Sponsored

Tuned EB vs Scat Pack Challenger

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
Not sure what you mean but bolt on 5.0's are in the 11's especially on E85 or auto's with a stall converter.

I like the EB for what it is, a gas saver that has the good looks. From what I seen around SoCal, EB's on a 91 tune (no 93 here), IC, CAI won't beat a stock 5.0. The tune has to be at least on E30 to keep up.

There are of course hero runs with an auto, E30 tune with full bolt ons running low 12's or even high 11's.. But those are hero runs, not the average.

I drove both, a stock and tuned EB.. on 91 from 3-4.5k it has a really good punch. A stock 5.0 with PP (3.73 gears) have a similar punch as well. The difference is the 5.0 will pull hard to redline.
Some of them are yes. So are quite a few ecoboosts.

Go look through the fast time 1/4 lists on the forum. There's more 12-13 second bolt on V8s than 11 second cars. There are a couple bolt on V8's running far worse times than STOCK EB's as well. Same can be said for both on hero and shit driver runs. There are drivers anywhere from 10.5 up to 13.9 in the bolt on section for V8's.

And actually the hero runs are much closer to 11 flat to 11.5 than 12. EB's stock motor/turbo bolt ons #1 hero is the exact same time as the #2 V8 bolt on. Where the #1 is substantially faster than both V8's and EB's.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
People tend to make fun of things that are completely silly. :shrug:Apparently the new performance standard on this forum is torque below 2500RPMs......nope, that's still silly.
Dintcha know: it's not how many RPMs you have, its how you use them?

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Some of them are yes. So are quite a few ecoboosts.

Go look through the fast time 1/4 lists on the forum. There's more 12-13 second bolt on V8s than 11 second cars. There are a couple bolt on V8's running far worse times than STOCK EB's as well. Same can be said for both on hero and shit driver runs. There are drivers anywhere from 10.5 up to 13.9 in the bolt on section for V8's.

And actually the hero runs are much closer to 11 flat to 11.5 than 12. EB's stock motor/turbo bolt ons #1 hero is the exact same time as the #2 V8 bolt on. Where the #1 is substantially faster than both V8's and EB's.
So you are saying bolt on GTs are slower than stock EB cars? You just said this in the other thread as well. It is okay that you hate the GT but spamming these justification posts is silly.

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
The only true comparison would be same driver, same track, same day, nearly the same time. If those factors are not met, the point is moot. MOOT I SAY

GT stomps the EB. Every. Single Time. Given the above

Always consider money. How much will it take to get the EB into the GT world? And how reliable will it be?

OP
OP

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
How could it possible be king? It's fast. But doesn't ("FEEL" fast). It'll lost a race to an EB at part throttle. It handles better when comparing magazine test data. Yet every EB owner on the planet claims their car handles SOOO much better. I guess I should have bought an EB.:shrug: And experienced. All these warm, fuzzy "FEELINGS" Reality is so over rated.
lol now your bringing up handling? Thats not even up for debate. A PP ecoboost, having the same suspension and breaks as a stock GT and being lighter, will out handle a GT. Its basic physics. In a canyon race with little straights, an ecoboost will win. Same driver and all. The power difference is negligible when all you are doing is turning. If you are denying that, then you are just a v8 fanboy and cant appreciate other platforms.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Oh snaps I didn't know Paul was back. But ugh:
So You got nothing but jokes? I figured a local boy would want to show off some of that part throttle power. :lol: Pussies post vidoes of other people races or funny photos on the interwebs. Some people actually show up. I knew you'd have more memes than balls:thumbsup:.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Trust me, you wont lose anything by putting him on ignore other than constant idiotic ego posts and disagreements. Bitches about EB being a 12-13 second car with a tune, when over half of the bolt-on V8 times are...can you guess it? 12 to 13 second cars! Damn that overrated reality.
I asked you, the OP and Jwow for your time slips? Are guys going to produce? Or ride 5 guys nuts on the fast list and keep posting videos that don't belong to you? I see once the call out gets made it's time for the ignore button.

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So You got nothing but jokes? I figured a local boy would want to show off some of that part throttle power. :lol: Pussies post vidoes of other people races or funny photos on the interwebs. Some people actually show up. I knew you'd have more memes than balls:thumbsup:.
Shoot, I'd go there and run you knowing I'd lose just for the fun of it. I just refuse to step foot in Jersey. I hate going to PA simply because of driving through Maryland (using 95) so I am not going to Jersey for anything less than redeeming a winning lotto ticket.

I agree. RUN EM

We have a good track here in Fayetteville

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium ~2016 Mustang V6(sold)~
Psssh I'll smoke all of you lol!!! (jk please don't kill me)

I thought we are supposed to be all on the same team here, one big mustang family?

Grandstanding is ugly, being proud of your car is beautiful.

I know a gt will smoke me in a 1/4 mile.
I know a eb will be better around the turns than me.
What I don't get is why everyone is so shitty with each other, and not just in this thread but the whole form. Very few EB and GT guys will even lend advice to v6 guys, it's an ego thing. Bluebeastsrt I've seen you pop in our lonely section of the form and offer good advice but let's not go on with this argument with the EB guys. 7 pages is to much to devote to this argument/question. Nothing is left to debate, only thing left is to race, and if that doesn't happen everyone drop it cause were just burning calories that we could be devoting to something beneficial.

