Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R | 2023 Ram TRX
Yeah... and that 17 going for $75... 2k-Mile 2017 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350R for sale on BaT Auctions - sold for $75,350 on May 24, 2021 (Lot #48,439) | Bring a Trailer is pretty crazy, IMO. Good for us, I guess!
What do you guys think a 20 Iconic R w/1800 miles would go for on BAT? ;)
Final year + one year color and very rare spec. Would love to see one cross the block. Iconic R's imo will be one of the most sought after colors for collectors in the future along with a few others such as grabber blue.

I would guess mid 80's but I would not be surprised if one hammered for over 90.

Sponsored

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
This is a tough conversation between enthusiasts... Non-R owners want to believe they got some kind of better deal because the cars are "pretty much the same". R owners want to believe their money was well spent. It's all subjective and if you're happy, then good.

As an 2x R owner, I can say that even if the results were less measurable or if you couldn't "feel" the difference much in an R - I'd still pay the upcharge. If the only thing I gained was cool wheels and a wing and I just want to take it to cars and coffee, I dare anyone to tell me that I spent MY money wrong. That is all.

Can we get back to the values changing on these cars, please?
R owners sure get bent when they are reminded of differences they can't "feel". lol

My car gets driven daily. It doesn't sit in the garage because it's afraid of the cold or heat. My air conditioner and vented seats keep me much happier on a 104 degree day (today) than i would be touting that "some other guy went 4 seconds faster on a track). Oh yeah, my 11 year old doesn't have to sit in the trunk when he goes places with me. Those are measurable differences that i can feel. R's were purposely left off my radar for those simple reasons.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
R owners sure get bent when they are reminded of differences they can't "feel". lol

My car gets driven daily. It doesn't sit in the garage because it's afraid of the cold or heat. My air conditioner and vented seats keep me much happier on a 104 degree day (today) than i would be touting that "some other guy went 4 seconds faster on a track). Oh yeah, my 11 year old doesn't have to sit in the trunk when he goes places with me. Those are measurable differences that i can feel. R's were purposely left off my radar for those simple reasons.
Enthusiasts such as yourself make me chuckle as to just how little knowledge you really have about the GT350/R model. :facepalm:

You do realize that all 6 production years for the R model (~3,650 cars) all came equipped with Dual-Zone Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (aside from the few 135 Base R models that came with AC delete) and that the rear seat after market option for the R model was available for most of those model years?

Again, speaking of measureable differences I will ask you once again just how much seat time do you have in the 6 year run of the R model in order to justify your continued comparison?

:sunglasses:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Enthusiasts such as yourself make me chuckle as to just how little knowledge you really have about the GT350/R model. :facepalm:

You do realize that all 6 production years for the R model (~3,650 cars) all came equipped with Dual-Zone Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (aside from the few 135 Base R models that came with AC delete) and that the rear seat after market option for the R model was available for most of those model years?

Again, speaking of measureable differences I will ask you once again just how much seat time do you have in the 6 year run of the R model in order to justify your continued comparison?

:sunglasses:
Sounds like he bought the best car for his situation, so all good there. It just makes me laugh when someone takes those same opinions that helped them choose their car and wonders why anyone would do anything different. I put this in the same group of people who tell you that cars are to get you from point a to point b and if anyone spent more than they did on their base model camry, they are wrong. haha.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m in-between cars

I'm sorry but this just made me laugh. No one is questioning why you bought your car. Whether itā€™s a matter of financing, it didnā€™t suit your needs, or you just didnā€™t want itā€”those are your reasons. Why youā€™re telling it to us baffles me. I have an Rā€”itā€™s my dream car. I bought it and I love it. But itā€™s not my dailyā€”some choose to use it as one, I donā€™t. I have other cars that arenā€™t as expensive in both worth and gas costs, but those are my reasons. The fact isā€”the cars are different. Whether you like it or notā€”they are, so your comment about the R not being what it should have been is misguided because the R model is what made the second generation everything that it was. Without that R model shocking the world with its carbon fiber wheels and on track performance, the 350 would not have graced thousands of articles like it wasā€”thatā€™s a fact and that goes for the upgraded 2019-2020 base modelā€”the R model has always been the king. And those changes that separate the two are not just menialā€”I got the quote above for you, a discussion of the differences, and itā€™s 5 seconds not 4 for the 2015-2018 base models, the gap closed with the 2019-2020 with their aero and tire changes, but the R has always been the fastest 350 in the stable.

When I had a 99-04 GT, I didnā€™t hate on the guys who had a cobra or a cobra R. I wish I had one too, but their cars were what they wereā€”the hegemon, the best of the best. Your post comes off as a person who just wants to say they are the same with your own quantifications in what matters I.e. ā€œbent out of shape of the differences they canā€™t feelā€. News flash 99% of people cannot max out a Mustang GT PP1 and get its most performance on a race track. For most people, theyā€™re not trained racing drivers so the human element will almost always be the weakest linkā€”we buy these fast versions because we want toā€”because it fits our own needs and view of happiness.

The simple fact is that the facts are not on your side and I donā€™t see any R owner who is ā€œbent out of shapeā€ā€”we bought the exact car that we wanted and weā€™re very happy. Also how many people first started with a base 350 and then bought an R modelā€”lots. And they didnā€™t then say ā€œoh this sucks, Iā€™m selling it!ā€ No, they loved the experience and the more track capable car.

