Sponsored

Shelby GT350 Mustang Owners File New Class Action Lawsuit Against Ford for Fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

HappySquirrel

W85 Whale Oil Tune
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB PP CO, 97 Pathfinder 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I can understand the frustration, but there is a TRACK PACK car for a reason. If you wanted to save the money then you take the risk... those parts can and have been added aftermarket by forum members here that presumably no longer have the overheating problem.
Except that Ford made people choose between track pack and tech pack for the 2016s, for some inexplicable reason. If they had at least given people the option it might be a different story. AFAIK there is no reason those packages should have been mutually exclusive, especially given that the track pack is standard for 2017. This is one of those mind-bogglingly stupid decisions by Ford, like removing the boost gauge from the PP ecoboost cars' center display or somehow ruining the design of the SiriusXM antennas so they don't work.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
The time to settle and avoid the things a few of you mention was before the lawsuit was filed. Now that the floodgates are open in the media, that boat has set sail. They will hunker down with their senior leaders, communications people and attorneys, develop a strategy, and fight this.

They will show it's not a safety issue and will paint the plaintiff class as unreasonable and without compensable damages.

Get ready guys, they ain't gonna roll over.
So now you're trolling???
The flood gates are Fords making. I don't want a lawsuit and am willing to pay for my fixes. What makes them untenable to me is the lack of warranty and possible voiding of my existing warranty.
Hopefully they'll hunker down with their senior leaders and realize avoidance of further court action and resurrection of the reputation of Shelby & GT350 will cost a fraction of what litigation would cost.
It always amazes me that people with no horse is this race rage the loudest.

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
People buy the GT350 for road course and touring. The track pack should be standard equipment. Ford will lose this fight, they should admit fault and do the right thing

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
So now you're trolling???
The flood gates are Fords making. I don't want a lawsuit and am willing to pay for my fixes. What makes them untenable to me is the lack of warranty and possible voiding of my existing warranty.
Hopefully they'll hunker down with their senior leaders and realize avoidance of further court action and resurrection of the reputation of Shelby & GT350 will cost a fraction of what litigation would cost.
It always amazes me that people with no horse is this race rage the loudest.
Nope, not trolling - just sharing my opinion on how Ford will proceed. Decisions were made at other levels in the company that got to this point. Now it's in the lawyers hands and they will deal with it as they do any legal challenge.

Call me what you want - as a corporate attorney, I have a thick skin - but that is how their lawyers will approach it.

Sponsored

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I'd take an '18 5.0 over a GT350 even if they were the same price. Voodoo bro best engine ever except when it sucks down a quart of oil per gas tank.
They don't all consume oil. Some do, some don't. 5k miles and my oil is still right where it was when I changed it.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
More like:
SHELBY GT350 MUSTANG: THE LEGEND GETS TRASHED

"Shelby" and "GT350" have been dragged through the mud. Others want to blame the owners of the Base/Tech but it was Ford who chose to experiment with delivery these cars without coolers. For a fraction of the expense in defending a class action, all points in the suit can be addressed with parts off the shelf and warrantying those parts.
The damage Ford has done to Carroll's legacy could be reversed.
The last Shelby GT500 Carroll Shelby had a hand in developing was the 13/14 model.He was proud to have his name on that beast and said so. Im still a Shelby fan but the 350 just didn't fit my driving style. I hope this all gets settled very soon.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Nope, not trolling - just sharing my opinion on how Ford will proceed. Decisions were made at other levels in the company that got to this point. Now it's in the lawyers hands and they will deal with it as they do any legal challenge.

Call me what you want - as a corporate attorney, I have a thick skin - but that is how their lawyers will approach it.
I didn't call you anything Mr. Corporate Attorney. I asked about your behavior. I don't know why you would have had to quote me with your previous post.

In any case, I am not conceding the attorneys have it in their hands and remain hopeful clearer heads will prevail.

Last edited:

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I disagree with owners suing Ford in a CAL. The only thing it will do is make Ford less likely to do awesome cars in the future, over liability concerns.

Granted, Ford could just add the trans and diff coolers and call it a day. But that would set a precedence they don't want.

