Sponsored

Custom/Home-made EB Exhaust sound clips

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Your gonna be disappointed..

I did call and they charge 90/hour and job should only take an hour or two. That's the good news.

Bad news is I gotta put that on hold, just got a deal on the Tune+ Meth kit that I didn't wanna pass up.. So I'll have to deal with the annoying drone for a while. I was pretty excited to get videos of the exhaust but maybe instead I'll get a before and after dyno of the Meth tune. Can only be satisfied on a 91 tune for so long lol
NOOOOOOOO.

Oh well, maybe I'll just do it first.
Sponsored

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang (Black)

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
Right now I'm torn between these ones:

1) muffler delete, keep stock resonator
2) muffler and resonator delete, add magnaflow in place of stock res
3) do #2 except use the MBRP race and put a muffler in the center of it to tone down the drone

Choices.
(Yes I know the post is a few days old just giving my 2 cents) #2 is the exact setup I plan on having a shop install this Friday. I decided to go that route as I believe there was someone earlier in this thread that posted a video of this setup and I loved it. The exhaust shop guy seemed pretty willing to play around with my setup a bit to get a sound out of it I like. If it's too loud for my liking, I'm going to have him put some straight tube MFs as mufflers.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I just couldn't pass up a meth kit. I have a problem.. Hope we can still be friends :shrug:
Hah! I'm not worried about it, my car hasn't moved in two days because of this bullshit storm we just got. Took me an hour on tuesday morning just to get it up the driveway and into the garage which is all of 50ft. Those Pirellis just aren't up to even the lightest covering of snow (I have the Nero A/S not the summers).

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hah! I'm not worried about it, my car hasn't moved in two days because of this bullshit storm we just got. Took me an hour on tuesday morning just to get it up the driveway and into the garage which is all of 50ft. Those Pirellis just aren't up to even the lightest covering of snow (I have the Nero A/S not the summers).
Mine are Pirelli P zero Nero.. Those aren't summers?

Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Mine are Pirelli P zero Nero.. Those aren't summers?
They have both, mine are all seasons. As in they suck in all seasons. Worst tires I've ever had on a car, and considering I've run mastercrafts before that's saying something.

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well finally was able to get my exhaust done. Side note, shops are extra busy during tax season, which I didn't think of. I had them swap my resonator for a Magnaflow 12158 (1in/2out), and delete the mufflers. Sound wise this has been a great decision. It is noticeably louder but not obnoxiously so by any means. It gave it a nice deep tone and when I get into the higher RPM range it really screams, almost reminding me of a rally car or something. Revving it at idle you can hear some good gurgles and pops. I was revving it too much one of the times I think and believe I heard a back fire which scared me but sounded awesome. It definitely doesn't sound Honda fart-can like at all and I feel its quite refined. The only "drone" I notice is right around 4k RPMs which I am only ever at if I'm going pretty hard and looking to hear the exhaust anyway.

The only downside which I didn't think about and apparently neither did my exhaust guy is that the new Magnaflow muffler doesn't fit well in the space where the resonator was. It sits a good bit lower since it can't fit up in the exhaust tunnel so well. This currently hasn't caused any issues but I am a bit worried about clearance once I lower the car with some performance springs.

All said it was $300+tax so I figured I could afford to have the muffler swapped out for a tube type MF and y-pipe to fit better if/when needed. Once I take some footage ill be sure to edit it into this post or just post it by itself.

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well finally was able to get my exhaust done. Side note, shops are extra busy during tax season, which I didn't think of. I had them swap my resonator for a Magnaflow 12158 (1in/2out), and delete the mufflers. Sound wise this has been a great decision. It is noticeably louder but not obnoxiously so by any means. It gave it a nice deep tone and when I get into the higher RPM range it really screams, almost reminding me of a rally car or something. Revving it at idle you can hear some good gurgles and pops. I was revving it too much one of the times I think and believe I heard a back fire which scared me but sounded awesome. It definitely doesn't sound Honda fart-can like at all and I feel its quite refined. The only "drone" I notice is right around 4k RPMs which I am only ever at if I'm going pretty hard and looking to hear the exhaust anyway.

The only downside which I didn't think about and apparently neither did my exhaust guy is that the new Magnaflow muffler doesn't fit well in the space where the resonator was. It sits a good bit lower since it can't fit up in the exhaust tunnel so well. This currently hasn't caused any issues but I am a bit worried about clearance once I lower the car with some performance springs.

All said it was $300+tax so I figured I could afford to have the muffler swapped out for a tube type MF and y-pipe to fit better if/when needed. Once I take some footage ill be sure to edit it into this post or just post it by itself.
Any chance we could see a idle/ rev vid? And possibly a few drive by?

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any chance we could see a idle/ rev vid? And possibly a few drive by?
Yea I was going to try to put something together this week or upcoming weekend. Past weekend's weather wasn't very nice. Only thing is my only sound recording equipment would be microphones built into my phone, gopro, or canon rebel, I was half considering putting all my recording devices next to each other then trying to rip the sound files and compile them in audacity into one Frankenstein sound as I haven't heard of anyone doing that.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I'm getting myself psyched up to put the MBRP back on the car and then have a magnaflow put in the middle instead of the Y. The fitment was so bad last time though I'm dreading putting it back on.

Sponsored

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm getting myself psyched up to put the MBRP back on the car and then have a magnaflow put in the middle instead of the Y. The fitment was so bad last time though I'm dreading putting it back on.
Your tips ride your bumper as well? I get a slight vibration on startup driving it's annoying. But a lot of that was from the ATP downpipe fitment

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Your tips ride your bumper as well? I get a slight vibration on startup driving it's annoying. But a lot of that was from the ATP downpipe fitment
Yep, my exhaust also looks totally different than the pics on their site with extra joints and clamps, like they made a cheaper version afterwards or something. After taking it to two professional shops they managed to tweak it so it wasn't so bad but its still not great.

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So since I have the MBRP race sitting around, do you guys think it would help the drone if I got a magnaflow or other 1-in-2-out muffler put in place of the Y pipe? I'm considering giving it a try and seeing how it sounds.
Any progress towards your exhaust?

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Any progress towards your exhaust?
I went and stared at it last night, but it was 30 degrees and pouring rain so I decided not to try and get under the car :frusty:

As soon as the weather breaks for one friggin day I'm going to swap it real quick, then I have to find a muffler that will go in it.

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went and stared at it last night, but it was 30 degrees and pouring rain so I decided not to try and get under the car :frusty:

As soon as the weather breaks for one friggin day I'm going to swap it real quick, then I have to find a muffler that will go in it.
https://www.amazon.com/Magnaflow-12298-MagnaFlow-Exhaust-Muffler/dp/B000COVATE

I would thing that would fit with a little custom work. Shouldn't be too hard for a skilled muffler shop. Only thing is would probably sit a little lower to the ground so be careful on steep driveways. I've skidded my resonator 3 times. Makes my teeth cringe. But if it helps sound eff it I say.
Sponsored