Sponsored

Steeda's New Dual Rate Ultimate Handling Springs - (Track Proven Winner!!!)

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Got any new pics @SteedaTech and measurements? I'm curious about clearance the bottom to the ground and wheel centerline to the bottom of the fenders. Want to compare it to what I have now with what these are going to do. Thank you sir :)
The Steeda dual rate springs lower the S550 approx. .750 of inch or 3/4 of a inch from stock. I will get the other measurements shortly.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
What is the streetability of these springs? Will they work well with Steeda Pro Actions?

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
What is the streetability of these springs? Will they work well with Steeda Pro Actions?
Certainly more firm than my Swift Spec Rs, but the Pro-Action Adjustables handle them without complaint from me. I drove like a lunatic around Steeda, then 3 hours home on highway and city (to get home) and really... totally streetable. I haven't experienced any harshness, nothing annoying or alarming.

If you are ultra-sensitive to a firm ride, well... maybe not for you.

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
The Steeda dual rate springs lower the S550 approx. .750 of inch or 3/4 of a inch from stock. I will get the other measurements shortly.
Wheel centerline to bottom fender front 14 1/2 rear 14 3/4 approx.

Front plastic rocker panel lower edge 6 inches rear 7 inches

This on Performance Pack S550

Sponsored

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase

Thank you for that. My GT with standard suspension apparently sits lower that a PP GT. It would seem my drop would be less than 0.75" which is fine by me

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
My dual rates will hopefully arrive in a couple of days :)

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD

Thanks, glad I didn't have to do that work... haha. :headbonk:

Sponsored

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION]I'm wondering my stock non-PP GT sway bars will work in the interim if I upgrade to these with adjustable pro shocks. Wondering if I should wait and do everything at once.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
FWIW, I ran AMP with 1.5 turns on each damper and 2.0 turns on each damper with my Steeda sway bars set to one notch from full stiff up front and full stiff in the rear. It wasn't a huge difference, but I liked 1.5 turns in the tighter, slower areas, but felt more confidence in the fast sweeps at the tail end of the track with 2 turns. Was too lazy to split the difference or change the sway bars, but I must say, under heavy breaking, my car was vastly more confident than any previous spring I've had. Overall, I found I could cut into a turn at a higher speed and was very obviously limited by tire grip, even when I took turns arguable technically correct (right speed, right apex line, etc.). I think these will shine even more when I run stickier tires. What was interesting was that there was some debate that my car would be upset by the curbs because of the firmer spring rate, but I found that, even in the wet, unlike many other cars, my car really didn't get bothered by them when I ran over them. Not really supposed to hit the rumbles when they're wet since they're a smooth painted surface and I didn't slam over them on purpose per say but when I hit them there was no upset chassis issues. Granted my comparison was with the stock PP wheels (staggered) and stock Pirelli tires vs. a 285 square setup (but with, IMO, worse tires - Conti DW). I'm excited to try these at Sebring and Road Atlanta this year! The car just feels... smaller.

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
@SteedaTech I'm wondering my stock non-PP GT sway bars will work in the interim if I upgrade to these with adjustable pro shocks. Wondering if I should wait and do everything at once.
You will be just fine. in last weekends race we were at the softest setting on the sway bars.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Todd - you'll want a little more than dual rate, what with your striking good looks. I would think you'd want to charge three times the normal rate, at least. :lol:
You a funny guy:lol:
:lol::lol:

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Hi everyone, they are shipping today!