Sponsored

Recall and Immediate Stop Sale on 8,026 GT350 and GT350R Models: Engine Oil Cooler

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
This would be ideal, if the dealer allows it. Most are sticklers about letting customers in the service bay to observe repairs. I may insist in this case.
I've never had a problem with my dealership allowing me to observe. It's all about how you ask. Be a doosh canoe about it and they'll be like well to hell with this guy but if you ask civilized and with curiosity, you'll get a different response I'm sure.
Sponsored

FastLap57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
FRANK
Vehicle(s)
2008 F350 LARIAT 4x4
No worries. I recently sold my 8sec fox body.
I'm not buying the fact that your car stock is putting 6 cars on a GT (gt40) out of the hole. That's a very large hole.
You have probably never driven a Noble, stock specs are 425 BHP at 2100 lbs, 1000 pounds lighter than Gen1 Ford GT with about 50 less hp. The 0-60 time is about 3.0 sec. It may be closer to three car lengths but when you look in the mirror it seems like a lot more. When it returns from CA my Noble should have 750 BHP weighing 2200 lbs, figure that power/weight ratio, pretty impressive. That's from a 3.0L Single Turbo V6 Duratec. It should be pretty close to a Daytona Prototype in all around performance but driven ON THE STREET. It will see lots of track time to put the other so called super exotics in their place.

Jeremy Clarkson tested a Noble on Top Gear and said it was probably the best all around supercar.

Interior picture as it's being finished..... Guess I've gotten a bit off topic

BUILD286.jpg

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
You have probably never driven a Noble, stock specs are 425 BHP at 2100 lbs, 1000 pounds lighter than Gen1 Ford GT with about 50 less hp. The 0-60 time is about 3.0 sec. It may be closer to three car lengths but when you look in the mirror it seems like a lot more. When it returns from CA my Noble should have 750 BHP weighing 2200 lbs, figure that power/weight ratio, pretty impressive. That's from a 3.0L Single Turbo V6 Duratec. It should be pretty close to a Daytona Prototype in all around performance but driven ON THE STREET. It will see lots of track time to put the other so called super exotics in their place.

Jeremy Clarkson tested a Noble on Top Gear and said it was probably the best all around supercar.

Interior picture as it's being finished..... Guess I've gotten a bit off topic

BUILD286.jpg
I'm not saying the Nobel isn't fast. Correct I never driven or sat in one. But saying on your first post as it being 6 cars lengths faster out of the hole is a pretty big exaggeration. The 2006 GT40 did 0-60 in the 3.4 second range. Even saying 3 car lengths is stretching the truth lol.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I'm not saying the Nobel isn't fast. Correct I never driven or sat in one. But saying on your first post as it being 6 cars lengths faster out of the hole is a pretty big exaggeration. The 2006 GT40 did 0-60 in the 3.4 second range. Even saying 3 car lengths is stretching the truth lol.
"OBJECTS IN MIRROR ARE CLOSER THAN THEY APPEAR"

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
True, although time to distance (car lengths) and time to speed (60MPH) are apples and oranges. A car that's best at one is normally also best at the other but it doesn't have to be. You could race another car that has a SLOWER 0-60 than your car, leave side by side at the exact same instant and see their taillights the entire time It can happen If the other car has better acceleration at the beginning (AWD, different power curve, etc) and tapers off 'till 60 MPH and yours does the opposite.

shelbyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sandy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350 Track Package White w/blue stripes
My suggestion would be to ask to talk to the mechanic before he begins. Politely tell him of all the horror stories you've heard and about how concerned you are about your car having an issue after the fact. Then inform him that you will be waiting in the waiting area. Make sure to tell him you are in no rush at all. Explain to him that to settle your anxiety you would like to be brought in at a few different points to see the progress. Possible points could be 1)When it is first in the air before anything is wrenched on. 2)When it's all apart. 3)When the new lines are installed. 4)When everything is back together before it is lowered. Just be clear that you do not wish to insult the Tech but it's for your piece of mind. If the guy isn't an asshole he should be fine with that. If he isn't fine with it then you probably don't want him working on your car anyway..... I know these cars are just Mustangs according to some but they are still 60k cars.
Excellent idea:hail: I'll see how far I get with this when I take mine in.

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
I would certainly hope the replacement parts have a different part number or at least a letter after the number to differentiate New from old, otherwise how would any one know now or in the future.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
True, although time to distance (car lengths) and time to speed (60MPH) are apples and oranges. A car that's best at one is normally also best at the other but it doesn't have to be. You could race another car that has a SLOWER 0-60 than your car, leave side by side at the exact same instant and see their taillights the entire time It can happen If the other car has better acceleration at the beginning (AWD, different power curve, etc) and tapers off 'till 60 MPH and yours does the opposite.
60 mph is 88 fps so in 0.4 seconds at 60 mph you travel 35 feet. The 2005 Ford GT is about 15 1/4 feet long. I wouldn't expect 6 car lengths difference, but I agree with what you are saying - if one car hooks better or has more torque at the wheels on takeoff they can get out in front. I would really expect a blown V8 to have a lot more torque off idle than a turbo 6, but I understand gearing is the most important thing, not engine torque. Many Ford products have long gears, which limits their ability to accelerate from zero.

Just looking at the numbers I would think it would be a driver's race between the two cars.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I under stand. But 6 - 3 car lengths is wishful thinking. My penis is 8========> big.
Average is 8==>

Sponsored

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
I would certainly hope the replacement parts have a different part number or at least a letter after the number to differentiate New from old, otherwise how would any one know now or in the future.
You are correct. Check out page 52 of this thread, post 779.

The diagram at the bottom was from well before the recall. No P/N change at all, meaning no design change. In my opinion.

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 GT350
does this mean there will be a bunch of 16 and 17s hitting the market as the dealers finish their in stock units?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
You are correct. Check out page 52 of this thread, post 779.

The diagram at the bottom was from well before the recall. No P/N change at all, meaning no design change. In my opinion.
It's interesting to see that a large company might not live with the PN versus revision change "rule". The company I work for will change form fit or function all the time without a PN change. It's mostly for convenience and we can control inventory pretty well in many cases. We also document what we are doing and why. I would think a huge company like Ford with inventory at many dealers would be more inclined to change the PN (obviously there's a form/function change if you fix a problem), but I can see how there are tons of documents and systems to revise if you change the PN - so in order to control costs they leave the PN alone and do their best to avoid a problem with old inventory contaminating the new.

car crazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
How is it that Ford took so long for a solution to this yet my car is not part of the recall? Logic would dictate my GT350 has some sort of a different or updated part since it is not part of the recall (mine is a 2017 delivered in October 2016) so the part(s) without issues existed since at least September.

koopatroopa781

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue
does this mean there will be a bunch of 16 and 17s hitting the market as the dealers finish their in stock units?
I think its a possibility. All dealers had a stop sale on the vehicles that had a recall, or could not deliver the vehicle until the issue was fix.
Sponsored