Your reasons for buying your car are yours and yours alone, you have a badass carā€”anyone who has been to Ford Performance track-attack can attest to it, the R is different and has features that prove their worth. Yes, those may not be what you were looking in for a car, but they exist.

Whether you feel those differences or not, Iā€™m happy to have them and Iā€™m happy to try to improve my driving skills to the point where I can max out every area of the car, using all of its abilityā€”and Iā€™m happy that it has that room for me to grow.

The fact that you want to daily drive it and have your kid in the back seat, with AC and vented seats are only youā€™re view of heavenā€”they donā€™t transfer to everyone else as value points. And like PP001 said, most R models have ACā€”it was a $3000 upgrade called the ā€œR-electronics packageā€ which became standard in mid 2018.

Sponsored

lunatect

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I'm sorry but this just made me laugh. No one is questioning why you bought your car. Whether itā€™s a matter of financing, it didnā€™t suit your needs, or you just didnā€™t want itā€”those are your reasons. Why youā€™re telling it to us baffles me. I have an Rā€”itā€™s my dream car. I bought it and I love it. But itā€™s not my dailyā€”some choose to use it as one, I donā€™t. I have other cars that arenā€™t as expensive in both worth and gas costs, but those are my reasons. The fact isā€”the cars are different. Whether you like it or notā€”they are, so your comment about the R not being what it should have been is misguided because the R model is what made the second generation everything that it was. Without that R model shocking the world with its carbon fiber wheels and on track performance, the 350 would not have graced thousands of articles like it wasā€”thatā€™s a fact and that goes for the upgraded 2019-2020 base modelā€”the R model has always been the king. And those changes that separate the two are not just menialā€”I got the quote above for you, a discussion of the differences, and itā€™s 5 seconds not 4 for the 2015-2018 base models, the gap closed with the 2019-2020 with their aero and tire changes, but the R has always been the fastest 350 in the stable.

When I had a 99-04 GT, I didnā€™t hate on the guys who had a cobra or a cobra R. I wish I had one too, but their cars were what they wereā€”the hegemon, the best of the best. Your post comes off as a person who just wants to say they are the same with your own quantifications in what matters I.e. ā€œbent out of shape of the differences they canā€™t feelā€. News flash 99% of people cannot max out a Mustang GT PP1 and get its most performance on a race track. For most people, theyā€™re not trained racing drivers so the human element will almost always be the weakest linkā€”we buy these fast versions because we want toā€”because it fits our own needs and view of happiness.

The simple fact is that the facts are not on your side and I donā€™t see any R owner who is ā€œbent out of shapeā€ā€”we bought the exact car that we wanted and weā€™re very happy. Also how many people first started with a base 350 and then bought an R modelā€”lots. And they didnā€™t then say ā€œoh this sucks, Iā€™m selling it!ā€ No, they loved the experience and the more track capable car.

Your reasons for buying your car are yours and yours alone, you have a badass carā€”anyone who has been to Ford Performance track-attack can attest to it, the R is different and has features that prove their worth. Yes, those may not be what you were looking in for a car, but they exist.

Whether you feel those differences or not, Iā€™m happy to have them and Iā€™m happy to try to improve my driving skills to the point where I can max out every area of the car, using all of its abilityā€”and Iā€™m happy that it has that room for me to grow.

The fact that you want to daily drive it and have your kid in the back seat, with AC and vented seats are only youā€™re view of heavenā€”they donā€™t transfer to everyone else as value points. And like PP001 said, most R models have ACā€”it was a $3000 upgrade called the ā€œR-electronics packageā€ which became standard in mid 2018.
I understand the value difference between a stock 350 and a stock 350R. However, being a retired club racer (M3), I have to laugh at those of you that really think a stock 350 can't compete on the track with a 350R. Very simple mods are needed.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m in-between cars
I understand the value difference between a stock 350 and a stock 350R. However, being a retired club racer (M3), I have to laugh at those of you that really think a stock 350 can't compete on the track with a 350R. Very simple mods are needed.
Read my post again because I never said that with the right driver they couldnā€™t beat an inexperienced driverā€”I donā€™t recall that ever being in my post. And with the right driver, a Miata could run down an unexperienced driver in a GT350R all day long. And as a ā€œretired club racerā€ you should be well versed on that fact.

Hereā€™s a great article that pretty much says that point: https://autologicmagazine.com/2019/12/14/awake-from-your-car-coma/
Funny about your post versus mine is that I was really trying to defuse things, but your post is the oppositeā€”throw wood on the fire. Good job šŸ‘šŸ¾.

And also where in this discussion that has gone on for two pages has anyone brought up modified car versus stock car? So have a good laughā€”I know itā€™s early, but you should really go back and read my post again, because you got it way wrong.

Last edited:

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
A modified stock 350? Interesting. You should probably read more of the posts before you comment. Your status as a club racer does not trump a Professional racer (Billy Johnson). And many here have the same experience. Let me assure you that a stock 350 with a good driver will beat a bad driver in a 350R all day long. I hope that satisfies you.

lunatect

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Sorry to offend all you legends in your own minds. Fact remains that 99% of you couldn't tell the diference on track between a stock 350R and a 350 with Cup 2s and an alignment.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Sorry to offend all you legends in your own minds. Fact remains that 99% of you couldn't tell the diference on track between a stock 350R and a 350 with Cup 2s and an alignment.
Now that is funny!! :facepalm:

Speaking of legends in their own minds you are certainly right at the front of the class. :crazy:
Sponsored

Last edited: