Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Are you okay?

Someone breaks into my place and they better hope their life insurance is paid up and the health insurance covers lead poisoning. Not that they will need the latter...
San Diego California; Where the citizens are conditioned to only LEOs and criminals having guns, and defending yourself could land you in jail.

Most people living in such places have no clue about most of the rest of this country, where your home is your castle.
Sponsored

My_Coyote

Howl'n in the Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
OMG.... all these poor victims of the mean Nazi Police out picking on them....

man the fuck up. if you want to drive a sports car and speed, stop fucking whining when the cops ticket you. don't piss on moan when you cut yourself if you play with knives....

don't like the cops, called a crack whore next time someone is breaking into your house

1st world problems...

Not that serious, but a warning every now and then would suffice. Who travels 65mph anyways? We need an Autobahn

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
Wait a second!!! You're in the Mustang with that radar!!!! Is that your patrol car?
No, I'm just a gadget freak. Avionics background so I'm fascinated by anything with buttons and an antenna.

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
But, where did you get the radar?
A LEO buddies old Stalker. He got the new Stalker DSR2x and retired this Dual so he let me borrow it. I want to get some seat time with the new DSR2x but that's not going to happen.

Sponsored

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
A LEO buddies old Stalker. He got the new Stalker DSR2x and retired this Dual so he let me borrow it. I want to get some seat time with the new DSR2x but that's not going to happen.
I would love to play with that! especially on 95 and 40!

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
I would love to play with that! especially on 95 and 40!
It's very educational for people usually on the other side of this gun.

Instant On is like .. literally... instant on. See the target, push XMIT and target speed is acquired instantly. Slamming on the brakes is no use, the Stalker locks the fastest speed then the target speed will just track the target speeds as he brakes down. Way quicker than the MPH Bee II I messed with last year.

Pretty nice piece of electronics.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Amen Brother

San Diego California; Where the citizens are conditioned to only LEOs and criminals having guns, and defending yourself could land you in jail.

Most people living in such places have no clue about most of the rest of this country, where your home is your castle.

:headbang:

:cheers:

:ford:
IMG_5014.jpg

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
There goes my theory of thinking the Semis would mask my speed...

So I usually run like this: in a 55 I will usually run about 62mph. I've never had an issue doing this. I will NOT go over the speed limit whatsoever in a school zone and I respect work zones as well. City areas with 25mph limits have my respect.
I cruise at 9 MPH over on interstates/highways. I've found that cops want the faster fish in the pond and that has kept me safe for 20 years.

City streets, about 5 MPH is the most I'll cruise around at, unless it's my neighborhood where cops zap cars all day at the 25/35 limits or a school zone and then it's the limit. I've found that the speedo is off, or at least appears off from the crap angle, at those lower speeds.

While I'm on it, you'd think the ergonomics engineers could have canted the gauges up a notch or two so you had a straight view of the speedo and better view of the bottom 2 inches. I'm tall and have issues. I can't imagine if I were shorter and dealing with that.

Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Lord, traffic law enforcement in this country is so damned stupid...

Your doomed, you admitted to speeding (big no-no)

Just pay up and move on.
If you have many stupid points, you need a lawyer to mitigate damages.
Lol, a little dramatic for a speeding ticket, no?

Also, you're*

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
Lord, traffic law enforcement in this country is so damned stupid...

Lol, a little dramatic for a speeding ticket, no?

Also, you're*
Yer rite,this hole forem is drematic.:doh:

Admit to speeding to a cop, that's drama right there!:headbonk:

Many people make things too difficult...life is to short to sweat the small stuff.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Yer rite,this hole forem is drematic.:doh:

Admit to speeding to a cop, that's drama right there!:headbonk:

Many people make things too difficult...life is to short to sweat the small stuff.
Lulz. It's true, we love our drama on the internetz.

But yeah, admitting that you were going too fast and apologizing can often appeal to the human element and get you off with a warning, especially if you know you were speeding.

If you were "borderline" speeding at a ticketable speed, and you straight up lie, you might be able to successfully fight the ticket later, but you're going to lose time right now (and later when you fight), because there's no way the cop is gonna respond with "Oh, you weren't speeding? My mistake then, good sir, please be on your way and accept my sincerest apologies!".

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Its all psychology after you've been pulled over if play your cards right you can get away with a warning!

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
Its all psychology after you've been pulled over if play your cards right you can get away with a warning!
Be advised, if you've been stopped multiple times for the same offense they may add "chronic violator" to the "caution indicators" line of your DLN table so from then on warnings are out the proverbial window unless they didn't have you dead to rights to begin with.

So to you're point, if you have very little history with a PD you can probably just correspond naturally. If you have some history it's best to keep quiet.
Sponsored