Sponsored

Shelby GT350 Mustang Owners File New Class Action Lawsuit Against Ford for Fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Car and Drive was quoting what Ford told them.

We did not have a choice, the dealers did not have a choice, we/dealers got what Ford sent them in 2015.

To answer your point, yes Ford did combine the packages in model year 2017, not only to get more money, but also to "acknowledge" that they should have done this in previous models and to limit any future liability in the event of a lawsuit.

Of course, all of this is my opinion and you have yours. Do I care one way or another on how this lawsuit will turn out? Not really. I like the car just the way it is for how I drive it. If I wanted, I can still go around a track just as fast as a track equipped car, just not as long.
You did have a choice. Don't buy.

And yes, you can go around the track just as fast - which still makes it the most track capable Mustang even if for only 20 minutes.

We do all have opinions but you're simply making stuff up.
Sponsored

ShelbyGirl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michelle
Vehicle(s)
GT350
This has been passed down from generation to generation from mother to daughter, its part of the handbook along with such other gems as:

"you should know why i'm upset"
"It's fine, you can go out with your friends"
"I don't care, where do you want to go for dinner?"
"I don't want anything for my birthday"
"Do you think i'm fat?"
"do you like my hair like this?"

If I'm driving in the car and a question/statement like this comes up there is only one appropriate response. Windows open, exhaust switched into sport mode.

If i can't hear it, it can't hurt me!:lol:
wanna bet? lol

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
wanna bet? lol
Oh, your avatar looks like a downloaded and cropped photo. Would you care to share an actual photo of your 350?

Thanks.

ghig302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss
I do not have a GT350, but if I had traded my Boss in on one, financially, I would have probably only been able to afford the Base model. All the literature I saw, all the reviews, everything pointed to each GT350 being a track capable car. It later comes out that the Base and Tech cars hit limp mode. I could somewhat be talked into it being a buyer not doing their due diligence IF THE CAR ONLY WENT LIMP ON THE TRACK. Fact is, it goes limp on the City Roads and Highways. Each of you making the Tech and Base buyers feel worse than they already do, just shows what you are made of. Some of us are not gear heads, do not sit on forums all day, do not have a garage or tools to do a repair/fix ourselves....A GT350 should not be able to be passed by a Corolla, EVER. Ford effs up each of their halo cars, Boss has a cr@p tranny, GT350 has limp mode and some other issues, heard the Focus RS has some issues.......bottom line, limp mode is not just a track issue, so Ford should pay and pay big time!

Side_Pce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Every critic of this lawsuit assumes every GT350 buyer was on this forum before they purchased their car. Or the limp mode issue was a known problem before they purchased their car. Isn't this the main issue here? Wether they knew the car did or did not come with coolers is irrelevant. 16 GT owners have the same issue, but those cars were never marketed as the most track capable cars ever. Dealers are still selling these cars with no knowledge dispersed about the possible overheating issue.

I absolutely knew the car did not have coolers on the transmission, and was fine with that because it was the only one in my area, I've been looking for 6 months for an msrp deal and I jumped. I had no idea the trans would get in the 250-260 degree range on the street if I caned it, while the rear differential is probably melting but I won't know until it explodes.

I've accepted the flaws in the car, I won't buy a brand new transmission until the warranty is up and taken steps to cool the car down without modifying the car. I'm sorry these discussions always end up in bickering between fellow owners.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
You're only concern because you think it will hurt the resale value of '16 "R" and TP cars.

Too late my friend, damage is already done whether you like it or not. Ford's fault plain and simple.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
You're only concern because you think it will hurt the resale value of '16 "R" and TP cars.

Too late my friend, damage is already done whether you like it or not. Ford's fault plain and simple.
Actually it is not! I just got offered well over 50k for my 16 TP with more than 7k miles.

The sky has not fallen and it is not the end of the world.

Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track

Im actually far more concerned we go back to the dark ages where we dont have interesting cars to buy. I am only tangentially concerned about value.

Holy shit I spelled tangentially right the first try. I need go play the lotto.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Actually it is not! I just got offered well over 50k for my 16 TP with more than 7k miles.

The sky has not fallen and it is not the end of the world.
Good for you Harold. :thumbsup: Was offered $60k cad for my low 1500 mile base car last year, but would've taken a hit of $6k in the process.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
There's some bickering going on here that's been cleaned up. Please use the 'Ignore' feature if you don't want to see individual posts. Continued bickering will result in infractions and suspensions.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
There is/was a debate here about whether Ford designed a street legal race car or a street car that can be brought to the track.

Any way, I just got done with the GT350 Track Attack this week, which was obviously awesome! I found it interesting that the lead instructor for the day and few other ones throughout the day said flat out that we are driving "race cars." That Ford designed the GT350 to be that way and added blinkers and headlights to make them street legal.

Like I said, I thought it was interesting in regards to this overall discussion.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I went ahead and put in a sizable (by me) bid on some ford stock tonight.
I may lose some from this but I think the upside is better than the down, long term.
Good time to buy for any of those who were forced into putting money into an ira.;)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.