with both tires, along with skinnies up front and havenā€™t had any issues.

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I took my beadlocks to a local performance shop specifically to have them balanced. They did it on their machine just like any other wheel/tire setup.

I street drive mine often enough and have had zero issues. I just check the bolt torque on the beadlock ring every now and then and itā€™s fine.
Exactly.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
FYI, my Hoosiers took 3 1/4 oz of weight, but theyā€™ve been super smooth. Highest MPH on them has been 116.41. The ET Streets were also super smooth up to 122.85 MPH.

Will you be running radials or bias ply?

My longest highway drive on The ET Streets with skinnies was 110 miles. The Hoosiers fill up the gap in the wheel well better than the ET Streets did. See comparison pics here.

IMG_5811.jpeg

IMG_5810.jpeg

IMG_3197.jpeg

Sponsored
OP
OP
daSNAK3

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
FYI, my Hoosiers took 3 1/4 oz of weight, but theyā€™ve been super smooth. Highest MPH on them has been 116.41. The ET Streets were also super smooth up to 122.85 MPH.

Will you be running radials or bias ply?

My longest highway drive on The ET Streets with skinnies was 110 miles. The Hoosiers fill up the gap in the wheel well better than the ET Streets did. See comparison pics here.

IMG_5811.jpeg

IMG_5810.jpeg

IMG_3197.jpeg
I was going to get some MT ET Street SS, I think Iā€™m pretty set on trying them firstā€¦ If they donā€™t work out well then I definitely will try something else.

Car looks badass btw!

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I mounted my ET Street Rs on my own, then took them down to my local tire shop and had them balanced by them. I drive them on the street all the time no issues.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I was going to get some MT ET Street SS, I think Iā€™m pretty set on trying them firstā€¦ If they donā€™t work out well then I definitely will try something else.

Car looks badass btw!
Give the ET Street SS a try, you may have good luck with them.

The only reason I went with the ET Street R radials was because I have the Hitmaster clutch slipper system and the manufacturer of the Hitmaster urged me to run radials. He said that they would allow my manual tranny car to be on par with an auto car. Unfortunately, I was never able to cut better than a 1.74 with them. I also believe that without the Hitmaster, the chances of me breaking something in the drivetrain would be increased on a radial tire. A bias ply is going to more forgiving and help prevent breakage.

Do you have upgraded axles? Do you intend to roll race or drag race with your setup? Whatever your plans are, best of luck to you and Iā€™ll be looking forward to hearing how it performs.

Thank you for the compliment on my car too šŸ‘.

OP
OP
daSNAK3

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Give the ET Street SS a try, you may have good luck with them.

The only reason I went with the ET Street R radials was because I have the Hitmaster clutch slipper system and the manufacturer of the Hitmaster urged me to run radials. He said that they would allow my manual tranny car to be on par with an auto car. Unfortunately, I was never able to cut better than a 1.74 with them. I also believe that without the Hitmaster, the chances of me breaking something in the drivetrain would be increased on a radial tire. A bias ply is going to more forgiving and help prevent breakage.

Do you have upgraded axles? Do you intend to roll race or drag race with your setup? Whatever your plans are, best of luck to you and Iā€™ll be looking forward to hearing how it performs.

Thank you for the compliment on my car too šŸ‘.
I have stock axles, I have no plans to go to the drag strip or trying to do digsā€¦ just roll stuff, but would be nicer to be able to not spin at the top of 2nd and 3rdā€¦ so giving these a shot. I just hope I donā€™t have rubbing issues with my current springs.. rather not have to put spacers or swap springs.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I have stock axles, I have no plans to go to the drag strip or trying to do digsā€¦ just roll stuff, but would be nicer to be able to not spin at the top of 2nd and 3rdā€¦ so giving these a shot. I just hope I donā€™t have rubbing issues with my current springs.. rather not have to put spacers or swap springs.
Iā€˜m about to wrap up a rear spring install on mine. I bought the BMR drag springs which advertise a 3/4ā€ drop. I really didnā€™t want that much of a drop, so I ordered 1/4ā€ spacers for the springs. I hear that 1/4ā€ spacers will actually raise the rear 1/2ā€, so if thatā€™s true, Iā€™ll only see a 1/4ā€ drop which would be perfect for me.
Sponsored