Sponsored

Redline Tuning Hood Strut vs Steeda S550 Mustang Hood Strut Kit ?

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
I have the Redline struts. Zero issues, been on the car close to 12 months now. They raise the hood slightly higher than the prop rod so you have a little more space to work. Brackets on the hood are a nice size and feel like they keep the hood well secured.

I had the Ford Performance struts on my 2016 car and those were pretty good too. The brackets were a bit smaller, especially the ones on the hood, so I felt it was a little flimsier than the Redlines.

Iā€˜ve not used the Steeda struts so I canā€™t compare the two, but Steeda makes good stuff overall. I donā€™t think you can go wrong with either IMO
Thanks for the 411 MAGS!!! Always appreciate you!
Anthony

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1, 86 SVO, 24 S5, 74 MGB GT
Redline for 2+ yrs, no issues. Only ones I've tried. Got them on sale at Carilse all Ford show.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Had terrible experience with FP ones, sent them back and went with Roush hood struts. I liked their fender mounting bracket solution the most. Very happy with the end result. Whatever you do, don't buy FP kit.

Sponsored

Stevo59

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium PP1 Convertible
+1 for Roush vs. FP hood struts. I started with FP but found the single point mounting brackets on both the fender and the hood to be unstable. Roush ā€” and maybe others ā€” mount with two fasteners on each bracket on both hood and fender. Much better. The gas struts themselves are pretty much the same.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
Had terrible experience with FP ones, sent them back and went with Roush hood struts. I liked their fender mounting bracket solution the most. Very happy with the end result. Whatever you do, don't buy FP kit.
+2 for Roush. The brackets both on the hood hinge as well as the fender are very nice. I like them a lot. And they really hold the hood up nicely.

ezracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 DIB Mustang GT Premium.
I had the Red Lines. Didn't care for them. Installed Ford Performance Hood Struts which seem to have a little more "oomph" (lifting power )

ezracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 DIB Mustang GT Premium.
4 years on redlines but don't open the hood much
I NEVER see ANYONE in my neighborhood open the hood of their cars. I check everything once a week. Yes I like cars and Yes I'm OCD!! :like:

Sponsored

Canadian Crimson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible PP1 Royal Crimson
On the FP ones the bottom mount turns after a few uses does not matter how tight you make it. Just te way it mounts with a single bolt To the fender otherwise they are fine..

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
On the FP ones the bottom mount turns after a few uses does not matter how tight you make it. Just te way it mounts with a single bolt To the fender otherwise they are fine..
Yes, and while doing so, damaging paint and bending metal around it. Overtighten it, and it's a complete mess. It's just a very bad design for same money as other much better options.

CrazyHippie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT/CS
Redlines here, too with no issues in 6 months or so. Installation was easy and they seem to work well.

dman918

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
No issues with my redlines. Doubt you could go wrong with steeda either but imo, redline is the way to go.

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)