Sponsored

Borla resonator

Pagey

PonyGP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT w/Black roof
I have the Ford Performance Sport quad cat back exhaust but don’t particularly like the xpipe rasp sound. I was thinking of swapping it out for the Borla resonator. Does anyone know how the the Borla resonator compares to the factory resonator? I have heard that is is essentially a hpipe inside with some packing.
Sponsored

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
think cjpp has a bolt right up one .. i dont know if its borla.. think its a magaflow but its a res x pipe..

its lighter then the factory one some here on the forums have them and are very pleased

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Ford Performance Sport quad cat back exhaust but don’t particularly like the xpipe rasp sound. I was thinking of swapping it out for the Borla resonator. Does anyone know how the the Borla resonator compares to the factory resonator? I have heard that is is essentially a hpipe inside with some packing.
True. It's also a little bit louder.

The factory resonator isn't an H or an X. Has a poor crossover design that tends to make the engine sound choked off.

OP
OP
Pagey

Pagey

PonyGP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
True. It's also a little bit louder.

The factory resonator isn't an H or an X. Has a poor crossover design that tends to make the engine sound choked off.
Excellent that sounds exactly what I’m after :cheers:

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Excellent that sounds exactly what I’m after :cheers:
Let me know how you like it, I love my axleback, but I want a little more volume with out a drastic change in tone (and would also like to avoid drone).

Sponsored

Canuckican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium - Race Red
Let me know how you like it, I love my axleback, but I want a little more volume with out a drastic change in tone (and would also like to avoid drone).
I'm looking forward to hearing about it too.

I have an S-type Borla cat-back exhaust that the rest of my family thinks is a bit too loud when I leave for work at 5:30 AM. I'm considering putting in either a Borla or Magnaflow resonator to see if it tones it down a bit but not too much.

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
I have the Borla Touring cat-back...it includes the resonated h-pipe, and IMHO, the sound is just right.
I highly recommend the Borla resonator.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
It works well. I used it when I had the Corsa Xtreme mufflers (Sport axleback).
did you have a chance to compare it to the axleback with the resonator in place, then with an x or h pipe?

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
did you have a chance to compare it to the axleback with the resonator in place, then with an x or h pipe?
Yep, all three. Stock resonator, resonated X-pipe and double X-pipe. The resonated X-pipe sounds noticeably better than the stock resonator but still misses the aggression that an unresonated midpipe has. Those who like a more smooth exhaust note will like it. The resonated X-pipe significantly improves the tone in the upper rpms. It doesn't sound choked off.

OP
OP
Pagey

Pagey

PonyGP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So finally installed the Borla resonator onto my Ford Performance Sport quad system. I think I’ve now hit the sweet spot. Love the rumble without any drone or rasp

cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black 5.0 Vert
So finally installed the Borla resonator onto my Ford Performance Sport quad system. I think I’ve now hit the sweet spot. Love the rumble without any drone or rasp
Do you have a link to the resonator? Does it bolt right up? I have the same sport quad system but am gonna put longtubes so I’m considering this resonator or an h pipe.

VTR16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 400A PP MT82
I’m currently running the Magnaflow resonator from CJ Pony you’re talking about. I have catless longtubes and a Roush axle back. It’s a more mellow tone compared to just an X pipe and cuts the volume down quite a bit but not so much that it’s quiet. I wasn’t sure how loud things would get so I wanted to start w the magnaflow resonator and go from there, depending on the volume. I’ve had it on for 1200 miles or so and it seems like it’s gotten a little louder but sounds great. About to go with a full 3 inch system so both the resonator and axle back will be for sale here in the next week or so.

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
Let me know on the resonator.
Sponsored