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
But they clearly state in the manual if you are going to track it you need the track pack....
My manual states if I want to track it... it's recommended I add the coolers. I took that to mean that I'd need to add the coolers, to the Tech Pack car I purchased in 2015, before I track it. Hell, the Tech pack was $1k more than the Track Pack. I really wanted the R, but who didn't! ;)

You knew it when you bought it.
True, but when I asked if I could add coolers later on the answer "was" yes. :doh:

Sad thing also is the 2016 tech. pkg. ones will decrease in value much quicker than the 2017 and on up.
I believe this was mentioned in the lawsuit as well?? :shrug:

Sponsored

mkonrad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, I don't think this is going to look good to anyone anymore, and I do think the resident admitted lawyer is now in his element. Media will run around saying all Shelby's are broken, resale will drop, and Ford has to protect their future sales. And if I'm running a company in damage control mode, I'm closing down avenues like the "cooler in a box" from Ford Performance for diff and transmission. Simple ideas like permitting a trade-in to 2017 that looked really promising when we were just shooting the breeze are now going to no longer be just an opportunity cost, but are now a full fledged admission of wrong doing. Getting help from Ford Performance with a diff kit or cooler kit, may prove harder to do.

The vociferous "you should have bought a track pack to drive it on the track" group may end up being hit by these problems as well through media involvement, lowered resale, and of course the opportunity to continue this argument thread in a new capacity (should thrill some people here).

The cooler heads should have prevailed already, and they didn't.

Such is life. Mongo just pawn in game of life.

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
I didn't call you anything Mr. Corporate Attorney. I asked about your behavior. I don't know why you would have had to quote me with your previous post.

In any case, I am not conceding the attorneys have it in their hands and remain hopeful clearer heads will prevail.
Sorry man, no offense was intended nor did I mean to appear to be calling you out specifically; I was merely using your post, which was the middle of three that spoke of negative impact, to illustrate that this has already spilled back on Ford (corporate), Ford Performance, and the GT350 brand. If I came across as a troll, please forgive me.

With some in the media rushing to get a story out and lumping all GT350s in the mix, everyone who owns one of these cars - regardless of model year or equipment - has skin in the game now.

It's unfortunate for all involved that it came to this, the filing of a lawsuit. Because in the end, there's going to be lots of money spent, a fair amount of disappointment, maybe some regret, and a hollow victory and vindication for one side or the other. Hollow, because everybody's going to lose something - even those on the winning side.

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Except that Ford made people choose between track pack and tech pack for the 2016s, for some inexplicable reason. If they had at least given people the option it might be a different story. AFAIK there is no reason those packages should have been mutually exclusive, especially given that the track pack is standard for 2017. This is one of those mind-bogglingly stupid decisions by Ford, like removing the boost gauge from the PP ecoboost cars' center display or somehow ruining the design of the SiriusXM antennas so they don't work.
They are removing the boost guage on the PP? Anyway, it seems to me Ford may lose, just not to the tune of $228m. as the class(if they have even been granted Class status yet) will have to prove that damage amount.

Whatever becomes of this situation I am not amused that a GT350 could go into limp mode in such a short time on a track. Corvette ZO6 owners are having the same problems too(don't know if Chevy found a fix yet).

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
It will be interesting to see how this plays out. If Ford loses three types of owner scenarios would need to be addressed.

-Current Tech/Base owners that have yet to do anything
-Current Tech/Base owners that have replaced the transmission or added coolers
-Former Tech/Base owners that traded for a 2017 in order to get cooling with warranty support

Had Ford been more forthcoming with options that retained the factory warranty and priced at cost, we probably wouldn't be talking about this. I'd most likely still own my 2016 GT350.

Last edited:

thehygienist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
IRISH
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT350
The fact that limp mode exists at all is an admission of anticipated system failure. The mode of system failure, to dangerously limit a vehicle's speed, presents a built-in life safety risk from being rear-ended, either on the track or on the street. I am surprised the NHTSA hasn't weighed in well ahead of this lawsuit and I would expect as a manufacturer, Ford would have reported this to NHTSA to initiate a recall to limit its liabilities.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.