Sponsored

MAGNETIC S550 MUSTANG Thread

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
GORGEOUS machine you've got there! :thumbsup:

This may be EXACTLY the car I'm looking to purchase. Except for maybe with the 50 Year Appearance Package. Still considering options. Ones I've virtually built online range in price from $29K - $37K!

I'd be interested to hear your impressions of the car in the rain and slop, because I also live in the PNW.
It's a bit squirrelly not gonna lie. If you mind the throttle it's fine ,once you're cruising it's great. Just Take it easy on corners and starts.
Sponsored

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
GORGEOUS machine you've got there! :thumbsup:

This may be EXACTLY the car I'm looking to purchase. Except for maybe with the 50 Year Appearance Package. Still considering options. Ones I've virtually built online range in price from $29K - $37K!

I'd be interested to hear your impressions of the car in the rain and slop, because I also live in the PNW.
I changed to Hankook Ventus S1 Noble2 for my Winter setup, and I absolutely love it. It handles the slick roads with ease, even in Sport+ mode. Of course, I had the Pirelli P Zeros, and while they were somewhat manageable if you were careful (and definitely NOT in Sport+ mode), they're certainly not optimal for our conditions. I didn't feel the need to go with a true Winter tire though, since I'm not going to drive the car in snow, or even if there's a chance of snow. I'll drive my F350 instead and even then only if absolutely necessary.

Ruckus

No Fear Here
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rux
Vehicle(s)
People Crazy
Thanks for the feedback, guys. I'd consider swapping out the summer tires that come on those black PP wheels, maybe even get the 50 Year PKG wheels they withhold when you order both packages, and put Winter tires on them. I think those rims look awesome with Magnetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Thanks for the feedback, guys. I'd consider swapping out the summer tires that come on those black PP wheels, maybe even get the 50 Year PKG wheels they withhold when you order both packages, and put Winter tires on them. I think those rims look awesome with Magnetic.

After seeing the latest 2 accident threads that popped up (both with summer PP tires) I strongly suggest making a deal with your dealer to swap out those for all seasons at the minimum or get yourself some winter tires.

Ruckus

No Fear Here
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rux
Vehicle(s)
People Crazy
Excellent point! Certainly worth bringing it up at ordering time. Worst case, offer a clean swap with someone who prefers the PP wheels and tires.

Sponsored

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Personally, I'm using the PP wheels for Winter, and will get some lighter/higher performance wheels for Summer.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB

not sure what you mean by the wheels they withhold when you order both packages. its not like both sets are with the car when it get to the dealer. the performance pack wheels trump the 50 yr AP wheels so it ships with the PP wheels only.

Ruckus

No Fear Here
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rux
Vehicle(s)
People Crazy
You understood me perfectly! I would like to have the 50 Year Appearance PKG wheels instead. The PP wheels are okay, but I like the others better. It's a shame they don't give you a choice.

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not sure what you mean by the wheels they withhold when you order both packages. its not like both sets are with the car when it get to the dealer. the performance pack wheels trump the 50 yr AP wheels so it ships with the PP wheels only.
What he means is that the price of the package presumably includes the cost of the wheels that you never see because you got upgraded wheels in the PP as well. So, he paid the price of upgraded wheels in the PP as well as the 50th pkg, and only gets one upgraded set of wheels. The only justification for this would be that the price of the 50th pkg isn't affected by the inclusion of the 50th wheels, which seems a bit far fetched to me.

The way they broke up the packages is kinda strange and made it entirely too easy for people to end up having to buy things they didn't want as well as pay for the same things twice. They could have done a much better job with the packages if they were trying to be consumer friendly.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
What he means is that the price of the package presumably includes the cost of the wheels that you never see because you got upgraded wheels in the PP as well. So, he paid the price of upgraded wheels in the PP as well as the 50th pkg, and only gets one upgraded set of wheels. The only justification for this would be that the price of the 50th pkg isn't affected by the inclusion of the 50th wheels, which seems a bit far fetched to me.

The way they broke up the packages is kinda strange and made it entirely too easy for people to end up having to buy things they didn't want as well as pay for the same things twice. They could have done a much better job with the packages if they were trying to be consumer friendly.
Absolutely agree with what you stated. but this has been discussed already in other threads. it is what it is.

Sponsored

Steve44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP
Looks great...really changes the look of the car(for the better)...

Ruckus

No Fear Here
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rux
Vehicle(s)
People Crazy
Sweet looking ride, Velgen. Have the handling characteristics improved? Does the ride quality suffer at all? I like the look; it's a noticeable drop, but not as radical as some I've seen.

Velgen

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Sweet looking ride, Velgen. Have the handling characteristics improved? Does the ride quality suffer at all? I like the look; it's a noticeable drop, but not as radical as some I've seen.
I felt when the car was stock height , just felt the car isn't stable " Stiff " as you said , but i can tell you , the drop is perfect and the boat feeling went away. I couldn't be happier.
Sponsored