Not open for further replies.

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
What a joke ! Winnipeg has, or had, the worst crime rate in Canada. Instead of solving crimes and unsolved murders they're giving out muffler too loud tickets. Sounds like they're trying to get you to fund the next policemans ball.
When they aren't arresting Pastors for holding church services... they are after our Stangs.
Sponsored

lucky_sharm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raman
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Shadow Black 301A
Winnipegger checking in - got me damn cautious driving my car around now. Hate to see it happen but hopefully they'll meet their quotas and this will pass...

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
‘22 5.0 GT/‘16 F150 XLT/‘21 Explorer Platinum
Winnipegger checking in - got me damn cautious driving my car around now. Hate to see it happen but hopefully they'll meet their quotas and this will pass...
This project will be a cash cow for the WPS. It ain’t going away any time soon.

Sponsored

General Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoffrey
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Maybe educate yourself how it’s done and report back
For example
Most police officers are trained in how to visually estimate the speed of cars. ... The estimation skill is honed by comparing the estimates with the radar reading. Variables such as the size, color, and distance from a vehicle affect the perceived speed of the vehicle when visually estimating speed.
Just because someone is trained to do something, doesn't mean they can reliably do it. All eyewitness testimony is hilariously unreliable, whether it's from a layperson or a law enforcement officer. That won't stop the judge from taking the cop's word over yours though.

Reactions: luc

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I can’t claim it...got it from a firearms forum I belong to. “Canukistan” referring to our near-communist levels of gun control ☹
Being born and raised in Windsor, I love living in the US. Even as a non citizen, as long as you're legally allowed to be here, you can buy all the guns you want!

Canada hates fun things, or at least the things I find the most fun, cars and guns. Lol

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Being born and raised in Windsor, I love living in the US. Even as a non citizen, as long as you're legally allowed to be here, you can buy all the guns you want!

Canada hates fun things, or at least the things I find the most fun, cars and guns. Lol
I was born and raised in Ottawa. Now living down in Texas. Even as a resident alien, I enjoy the benefits of "constitutional carry". I do miss the chip wagons though, but I guess we do have taco trucks....

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Ive given tickets from visually acknowledging speeding and given speeds upon estimates. They also went to court, and they have also kept the ticket. I dont need to have any type of radar/lidar to know someone is doubling a speed in a 25-30mph speed area, nor does a regular person who isn't trained.

It isn't rocket science, some judges will say improper, but you dont always have radar/lidar/equipment up and you may just be driving around and visually seeing a guy busting ass down streets.

Yeah, you will get visual estimation ticket and its not "always" thrown out.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
The only way that holds up in court is if the guy admits it and or you have corroborating witnesses. Then what is the actual violation?
Hire a lawyer.

I read the law in the OPs case and the officer asked him to do an illegal act.
Should get tossed before it ever hits a court room.

After it gets tossed file a complaint against him with his department.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
The only way that holds up in court is if the guy admits it and or you have corroborating witnesses. Then what is the actual violation?
Hire a lawyer.

I read the law in the OPs case and the officer asked him to do an illegal act.
Should get tossed before it ever hits a court room.

After it gets tossed file a complaint against him with his department.
Havnt had an issue, its been years but we had an issue with school zones and people blowing through ive caught them without set up and many got tickets that stuck. they could of said yes I was going faster than I should or whatever, I really dont remember much.

but visual estimates can hold up in court is all I was adding, and yes OP's case, entirely different. entirely

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
So you are a Cop who attends illegal street races?
I quit serving about 3-4 years ago doggo. I can do whateverrr I want, honestly I loved it. but I moved onto higher paying jobs with less bs to deal with.

but! I dont race, nor do I participate in the hooligan acts. spectating imo is perfectly acceptable.
51088be48b9362211eb031932ff12bc2.jpg

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
K.. You were a cop. So you think a cop asking me to illegally rev my engine will stick in court ? In case you missed it:

Unnecessary noise
169(3) No person shall start, drive, turn or stop a motor vehicle, or accelerate the motor of a motor vehicle while it is stationary, in such a manner as to cause any loud and unnecessary noise in, or from, the engine, exhaust system or braking system, or from contact of tires with the roadway.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.