One love baby, one love!

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The only true comparison would be same driver, same track, same day, nearly the same time. If those factors are not met, the point is moot. MOOT I SAY

GT stomps the EB. Every. Single Time. Given the above

Always consider money. How much will it take to get the EB into the GT world? And how reliable will it be?
Oh so NOW the fast times don't matter when it's not favorable. Funny how the GT side was using them before but now that it's not looking so favorably, they don't matter.

Consider money? Tune, IC and downpipe? Boy that's a lot of moneys! Keep grasping for those straws.

I asked you, the OP and Jwow for your time slips? Are guys going to produce? Or ride 5 guys nuts on the fast list and keep posting videos that don't belong to you? I see once the call out gets made it's time for the ignore button.
Sir I could give a sh*t less about justifying myself to you. You want to brag about the fast times list and running it and what you "seen" but I call your bullshit. You guys have shit bolt-on times on par with the ecoboost. Just as you say "only a small percentage can actually run those times", well sh*t looks like the same for GT drivers posting sub-EB-stock times. Pretty pathetic for your extra 4 cylinders. All this REALLY is, is GT drivers getting butthurt and justifying their extra manliness.

lol now your bringing up handling? Thats not even up for debate. A PP ecoboost, having the same suspension and breaks as a stock GT and being lighter, will out handle a GT. Its basic physics. In a canyon race with little straights, an ecoboost will win. Same driver and all. The power difference is negligible when all you are doing is turning. If you are denying that, then you are just a v8 fanboy and cant appreciate other platforms.
Well when you aren't winning these armchair racer wars, you gotta switch it up! Haha it took this long to realize he's a diehard that will never change his opinion?

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)

I thought we are supposed to be all on the same team here, one big mustang family?

What I don't get is why everyone is so shitty with each other, and not just in this thread but the whole form. Very few EB and GT guys will even lend advice to v6 guys, it's an ego thing. Bluebeastsrt I've seen you pop in our lonely section of the form and offer good advice but let's not go on with this argument with the EB guys. 7 pages is to much to devote to this argument/question. Nothing is left to debate, only thing left is to race, and if that doesn't happen everyone drop it cause were just burning calories that we could be devoting to something beneficial.

One love baby, one love!
LOL your right. If Jwow wants to race. We'll race. That's what I do. I'm done with the I don't have anything to prove shit talkers! Buy the way. I'm on the fast list! I didn't just run it. I'm also done with the 3 or 4, My car feels like a super car down low guys. They don't relize they drag every EB owner down with that nonsense. And here's a little parting shot for spykex who has nothing to prove. The video below is of me racing in a hooped up 4 banger I used to own. So much for your V8 fan boy theories huh? Your calling everyone and armchair racer. But don't have a single timeslip or video of you racing. Weird.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]sPBZtNTVptE[/MEDIA]"]

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]grj1Gh_OdT4[/MEDIA]"]

Last edited:

PrimetimeKenny_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt- Mt82

One love baby, one love!
Agreed, I've fallen into the notion of not even giving a second glance at another S550 unless it has a 5.0 emblem or it is a gt350. All S550 chassis matter. :cheers:

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

One love baby, one love!
Haha, sadly it won't die though. Coming from a '13 V6 I know the feeling but I will say the MustangEvolution forum has a much better active V6 forum than M6G does. I still go there daily to talk with V6 owners. Far less fanboy-ism. As the technical adviser for the largest mustang club in my area, I will say I have NEVER seen any hate for lesser models throughout meets. It's only arm chair online racers and forums.

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh so NOW the fast times don't matter when it's not favorable. Funny how the GT side was using them before but now that it's not looking so favorably, they don't matter.

Consider money? Tune, IC and downpipe? Boy that's a lot of moneys! Keep grasping for those straws.
What? :crazy:

Did you know that it is dangerous to inhale your exhaust fumes? You should stop.

What I stated is unbiased facts that anyone capable of reason would agree upon. Heck, anyone that knows anything related to the scientific method at least.

Take a step back. Breathe. Look at it from an unbiased point of view. Keep your feelings in check and then be true to yourself. Seriously, is this where you want to be when Jesus comes back?:amen:

I've got no beef with the 4 or 6 cylinder stangs whatsoever. These are just properly lined up pieces of metal, rubber, and plastic. nothing more. They all have good points and bad points. You cannot change the laws of physics no matter how deep in your own world you live.

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What? :crazy:

Did you know that it is dangerous to inhale your exhaust fumes? You should stop.

What I stated is unbiased facts that anyone capable of reason would agree upon. Heck, anyone that knows anything related to the scientific method at least.

Take a step back. Breathe. Look at it from an unbiased point of view. Keep your feelings in check and then be true to yourself. Seriously, is this where you want to be when Jesus comes back?:amen:
Right, those numbers must have changed within the last couple hours. BTW I wasn't referring to you with numbers. Blueballs brought it up in the part throttle thread and wanted to use them to justify his ego.

Sure, that's always more favorable. But ya work with what ya got. And I'm not seeing this "blowing away" that you guys are talking about.

Lol, man I could honestly care less car wise. As I've stated before I care more that ford is innovating and changing it's motors up and offering something worthwhile. The S550 is the first American car I've cared for/owned with it's european style and IRS. I care far more about tracking/autox than I do dragging. I really have no piece in this other than douchebags being douchebags.
Sponsored