Sponsored

Who's been on the drag strip

Alaskan9974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 gt premium & '17 gt350
Just curious what your slips look like for the 1/8 and 1/4. I've seen the mags, but curious how these are doing in real life. I plan to get mine on a track and strip this summer
Sponsored

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
I took mine to the local 1/8th late last summer since it's the only track of any kind we got here, did OK for first time out with a RWD car but lots of time left in it.

60': 2.205
1/8: 8.35X
Trap: 92.47mph

So the trap speed was good given the time, and considering some guys are ripping 1.7 60's on the Super Sports I should be able to get the same or better with my Cup 2's. Motortrend had the R hit 90mph in 7.2s and 100 in 8.5, so I'm expecting on a perfect run for the car to have a 7.5-7.6 in it at maybe 94-95mph. Should be able to do slightly better than Motortrends times on a drag strip since they test on street surfaces.

But a driver mod will be needed to get those times :D

FORDSTANGER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 TP
Not bad numbers. Pretty realistic. 1.7s, hm did not even know, fairly respectable for a factory car. Mostly because I had not looked. Technology is cool.

My big block 69 with ladder bars, trans-brake and 28" ET streets best at 1.61. And driver mods would help here also. Can't consistently cut a light to save my life.

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium

Siggy550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Total novice here on completely stock GT350, so maybe speaks to the GT350. I ran it down 1/8 mile strip twice last summer, it was my first time ever trying it. No one told me to dump clutch on last yellow, so my reaction times were close to 1s :doh:

I ran upper 9s even with those reactions and I wasn't flat foot shifting it. I was hitting the 2nd gear rev limiter right at the end of the 1/8 mile. I coasted across first time, the second time I shifted. My trap speed was in the upper 80s. My launches weren't great either. I was using drag mode.

So take a crappy racer's numbers and maybe you can extrapolate! Maybe this helps, maybe it doesn't.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Total novice here on completely stock GT350, so maybe speaks to the GT350. I ran it down 1/8 mile strip twice last summer, it was my first time ever trying it. No one told me to dump clutch on last yellow, so my reaction times were close to 1s :doh:

I ran upper 9s even with those reactions and I wasn't flat foot shifting it. I was hitting the 2nd gear rev limiter right at the end of the 1/8 mile. I coasted across first time, the second time I shifted. My trap speed was in the upper 80s. My launches weren't great either. I was using drag mode.

So take a crappy racer's numbers and maybe you can extrapolate! Maybe this helps, maybe it doesn't.
Just a heads up, your ET isn't affected by your reaction time. If you're running upper 9's it sound like you just aren't shifting fast enough or you may be having huge issues with the launch.

Even getting 2.2-2.4 60's I was trapping 90+ every run and highest I had was like 8.8 I think. Though the R is a little quicker in a straight line.

Practice makes perfect!!
Sponsored