w3ab1ak91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Hey guys,

Going to be ordering my supercharger sometime soon for my 2021 GT PP and really debating between the VMP Odin or Whipple 3.0. Why should I get one vs the other?
Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
This should get interesting. The VMP looks like a nice package. It would be cool to do side by side comparisons on the packages, install, and initial start up and drive. Edelbrock in that to. The one thing Whipple does have over the others in this category is track record and longevity. I’m referring to non centri’s.

MKL_DS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Buddy’s Odin F150 went 10.5x on 22” street tires. They do work. Will go 9s next time out.
Easy 880 on e85.

PayForYourGas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
What are your goals?

If you want something this summer, go with the Odin. It’s a solid setup that’s very comparable to the Whipple until you start pushing 4 digit horsepower. It’s going to have a little more low end grunt on paper, but probably not noticeable.

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
VMP recently posted a video of a 2017 car with just their Odin kit and a cat-back on 93. Video here:

My 2017 car is a whipple stage 2 kit with just a cat-back running the whipple tune on 93. Interesting comparison of the two dyno charts. VMP only showed STD numbers and my dyno graph is showing SAE corrected. STD numbers on my car were 724/540.

As many have mentioned, the TVS has a bit of an advantage down low, but you’ll see how the Whipple carries the power better in the upper rpms. With this type of power, I’m not sure the average guy would be able to tell the difference between the two honestly.

05A4FD1A-AF00-4D2E-8308-472103C1F3A6.png

AFF723E7-EB4F-429C-9BD8-4938F7042123.png

Last edited:

Sponsored

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
One thing to be careful about when cross-comparing these PD blowers is the speed or actual flow rate (ACFM) of the blower. For whatever reason, Whipple tends to spin theirs slow as compared to the others, even if you factor in the larger size.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Most people only use 50% of the compressors ability anyway. These comparisons don’t really mean much unless they were turning them near max manifold pressures IMO. Whipple have the edge way up top, but a 2650 TVS (over 13psi) is just all around perfect.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
The 2650 rotor pack with a big TB and intercooler is hard to beat. Edelbrock and Odin got it right. But the larger Whipple will ultimately have more potential. I don’t know about the others but the Whipple iat2 is super low due to an efficient intercooler.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
The 2650 rotor pack with a big TB and intercooler is hard to beat. Edelbrock and Odin got it right. But the larger Whipple will ultimately have more potential. I don’t know about the others but the Whipple iat2 is super low due to an efficient intercooler.
2650 will be more reliable than Whipple when pushed hard based on what ive seen.

Sponsored

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
Compared to the dyno numbers out there with this new Odin it don't compare in terms of "down low grunt" over the 3.0 Whipple. The Gen 3R makes much more TQ down low then the Odin blower has been at same setups it seems. Gen 3R is a better unit in my opinion over the Odin. My opinion is the Whipple Gen 5 all day. It's super efficient, never gets hot in PD blower terms and it's proven time and time again đź‘Ť

OP
OP
w3ab1ak91

w3ab1ak91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Maybe it would help to give some more info on my plans with the car. For the most part its going to be all street use, might I have fun and take it down a strip or a track, sure. But not primarily. I'd like it to be as reliable as can be and steerable. I'm not looking to run e85 or have to put slicks on it. I get that ill probably be throwing some stickier tires on maybe r888r's, but nothing too crazy. I'll be upgrading the clutch, half shafts, drives haft, oil pump and crank gears as well. I like the whipple for the fact that its a twin screw and seems to be a crowd favorite. And I get everyone will have their opinions I just want to make sure I make the best decision for me and what I plan to do. I'm hoping to push 650 to 700 wheel, and I'll be satisfied with that.

I even considered hellion TT kit, but seems like a lot of extra coin to make the same power, plus I've owned plenty of turbo cars and never messed with superchargers so I figured ill do something different this time around.

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
Maybe it would help to give some more info on my plans with the car. For the most part its going to be all street use, might I have fun and take it down a strip or a track, sure. But not primarily. I'd like it to be as reliable as can be and steerable. I'm not looking to run e85 or have to put slicks on it. I get that ill probably be throwing some stickier tires on maybe r888r's, but nothing too crazy. I'll be upgrading the clutch, half shafts, drives haft, oil pump and crank gears as well. I like the whipple for the fact that its a twin screw and seems to be a crowd favorite. And I get everyone will have their opinions I just want to make sure I make the best decision for me and what I plan to do. I'm hoping to push 650 to 700 wheel, and I'll be satisfied with that.

I even considered hellion TT kit, but seems like a lot of extra coin to make the same power, plus I've owned plenty of turbo cars and never messed with superchargers so I figured ill do something different this time around.
Whipple will live forever, maintenance free at only 700whp and do it effortlessly đź‘Ť

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Whipple Stage 2 it on the '18 up all day long. That will get you to your power goals even using the tune they provide. That being said, either setup is really nice, the main difference is that the TVS will generally give you a little more torque down low vs. the twin screw of the Whipple, and the Whipple will carry the power in the upper RPM a bit better.

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Lots of good feedback here. For your goals honestly they will be within a few HP of each other. I would go with whichever one you think looks better and has nicer features.
Sponsored