Sponsored

GT350R splitter group buy - $950 plus ship - Roll call

blkguyblk5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
If you're an R owner I highly recommend keeping a spare splitter. Your splitter WILL rub continuously and eventually rip off from air downforce.

There was a guy on the Shelby GT350 owners FB page selling OEM R splitters for $800 plus shipping.
Yes he was selling them. Says he may be getting more for the same price. Waiting on him to make the post in the Facebook group to hop on it.
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
The price of the R splitter normalized after some initial ridiculousness. With '18 looking like it may be the last year of the GT350/R (or at the very least the current GT350 body, etc) I'm not certain you'll see another drop. Ford won't be asking their Canadian supplier for as many production pieces if the current community "sense" is correct that numbers for '18 may be rather low. At current you are seeing better pricing due to the demand for '17 production which one could say is higher than average (for an R). Ford orders for service stock as well but I doubt there will be a request anywhere near the numbers for production. In essence, when production of the R stops (or shrinks for that matter), it is likely that the price will go up. The supplier responsible for their manufacture will undoubtedly charge more per unit when the total units ordered shrinks.

Beyond that, this buy is with an outlet that has served the Ford community well. Their pricing is always competitive and the service - excellent. They have participated in group buys in the past (50Deep's spring effort) on this site, spending quite a bit of time for a fairly small margin. I'm happy to support Autonation of WBL just as they have always been there for me.

I'm thankful for Tom's efforts on this matter and I look forward to paying for and receiving this part in connection with this group buy.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I see this as a community that I enjoy hanging around at, not just some "public forum" to troll around and dump on like I have seen a few people do lately. I'm going to go back to having a nice day. I'm not going to hold my breath in hopes of $800 splitters to show up.

Thanks to everyone else.

blkguyblk5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The price of the R splitter normalized after some initial ridiculousness. With '18 looking like it may be the last year of the GT350/R (or at the very least the current GT350 body, etc) I'm not certain you'll see another drop. Ford won't be asking their Canadian supplier for as many production pieces if the current community "sense" is correct that numbers for '18 may be rather low. At current you are seeing better pricing due to the demand for '17 production which one could say is higher than average (for an R). Ford orders for service stock as well but I doubt there will be a request anywhere near the numbers for production. In essence, when production of the R stops (or shrinks for that matter), it is likely that the price will go up. The supplier responsible for their manufacture will undoubtedly charge more per unit when the total units ordered shrinks.

Beyond that, this buy is with an outlet that has served the Ford community well. Their pricing is always competitive and the service - excellent. They have participated in group buys in the past (50Deep's spring effort) on this site, spending quite a bit of time for a fairly small margin. I'm happy to support Autonation of WBL just as they have always been there for me.

I'm thankful for Tom's efforts on this matter and I look forward to paying for and receiving this part in connection with this group buy.
You are right the price could go in either direction but I just lean towards it trending downwards. Before I got my GT350 I came from the new edge world and had a 2003 Mach 1. People were saying the same thing about the Mach 1 chin spoiler, and they had ridiculous markups almost on par with the R splitter and now those can be had for the cheap when I picked up an extra one.

WBL has def been a savior for the S550 world as I have bought many parts from them.

I made a simple comment. It isn't worth it for ME, that doesn't mean that it isn't worth it for someone else as others have already asked to be in this group buy...

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
You are right the price could go in either direction but I just lean towards it trending downwards. Before I got my GT350 I came from the new edge world and had a 2003 Mach 1. People were saying the same thing about the Mach 1 chin spoiler, and they had ridiculous markups almost on par with the R splitter and now those can be had for the cheap when I picked up an extra one.

WBL has def been a savior for the S550 world as I have bought many parts from them.

I made a simple comment. It isn't worth it for ME, that doesn't mean that it isn't worth it for someone else as others have already asked to be in this group buy...
With all due respect do you even own an R model?

As far as your comments about a chin spoiler for a Mach 1 which really was a badge and sticker car and no more do you really think that the chin spoiler on a Mach 1 and an R model are on the same level?

Not even close!

Were the production numbers for the 2 year run of the Mach 1 somewhere close to ~17,000 units and now you are suggesting that the front chin spoilers for the R model which will come in around ~1850 production units for the 4 year run will come down in price accordingly?

Try and secure an OEM front splitter for a 2012/2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca at a heavily discounted price of which there were 1552 cars produced over those 2 years and it will not happen.

The LS cars have been out for 6 1/2 years how and I can tell you first hand that Ford is not discounting these front splitters and they do not plan to discount the front chin spoilers on the R models. Why would they with only ~1850 cars produced.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Before I got my GT350 I came from the new edge world and had a 2003 Mach 1. People were saying the same thing about the Mach 1 chin spoiler, and they had ridiculous markups almost on par with the R splitter and now those can be had for the cheap when I picked up an extra one.
I see the OEM part (which I assume Ford no longer sells new) going for ~$200 on eBay and replica Mach 1 chin spoiler's going for a fraction of that. The piece itself is pretty simple. Here's a shot of somebody adding one to a Bullitt (hence the drill). On a Mach 1 it would be a simple push-pin install in pre-existing fascia holes.

