Sponsored

Recall and Immediate Stop Sale on 8,026 GT350 and GT350R Models: Engine Oil Cooler

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm not an expert on ISO9000, but would imagine it specifies you need a proper Configuration Management policy? I'm an ME in the Aerospace/Defense business; not changing the part number, once a baseline was established and product was in the field, after a major design change would be unheard of.

My premise is there was no design change, only an improved inspection regime. I thought for a while that the reason it took so long for the recall to be implemented was that Ford was trying to figure out if they could develop an inspection process that dealers could use to examine whether the existing hoses were OK; only replacing those that were deemed defective, instead of all of them. Just speculation on my part.
I'm not an ISO expert either, but my understanding of ISO is that it requires a company to follow its written policies. I don't think ISO requires a company to change PNs if FFF change.

A revised spec or inspection procedure that alters which parts are accepted is still a FFF change.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I'm not an ISO expert either, but my understanding of ISO is that it requires a company to follow its written policies. I don't think ISO requires a company to change PNs if FFF change.

A revised spec or inspection procedure that alters which parts are accepted is still a FFF change.
I have no idea if ISO requires a new PN BUT I remember reading how GM got burned big time when they didn't change a part number when they replaced a part they found to have a safety issue. The courts decided that was effectively a cover up. Like crossing the street without looking, it may not be required but still probably a smart thing to change part numbers.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I ordered a set in Jan sometime I think... mainly to harvest the fittings and they show the same date as yours. Pic included.
Funny... my lines came in today with a "-A" on the end of the part number.

There seems to be a lot of confusion with this recall.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Without a part number change you'll never know if your getting new or new old stock (nos)
When I buy dealer parts and look them up myself in my labor programs. I then call the dealers parts department, it's not uncommon for a old number to be superseded when upgrades been made. I'm not buying this bs. I'll wait before I buy them.
I don't believe ford revised the oil lines and kept the same old part number. Usually the last letter would be changed if it's been superseded.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Funny... my lines came in today with a "-A" on the end of the part number.

There seems to be a lot of confusion with this recall.
Exactly

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I keep checking the updates thinking that there maybe a completed recall story, but hope, voodooo still hates ford and fastlap pays cash for shit... :headbonk:
I don't hate ford. I disagree how they handle the recall. I'm not sure what anyone else expects from ford anymore. They will do what they want when they want. We're just victims

Falconetti

cash me outside howbow da
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 1994 SVT COBRA
I don't hate ford. I disagree how they handle the recall. I'm not sure what anyone else expects from ford anymore. They will do what they want when they want. We're just victims
I know, Im getting frustrated, they have my car, pats are ordered. Do we know anything else, hell no.

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I know, Im getting frustrated, they have my car, pats are ordered. Do we know anything else, hell no.
I tried saying this all along. I deal with this kind of thing all the time except never to this time frame. Most of the times recalls are dealt with in a timely manner, I do not consider this timely. Nearly 5 months ago the notice was made concerning the hoses. Ford themselves called this a safety concern but yet they drag ass fixing it and then make the unsold cars priority. Not to mention now they want to fix only the cars they see as problems. I agree the ones that are showing leakage should be fixed first. First before the unsold cars. They are the ones that said not to sell or allow test drives. But it's ok to allow owners to take the risk of a hose failure?

Some have argued against me saying it's hard for ford to get a supplier to get 8000 sets of hoses made and it takes time. BULLSHIT!
Want proof of good customer service and a business that cares?
George of MGW knows how to handle customer service! He's addressed a customers concerned of vibrations and fixed the problem, done it fast, for free and professional! Ford needs to take notice and learn from this. But again ford doesn't care. Others argued with me and said mom and pop shops can't produce that many parts in a short time frame. Again BULLSHIT.
FORDS FKING AROUND.

JCSIX13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I tried saying this all along. I deal with this kind of thing all the time except never to this time frame. Most of the times recalls are dealt with in a timely manner, I do not consider this timely. Nearly 5 months ago the notice was made concerning the hoses. Ford themselves called this a safety concern but yet they drag ass fixing it and then make the unsold cars priority. Not to mention now they want to fix only the cars they see as problems. I agree the ones that are showing leakage should be fixed first. First before the unsold cars. They are the ones that said not to sell or allow test drives. But it's ok to allow owners to take the risk of a hose failure?

Some have argued against me saying it's hard for ford to get a supplier to get 8000 sets of hoses made and it takes time. BULLSHIT!
Want proof of good customer service and a business that cares?
George of MGW knows how to handle customer service! He's addressed a customers concerned of vibrations and fixed the problem, done it fast, for free and professional! Ford needs to take notice and learn from this. But again ford doesn't care. Others argued with me and said mom and pop shops can't produce that many parts in a short time frame. Again BULLSHIT.
FORDS FKING AROUND.

One thing that you have overlooked is that you are NOT Fords customer. The dealer is. That is why the unsold car will get their done first. How many cars are you going to buy in your lifetime. How many will a dealer buy. Ford is a business first and foremost. They are profit driven. They need to make THEIR customer (the dealer) Happy. It is up to the dealer to make you happy you are their customer.

Could Ford have handled this better of course. Should the hoses of been made available sooner, my god yes. In the grand scheme this is a minor issue to a huge car company. To those of us that Payed our hard earned money for this it is a huge deal.

Hopefully this will be behind all of us soon.Lets hope that their are no more problems like this in the future.

I know I will have to have my car fixed when the parts are available in a couple of weeks or it will have a recall hanging over it's head. I hate the Idea of letting a dealership mechanic touch my car. I have been working on my cars for over thirty years and hate to let anyone do anything to them. No one cares like the owner. I just hope they don/t screw up something else like the air dam.

After it is done I am on the fence if I will trust the recall fix or go with a after market solution which I know will be of better quality.

I just want to do what is best for the car.

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
I keep checking the updates thinking that there maybe a completed recall story, but hope, voodooo still hates ford and fastlap pays cash for shit... :headbonk:
There is a completed recall I saw on the GT350 facebook owner's page. From what the owner posted, it took 4 hours for the actual work and otherwise seems to have gone smoothly with no issues.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
+1

Even though I sometimes want more, I've got enough. I have zero debt. Was brought up bottom 1% and a self made top 1%. Even though I can afford exotics, I own zero, though my next car will be a mid engine...hopefully US made... Ford rejected me too. That may have saved me 300k:) blessing in disguise perhaps.

I see a possible mid engine Corvette in your future?;)

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
There is a completed recall I saw on the GT350 facebook owner's page. From what the owner posted, it took 4 hours for the actual work and otherwise seems to have gone smoothly with no issues.
I bet 3 hours and 30 minutes was removing and reinstalling the front splitter.
Sponsored