2015 GT Premium Auto
post your feedback when you install it
Sponsored

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
I've had both the Roush axle back and the MF Comp catback. If you don't want drone, do NOT waste your money on the MF, it is absolutely terrible, and doesn't sound all that great either. Sounds extremely muffled and not lively at all.

The Roush sounded fantastic however, no drone there.

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
The one I have settled on is roush single tip axle backs and a misimoto h pipe.
Same here.

Been running Roush axle backs for past 4 months and absolutely love 'em.

No drone noticed as yet, and only criticism is after 25-30 minutes when boxes up to full temp it does seem go really quiet (almost like stock) unless you rag it... hence why i'm fitting a Mishi H-pipe also... just waiting for [MENTION=19416]Guy@NemesisUK[/MENTION] to get them back into stock!

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
Same here.

No drone noticed as yet, and only criticism is after 25-30 minutes when boxes up to full temp it does seem go really quiet (almost like stock) unless you rag it... hence why i'm fitting a Mishi H-pipe also... just waiting for [MENTION=19416]Guy@NemesisUK[/MENTION] to get them back into stock!
Just an FYI, a friend locally has the Roush AB with an H-pipe, and it's extremely loud. Pretty much one of the loudest short of just running straight pipe.
Does sound great, but he did say it brought on some drone with the resonator removal as well.

Dinks66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Lightning Blue. Borla S- type cat back
:)
I am looking at fitting an axleback to my GT and am considering the Roush or the Magnaflow competition. I love the sound of the Magnaflow from YouTube videos but am worried that some people report a lot of drone at 2000 rpm. The car is my daily driver so not sure I could live with that, does anyone have experience of the drone with a Magnaflow performance or should I go for the Roush?
Hi Jason,
I have the Borla S type cat back fitted and there is no drone whatsoever. I am only in Adlington so if you want to pop down and have a ride in it you are more than welcome if it will help you make your mind up. I only paid 900 quid for it too which isn't much more than the Roush axle backs. Got it from US automotive on ebay. They are based down south somewhere. Hope this helps !!:):)

Sponsored

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
well we just received a "love it, it's absolutely perfect" review about the Steeda axle back system for the GT yesterday, which was nice. We love it when we get customer feedback.

https://www.steeda.co.uk/steeda-s550-mustang-fastback-gt-axle-back-exhaust-system-c2x19680338

Got one left in stock currently, which I am happy to do a free shipping deal on to celebrate us hitting 50 reviews received on our new independent reviewing system too...

Contact me if you are interested. 1st come first served....

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
Same here.

Literally no one has said a bad thing about Roush. It's why I bought one. The stock sounds nice but it's too quiet.

Just an FYI, a friend locally has the Roush AB with an H-pipe, and it's extremely loud. Pretty much one of the loudest short of just running straight pipe.
Does sound great, but he did say it brought on some drone with the resonator removal as well.
Exactly why I'm putting on the H-pipe :lol: good thing it won't be a daily as I would feel bad firing it up in the morning every day waking everyone else up in the process lol

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
From my observation, the roush has the stock resonator, the Borla has header's so it's not a head on comparison. I did the X-pipe & stock mufflers and have no drone. When I find a suitable muffler or Cherry Bomb type resonator I'll drop weight, including an aluminum driveshaft.

OP
OP

jason.roberts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

Hi Jason,
I have the Borla S type cat back fitted and there is no drone whatsoever. I am only in Adlington so if you want to pop down and have a ride in it you are more than welcome if it will help you make your mind up. I only paid 900 quid for it too which isn't much more than the Roush axle backs. Got it from US automotive on ebay. They are based down south somewhere. Hope this helps !!:):)
Thanks I might take you up on that

Speedwagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack
I am looking at fitting an axleback to my GT and am considering the Roush or the Magnaflow competition. I love the sound of the Magnaflow from YouTube videos but am worried that some people report a lot of drone at 2000 rpm. The car is my daily driver so not sure I could live with that, does anyone have experience of the drone with a Magnaflow performance or should I go for the Roush?
No word ... Corsa!

Sponsored

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
The drone is often due to the placement of the tips; further in, more drone. CJ Pony Parts have a video on it. It's not universal, obviously, but it may help.

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
If you get drone just add Jpipes.

bennno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
550 Comp Orange
Back to my original reply, the Roush Axle back is the business. Really deep, burbling tone and loudness proportional to throttle position.

Able to pass as close to stock when warm and at idle or cruise, but blaring at open throttle. Really pleased with it, reminds me of my Griffith 500 of a few years back, which had the dealer mod to remove the silencer internals.

Able to be quiet enough not to be embarrassing at work + zero drone on Motorway + epic blare with open throttle = best ÂŁ500 spent.

Outside of that I sourced and fitted the Ford Racing Street lowering springs, which make a big difference visually and it rides better, plus a KN filter, plus a hand-stitched nappa steering wheel.

Bennno

david borla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

Hi Jason,
Sweet!
Sponsored