The chin spoiler for this car is about as simple as it gets in terms of construction.

The GT350 spoiler, whether in R or non-R guise, is far more complex in terms of construction. A much bigger hardware list as well.

jefc73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff GTFO_0019
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
thanks for your efforts Tom. :thumbsup: [MENTION=21800]Tomster[/MENTION]

blkguyblk5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I see the OEM part (which I assume Ford no longer sells new) going for ~$200 on eBay and replica Mach 1 chin spoiler's going for a fraction of that. The piece itself is pretty simple. Here's a shot of somebody adding one to a Bullitt (hence the drill). On a Mach 1 it would be a simple push-pin install in pre-existing fascia holes.

The chin spoiler for this car is about as simple as it gets in terms of construction.

The GT350 spoiler, whether in R or non-R guise, is far more complex in terms of construction. A much bigger hardware list as well.

That was the whole point of my post. It is a simple cheap part that had ridiculous markups when the car first released that eventually came down........

blkguyblk5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With all due respect do you even own an R model?

As far as your comments about a chin spoiler for a Mach 1 which really was a badge and sticker car and no more do you really think that the chin spoiler on a Mach 1 and an R model are on the same level?

Not even close!

Were the production numbers for the 2 year run of the Mach 1 somewhere close to ~17,000 units and now you are suggesting that the front chin spoilers for the R model which will come in around ~1850 production units for the 4 year run will come down in price accordingly?

Try and secure an OEM front splitter for a 2012/2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca at a heavily discounted price of which there were 1552 cars produced over those 2 years and it will not happen.

The LS cars have been out for 6 1/2 years how and I can tell you first hand that Ford is not discounting these front splitters and they do not plan to discount the front chin spoilers on the R models. Why would they with only ~1850 cars produced.

Keep dreaming as you have no idea!

:headbonk:
The car I own is in my signature. Take a look there. A little reading would of answered your first question.

From my earlier post. If they don't discount them then no skin off my back. I'll survive.

:crazy:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
The car I own is in my signature. Take a look there. A little reading would of answered your first question.

From my earlier post. If they don't discount them then no skin off my back. I'll survive.

:crazy:
I previously looked at your signature and I was a little confused based on someone who I thought did not own an R model which you just confirmed.

It is interesting to me that someone who does not own an R model comes on this forum and makes comments as to how bad a deal that the OP went out of his way to negotiate and then comes up with no alternative.

On your post #47 you made it clear to everyone that prices on these chin spoilers always come down and now are you changing your tune?

I guess what rubs me the wrong way is for someone like yourself who does not even own an R model to come on here and tell all of us how bad a deal that the OP has put together based on the spirit of him trying to help many fellow R model owners out and at the same time you offer no positive or constructive help in order to provide a better solution.

Sincerely hope everything works out well for you and your family in Houston during this time!

:cheers:

Sponsored

blkguyblk5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I previously looked at your signature and I was a little confused based on someone who I thought did not own an R model which you just confirmed.

It is interesting to me that someone who does not own an R model comes on this forum and makes comments as to how bad a deal that the OP went out of his way to negotiate and then comes up with no alternative.

On your post #47 you made it clear to everyone that prices on these chin spoilers always come down and now are you changing your tune?

I guess what rubs me the wrong way is for someone like yourself who does not even own an R model to come on here and tell all of us how bad a deal that the OP has put together based on the spirit of him trying to help many fellow R model owners out and at the same time you offer no positive or constructive help in order to provide a better solution.

Sincerely hope everything works out well for you and your family in Houston during this time!

:cheers:
I'm thoroughly confused. Is this group buy only for R owners? The original post does not state this.

Yes, I believe the price will drop further, BUT, that's the key word, BUT if it does not then ehhhh, whatever.

The deal may not be a bad one for some people as some have signed up. I simply stated that it was a bad deal FOR ME. I can't speak for anyone else but myself.

Def appreciate your concern, but we are good over here. No water has entered our house as of yet but we will be hunkered in for the next few days.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
[MENTION=31722]rtmc67shelby[/MENTION]

[MENTION=25462]benjaminlox[/MENTION]

Please check your PMs. We would all like to proceed with the group buy.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
To all interested parties:

Two MIA. One of them has been here online at this forum and has not replied to my PM. Waiting to hear from them before proceeding. Thanks for your patience.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
All interested parties:

Still nothing. I'll give it a couple of days before I figure on deadbeats. At that time, I'll reach out and see about getting a reduction from 7 to 5. Sheesh.
Sponsored