Sponsored

ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT
Anyone running water/meth on an ESS kit? Nearest station with E85 is over an hour away from me so I'm looking to run a Snow kit just as a safety net, but I'm not sure which nozzle size to run.

My goal is ~700whp on 93 with a G3 kit, 120mm pulley, on a gen3 coyote. My tuner (Wengerd) recommended I ask on the forums because he doesn't have too many guys running meth and hasn't heard back from the person he asked.
I ran the Snow Performance 2.5 kit. Used a 12 nozzle. Just used it to keep IATS in check. Worked well. I relocated the IAT sensor to behind the throttle body by using a VMP IAT breakout harness that connects into the MAF sensor harness. Tuned by PBD. There are few guys on the Facebook pages running meth kits tuned for fuel with decent results as well.
Sponsored

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
When I was doing my first real pulls on the highway data logging, I was hitting traction control at 7k rpm in 3rd. Insane. And that's with the bottom kit and no other mods to the car.
You can trade in and trade up to the G3 any time!! And it won't cost but a little over $1200-1600 from what i hear. I don't remember the exact price but there's an option for you 😂
I'm already starting to get used to the power which is super scary lol but i gotta behave for a little bit. Let my wallet catch up 😂😂😂

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Anyone running water/meth on an ESS kit? Nearest station with E85 is over an hour away from me so I'm looking to run a Snow kit just as a safety net, but I'm not sure which nozzle size to run.

My goal is ~700whp on 93 with a G3 kit, 120mm pulley, on a gen3 coyote. My tuner (Wengerd) recommended I ask on the forums because he doesn't have too many guys running meth and hasn't heard back from the person he asked.
I'm running a snow meth but not on an ess kit. (TT) Not tuned for it but use it for extra octane and safety. Had it on for almost 2 years now. Only issue was a line blowing out early on and running it dry. It happened right after the Temps got cold so I think the piping contracted since it was installed while hot here. If I did it over again I'd go with steel braided from the get go. I'm running a dual nozzle (14g/hr) without relocating the iat sensor. If your not tuning for it the only thing moving the sensor does is let you see how much Temps are dropping. Moving the sensor allows you to tune for it and keep a safety net if the pump fails.

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
So leave traction control on for the pulls?
No, TC was making it fall on its face at the end and not getting the full pull.

You have to do the long hold on disable TC to really do it (normal TC disable won't help here). Or pull the dyno plug in the engine bay, just be careful with that one, as all the nannies go off if you do!

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
You can trade in and trade up to the G3 any time!! And it won't cost but a little over $1200-1600 from what i hear. I don't remember the exact price but there's an option for you 😂
I'm already starting to get used to the power which is super scary lol but i gotta behave for a little bit. Let my wallet catch up 😂😂😂
All street tires here. I should never need to go bigger, I can't hold all the power as is.

Sponsored

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I'm running a snow meth but not on an ess kit. (TT) Not tuned for it but use it for extra octane and safety. Had it on for almost 2 years now. Only issue was a line blowing out early on and running it dry. It happened right after the Temps got cold so I think the piping contracted since it was installed while hot here. If I did it over again I'd go with steel braided from the get go. I'm running a dual nozzle (14g/hr) without relocating the iat sensor. If your not tuning for it the only thing moving the sensor does is let you see how much Temps are dropping. Moving the sensor allows you to tune for it and keep a safety net if the pump fails.
Which snow kit did you run?

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Which snow kit did you run?
Just a stage 1 kit with dual nozzle. Meth engages at 6lbs of boost and sprays a constant amount. No progression. Works great for my set up. The only thing I would have changed if I did it again, I'd be going steel braided from the get. I did nylon and have replaced all the lines post check valve to prevent another leak.

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot_Ricky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt
Well I got duped by FedEx lol got a text yesterday saying it will be arriving early. So I took off work to be home. But its now almost 5pm. Still says arriving today but doesn't say out for delivery 🙄

blakeman8192

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT, 2021 Tesla M3P
Well I got duped by FedEx lol got a text yesterday saying it will be arriving early. So I took off work to be home. But its now almost 5pm. Still says arriving today but doesn't say out for delivery 🙄
I learned this one the hard way myself. If it doesn't say out for delivery by noon, it's not gonna come today. FedEx is the worst.

Reactions: GD~

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt
I learned this one the hard way myself. If it doesn't say out for delivery by noon, it's not gonna come today. FedEx is the worst.
Yeah, super annoying. Now I have to take off work tomorrow too 🙄

Sponsored

stungjoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
It didn't get loaded on the truck more than likely.
My regular Fed-Ex driver is pretty good for the most part but she always puts the package front and center on the porch where everybody that's driving by can see it.

I just had four wheels delivered but it wasn't the regular gal. The dude was awesome and backed all the way up to the detached shop and unloaded them for me. I went to get the dolly and he was already backed up and unloading them...haha

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt
It didn't get loaded on the truck more than likely.
My regular Fed-Ex driver is pretty good for the most part but she always puts the package front and center on the porch where everybody that's driving by can see it.

I just had four wheels delivered but it wasn't the regular gal. The dude was awesome and backed all the way up to the detached shop and unloaded them for me. I went to get the dolly and he was already backed up and unloading them...haha
I haven't had a single good FedEx drop in the last year lol They rolled the box with my wheels up my front yard. My tires were left in the middle of the driveway, nowhere near the door or garage. Almost nothing arrives when it's supposed to and I've caught the dude on my camera running up to my door with the "sorry we missed you" without ever ringing or knocking.

stungjoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I haven't had a single good FedEx drop in the last year lol They rolled the box with my wheels up my front yard. My tires were left in the middle of the driveway, nowhere near the door or garage. Almost nothing arrives when it's supposed to and I've caught the dude on my camera running up to my door with the "sorry we missed you" without ever ringing or knocking.
They're all contractors for the most part and don't work directly for Fed-Up.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt
They're all contractors for the most part and don't work directly for Fed-Up.
That's a bummer. Just frustrating to get a text and saying someone needs to be there to sign, and the not show up.

But I got the injectors, plugs, and catch can in. Also took the bumper off. So I'm ready to go lol

stungjoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
That's a bummer. Just frustrating to get a text and saying someone needs to be there to sign, and the not show up.

But I got the injectors, plugs, and catch can in. Also took the bumper off. So I'm ready to go lol
haha the Fed-Ex dude that delivered my new Samsung phone had already typed in some bogus name when he handed me the phone :) I have no doubt he would have just left it on the porch had I not been there.

Fed-Ex just sent me a text; my injectors just shipped from ESS. I'm waiting till after Thunder on the Mountain to install mine because I NEEEEED a vacation and I don't want to be sorting things out so far from home.

Sponsored

Last edited: