Not open for further replies.

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
Any ideas on where I can purchase a good quality 22 AWG wires? And does the wire need to be solid or stranded?

Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Anybody know what the pinout is for the MFT guys if they want to splice the existing harness?
Check the OP, you need a Molex connector, with Tyco pins and a JST connector with JST pins.

Guys, I REALLY need to ask for some patience. This is the heart of race season AND I'm working 50-55 hour weeks AND I have CE's I have to work on. I understand the frustrations and that people want to get done however I started this thread for one reason, to stop people from over paying for things they didn't need to pay for, to put the information out there for free and use and to help. I receive 5-6 emails daily with questions and I reply to every single one of them. I text people through out the day, I answer phone calls, I return voice mails. I am actively working on the concerns.
For those who didn't notice I gave a new part number for the terminals, it does NOT have a minimum order(THANKS KRISHNA!) If you want to build your own I can highlight what you need. I'm working on a kit that doesn't require and crimping or soldering. It is not a plug and play connector (Thats another story) it's a kit that will require you to swap pins but you won't have worry if your crimp tool is any good or if your soldeing skills are up to par. It will be easy to ID and I will throw together a video as i build the first kit. The terminals have been ordered for that project, I've ordered a second batch of MFT Molex connectors. I am spending a good chunk and using work contacts to get around the supply problems. My harnesses are hand made, I don't farm anything out and when I have a good batch done I will post here.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I'm working on a kit that doesn't require and crimping or soldering. It is not a plug and play connector (Thats another story) it's a kit that will require you to swap pins but you won't have worry if your crimp tool is any good or if your soldeing skills are up to par.
I really feel like this is what is missing from the DIY experience, along with some good pics/video of the process to swap pins on the connectors. Thanks dude!

fsvec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Francisco
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Ecoboost
Successfully completed the MFT -> Sync 3 swap! It was pretty straight forward. I did the usb update and it took a while to load, but now CarPlay works great!

Selling the MFT APIM/screen, message me if interested
59.jpg

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem/auto - triple yellow convert
Successfully completed the MFT -> Sync 3 swap! It was pretty straight forward. I did the usb update and it took a while to load, but now CarPlay works great!

Selling the MFT APIM/screen, message me if interested
Nice. You're gonna love the upgrade!

Sponsored

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Is there someone that has a premium w/nav that did the MFT to Sync 3 that would be so kind to give me the parts list with as little splicing and pin moving as possible. I want the nav and HD radio apple/android car play (I want all the bells and whistles) I am getting confused with all the different selections and parts for different models. Sorry but someone has to be the dumb one of the thread. I just dont want to end up getting a bunch of stuff I dont need. I'll even throw ya 10 bucks to your paypal for the info.
I have a 2015 GTpp premium w/nav, 50th AP and heated / somewhat cooling seats.

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I am getting confused with all the different selections and parts for different models. Sorry but someone has to be the dumb one of the thread. I just dont want to end up getting a bunch of stuff I dont need. I'll even throw ya 10 bucks to your paypal for the info.
I'll give it to you for free, but please tell me what is so hard about the instructions? They're listed clearly.
Part You need: Followed by the name of the part
The application: Base to Sync 3 or MFT to Sync 3
Installation notes: What it is and why you need it along with pictures

For MFT to Sync 3 you need:
APIM/Touchscreen w/ NAV
ACM IF<<< You want to add HD Radio and DON'T currently have it
GPS antenna
HU5Z hub
Hub power adapter (I sell these)
NO WIRING CHANGES

fsvec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Francisco
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Ecoboost
Is there someone that has a premium w/nav that did the MFT to Sync 3 that would be so kind to give me the parts list with as little splicing and pin moving as possible. I want the nav and HD radio apple/android car play (I want all the bells and whistles) I am getting confused with all the different selections and parts for different models. Sorry but someone has to be the dumb one of the thread. I just dont want to end up getting a bunch of stuff I dont need. I'll even throw ya 10 bucks to your paypal for the info.
I have a 2015 GTpp premium w/nav, 50th AP and heated / somewhat cooling seats.
Make sure the Sync 3 module you get has Nav. Since you already have a premium you just need to switch the screen/apim and add a few extra cables.

Here's all the parts I used and where to get them
For the APIM, search car-part.com.
The part where I got stuck was the hub adapter (where you need to splice). 4Dtech has the adapter for $50 and i think its worth it for a full plug n play swap. About an hour for full swap
parts.PNG

djcwardog

V8 Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base with PP
I'll give it to you for free, but please tell me what is so hard about the instructions? They're listed clearly.

APIM/Touchscreen w/ NAV
GPS antenna
HU5Z hub
NO WIRING CHANGES
Yes indeed, the process is made quite clear in words and pictures. I read this thread weeks ago - even before buying my car - just to better understand the changes from 2015-present so far as MFT or Sync3.

To reduce choices down to what I faced in having a 2017 with 400A and touchscreen nav, the car already had Sirius sat radio and I wanted to ADD the HD radio feature as found on the 401A cars. So for me it was:

For Sync 3 w/ sat Radio and nav to Sync 3 w/sat and nav plus HD Radio you need:

ACM such as from a 401A car - look on rear for both a black FM jack and a curry Sat Radio jack, a Sirius label, and the added language on label regarding HD Radio
IF<<< You want to add HD Radio and DON'T currently have it
NO WIRING CHANGES; however, APIM coded to provide HD Radio enabled (or not) under radio settings.

So, my case was quite a bit simpler than others, but the taught process works to outline it as well.

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
The part where I got stuck was the hub adapter (where you need to splice). 4Dtech has the adapter for $50 and i think its worth it for a full plug n play swap. About an hour for full swap
Yes you can spend that or get one of mine. I have placed an order for more Molex connectors and Tyco terminals. I have three finished as of now.

Sponsored

Ashiq73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 6 Speed Magnetic Metallic
Hello,

Just have one question for now.

I read most of the thread and will need to re-read multiple times but one thing I didn't see or have I have simply missed it, my apologies if I did.

For a swap from base 4.2 to full sync 3 with all the goodies, is there any programming involved?

Hopefully I am going to start gathering parts soon.

Thanks

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Part You need: Followed by the name of the part
The application: Base to Sync 3 or MFT to Sync 3
Installation notes: What it is and why you need it along with pictures

APIM/Touchscreen w/ NAV
GPS antenna
HU5Z hub
NO WIRING CHANGES
Because some of us are just stupid and sometimes get overwhelmed and confused. I apologize for asking for assistance. Glad you never have to ask anybody questions and never misunderstand or get confused about anything. Must be a wonderful life for you.

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Because some of us are just stupid and sometimes get overwhelmed and confused. I apologize for asking for assistance. Glad you never have to ask anybody questions and never misunderstand or get confused about anything. Must be a wonderful life for you.
I was asking a serious question....

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
For a swap from base 4.2 to full sync 3 with all the goodies, is there any programming involved?
Yes, however, each car is slightly different. Once you have your APIM (and ACM if you're adding SAT or SAT/HD PM or check back with the VIN numbers from the parts you purchased

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I was asking a serious question....
I was asking a serious question as well. I have read the first post and there is just so much info and different models and different ways I am just overwhelmed with the vast info provided. Not to say that's a bad thing as lots of info is always good. It however just had the reverse effect on me. Which was why I asked if someone with the same set up as me 2015 premium heated cooled seats and MFT w/nav had done the swap and could tell me which parts I needed with full listed part numbers to get Sync3 w/nav and HD and apple car play. Mine is my DD so I cant tear everything apart and leave it to sit for a week or 2 until I could get the right parts. This site has a ton of really smart folks that seem to be able to figure anything out, which is why I asked. If it would have said If you have a premium with MFT and nav and HD and and H/C seats and want to switch you need x....x....x....x... and the part numbers are here on this single list here, I would have been fine, and they probably are and I'm just so overwhelmed I can't "get it". And to be honest I'm still a little confused, and sorry if that frustrates you, just think about how I feel with wanting to do this and I just cant figure it out. My frustration with myself is really getting the best of me.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.