Sponsored

Minimum lowering options for a non-PP ecoboost?

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I'm looking at lowering my car just a little bit, I have several driveways where I already scrape so I don't want anything dramatic.

The only option I see for "minimum" drop is the BMR springs. is there anything else out there? Not that I don't trust BMR, I used their products on my F-bodies for years just wondering if there is something I didn't come across yet.

Also interested in what shocks might go well with a minimum lowering spring, not wanting to invest in anything super high end but the stock non-PP setup is extremely bouncy and floaty while at the same time managing to be extremely harsh over bumps, its got the worst of both worlds.

Here is a quick picture of the car for reference. I don't really even want 1" drop but most kits seem to go 1.2"+.

Sponsored

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I went with the GT350r springs, they should be a half inch drop or so. I'm having them put on next week along with Koni shocks and a BMR lockout. They're just about the only other minimum drop option that I know of other than the BMR springs. I have a set of BMR minimum drop springs I was planning to use but I was afraid the Koni's might be a bit too much for them.

OP
OP
ForYourOwnGood

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I went with the GT350r springs, they should be a half inch drop or so. I'm having them put on next week along with Koni shocks and a BMR lockout. They're just about the only other minimum drop option that I know of other than the BMR springs. I have a set of BMR minimum drop springs I was planning to use but I was afraid the Koni's might be a bit too much for them.
I didn't realize this was an option for Ecos as well, I'll check it out.

How about the ford handling pack-track. I believe its a 1 inch drop

https://www.levittownfordparts.com/mobile/ford-racing-mustang-handling-p-3253.html
Yeah I had looked at those, 1" is about the extreme end of where I can go but I'll keep it in mind.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
SP089 front
SP082 rear

Thank us afterward ;)

Sponsored

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
I didn't realize this was an option for Ecos as well, I'll check it out.

Yeah I had looked at those, 1" is about the extreme end of where I can go but I'll keep it in mind.
Depending on how stiff you'd want to car to be, there are a few min drop options:

1)GTPP like stiffness (very road friendly), BMR SP082/89 with PP dampers
2)GT350 like stiffness (part-time track/road), GT350 or GT350R springs on all 4's, or BMR SP085 or 088 on rear, with Steeda, Koni (fixed or adj on both cases) or FRPP track dampers, and
3)Pure racecar stuff, Steeda dual rate with Koni/Steeda adjustables.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah this was my initial choice since there isn't much around otherwise. What shocks would compliment those springs well?
The GT PP shocks would actually work really well.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=26233]Rebellion[/MENTION] - for 3), you can also add our SP083 Kit which is 300/980.

;)

Mattrix

The Engine Destroyer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Mustang
I'm very happy with the Ford Performance Springs, Shocks and Struts on my EcoBoost. The 1" drop looks good and is practical for me. Another half inch lower would look better but driving on Michigan roads too low is a bad idea (lesson learned on previous car).

Most importantly though they handle great!

Sponsored

RonStang6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Oxford White Auto
SP089 front
SP082 rear

Thank us afterward ;)
You can also raise the ride height on the SO089 front springs by 1/2" for a total of 3/8" drop with Steeda's new front spacer kit. Although with an ecoboost PP car it will probably be less drop than that because of the lower engine weitht. For the rear with the SP082 springs you can use Steeda's 1/4" spring spacers which will raise the rear by 1/2" to get you back to OEM ride height. This is what I plan to do on My GT non-PP car. I have the BMR springs now and the front and rear Steeda spacers are on the FedEx truck now. I plan to get the springs installed in two weeks so after the install I will write a review in this thread. Also I have Steeda Adjustable Pro-Action Shocks & Struts on my car now. I have had the Pro-Action Shocks & Struts on my car for about 2,000 miles and really like them far better than the OEM shocks & struts. I recommend getting the Adjustable Pro-Actions over the non-adjustable Pro-Actions because it takes very little rebound adjustment for springs with these spring rates. For the GT OEM springs I have them adjusted at 3/16 turn from full soft front & rear. I expect that with the BMR springs to have them adjusted in this same adjustment range.

brimstn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Ecoboost
SP089 front
SP082 rear

Thank us afterward ;)
I, too, am looking for some springs for my EB S550. I considered yours but the product pages for these state they're not designed for the EB. I'm concerned the lower weight of the 4cyl will cause the springs to not compress and the car will end up with the nose in the air. Thoughts?

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
I would not have recommended them if that were the case.

Our current spring offerings all work very very well on the EB models. ;)

brimstn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Ecoboost
I would not have recommended them if that were the case.

Our current spring offerings all work very very well on the EB models. ;)
You might want to update your website, then.

***NOTE: This product was not engineered for a V-6 or 4-Cylinder EB Mustang, nor has it been tested on them.***

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
The SP089s were updated and we removed that note. But I am having our web site guy change that on our various other spring offerings.

;)
Sponsored