Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
The dealer is not moving at off sticker and I told
Them we are too far apart on making any deal at this point.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
If I already owned a PP2 I would install the FP power pack, the $1000 swing (or $300 knock off, or Steeda functional wing), M1 fender lips (or use GM Corvette equiv) and if the Tremec felt so much better that's $5000 in parts+labor. Knock off graphics are already out there. Then assemble a Diff cooler from the parts list for $500.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Based on the results from Car and Drivers test of the M6 Mach 1 with HP, it’s not an upgrade performance wise over a PP2, yet the test car stickered for $63k. At least the M1 has coolers, right!?

0-60 in 4.3
1/4 mile 12.6 @115 mph. Same as the Bullitt, PP1 M6, and PP2 M6. Although the PP2 trapped 114 mph.
And less grip. They blamed some of it potentially on not fresh tires. Not sure how worn.

Tough sell, except for those that gotta have it. PP2 performance for ZL1 pricing.

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Based on the results from Car and Drivers test of the M6 Mach 1 with HP
it's a pity C&D didn't open their article describing the M1 as the relaunch of the GT350 just with Coyote and weaker brakes. If nothing else than to hear the Shelby guys howl to the heavens.

GT350 - rear brakes - Voodoo + Coyote should be an easy $10,000 price gap. But not by Ford Math.

Again what is up with C&D that they can't find the budget to buy new tires and put a car up on a rack to dial in the max camber? Or Ford Marketing that they are run by such retards that they don't deliver the car for max track setup for a track test with brand spanking new tires? We aren't testing friggin' Camrys here.

Last edited:

Sponsored

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
it's a pity C&D didn't open their article describing the M1 as the relaunch of the GT350 just with Coyote and weaker brakes. If nothing else than to hear the Shelby guys howl to the heavens.

GT350 - rear brakes - Voodoo + Coyote should be an easy $10,000 price gap. But not by Ford Math.

Again what is up with C&D that they can't find the budget to buy new tires and put a car up on a rack to dial in the max camber? Or Ford Marketing that they are run by such retards that they don't deliver the car for max track setup for a track test with brand spanking new tires? We aren't testing friggin' Camrys here.
There is a lot of juice to this post, I think you are right on both counts. C&D being cheap, and Ford marketing not paying attention to the details.

When you start talking about adjustable camber, and that settings will change the contact patch and will affect results, people kinda just blow it off, same with the coolers on the M1. Yes the PP2 and M1 are apparently, on the limited testing we have seen, essentially the same QTR mile times. Now lets see where the PP2 is after 3 laps at a proper road course.... I can tell you in the paddock for a cool down, just as the magazines experienced! If you don't plan on tracking fine good for you, its probably not worth the cost over a PP2 then. If you track, yep this is a big deal. Again with cars its selecting the tool for the job, the M1 will be objectively better on road courses from cooling alone. This isn't relevant for most Mustang owners, but for those whom it matters it's damn important.

This its not better than PP2 stuff is incorrect from my POV, it ignores the intent of the M1 which is track use. Is it worth the money for most drivers? nope probably not, but that is not the same as it being no better than a PP2. PP2 was woefully lacking in track readiness I hate saying that, it shouldn't be the case but it is.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10

I think it's on Ford to deliver a car that is top notch and ready to rock. C&D tests what they're given. The one exception is if it's a private owner that provides the car for testing, then C&D should fork over and install new tires and check alignment, camber, etc.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Based on the results from Car and Drivers test of the M6 Mach 1 with HP, it’s not an upgrade performance wise over a PP2, yet the test car stickered for $63k. At least the M1 has coolers, right!?
And what did you expect? No-one said it's a performance upgrade, it has the same engine, same power as Bullitt, the 20 hp peak power over GT PP2 won't make much difference in 1/4 mile. Coolers won't help you here, those are for track. Badges and heritage won't help you either. Tremec with no lift shift might help but it depends on the driver, what he's capable to do.

Mach 1 with HP isn't upgrade to PP2, it's its replacement, it's what PP2 should've been in the first place with proper cooling for numerous laps on the track. Base Mach 1 Premium is 3k over GT PP1 Premium, prices clearly went up this year. Upgrade over any GT is GT500, so look there. Or stick to your great car and let us newcomers enjoy this newly available car :clap:

Last edited:

Glenn 70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
1970 mach 1 mustang
Ok here is the thread to post in.

I for one am tired of going to a thread that interest me and having to read through the endless post of why you think the Mach1 should have special steering wheel, it's a parts bin car, over priced GT, not enough colors, should have had a different motor. Badges and stickers etc.
These post are past old, and have been discussed over and over and over.

Here is where you can spend your time. Post away here please, not in threads about other subjects.
Discuss discuss discuss why you think the Mach1 is bad!
We Aussie buyers are getting ripped off . Mach 1 is missing the Torsen diff , and plenty of other things . Our premium Automatic GT is around 74k drive away from a dealer ,the mach 1 is around 97k drive away for a auto . Over $30,000 different without all the mach 1 parts 😡 somethings wrong

Last edited:

Sponsored

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
Well, I think you know what he means.

Scott can you post up a couple of pics of your car. It certainly doesn't look like a run of the mill PP2.
My avatar was my 17 Roush rs3 that I had.

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
Duh!! Old age, shitty eyesight. ☹👍
If I already owned a PP2 I would install the FP power pack, the $1000 swing (or $300 knock off, or Steeda functional wing), M1 fender lips (or use GM Corvette equiv) and if the Tremec felt so much better that's $5000 in parts+labor. Knock off graphics are already out there. Then assemble a Diff cooler from the parts list for $500.
I should change it

tofo17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1 #M3560, FJG, 10R80
We Aussie buyers are getting ripped off . Mach 1 is missing the Torsen diff , and plenty of other things . Our premium Automatic GT is around 74k drive away from a dealer ,the mach 1 is around 97k drive away for a auto . Over $30,000 different without all the mach 1 parts 😡 somethings wrong
My FJG auto was 92k drive away, so < $20,000 difference to the GT.

Phil_AVF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2198 Grabber Yellow
It's not missing any parts. They were never part of the export car for Australia, to begin with. Someone at Ford Australia messed up the spec of the brochure and photoshopped the images to show cars that never existed or were going to exist. Export cars have never had a Torsen diff.

Yes, it's annoying, but the Mach 1 still gets loads of features over a standard export GT, that will be worth it to those who want to take advantage of the coolers, subframes with better bushings, GT350 parts, GT500 rear end and diff cooler and the manual Tremec as well as the newly designed front end, new standard features in OZ like the B&O package, trim and Magneride (which people forget to include in their price comparisons with the GT). If those are not important to you, then the Mach 1 is not for you and you should buy a GT.
Sponsored