OP
metalhead79

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
What's the reasoning for the resonator with the welded mufflers? Lots of drone? The budget boosting video was with a resonator delete.
Sponsored

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Well deep and full is the tone I am looking for. Already did the resonator delete. Will still what to see what Metal's comes out like - just wish I could hear it in person.

OP
OP
metalhead79

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I'm going to try to get them welded in on Feb 12th. If not, it should definitely be this month.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
What's the reasoning for the resonator with the welded mufflers? Lots of drone? The budget boosting video was with a resonator delete.
If you have a cat on your car, then it won't be as bad. However, if you're catless, then it'll sound poor without a resonator. It'll be buzzy and raspy, like a Honda. No bueno on that.

Sponsored

OP
OP
metalhead79

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Mufflers came yesterday. I'm still looking for suitable exhaust tips that won't break the bank.

Muffler length is 13". Overall from end to end is 19". The stock muffler measures 14" and the stock exhaust tip is roughly 7.5" long. I don't want a tip that sticks out too far. Probably 1" max over the stock ones. And of course, 4" outlet size.

Suggestions?

EDIT: Swung by Midas while I was out getting groceries and they quoted me $220 for the install and no exhaust tips, lol.

There's a custom muffler shop a few miles away I'm going to try to hit up next week for an estimate.
Mufflers1.png

Last edited:

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Nice! I just ordered the Jones Max Flows yesterday - talked to a shop about installation and with tips it is $150. Mufflers and tips comes out at $109 so my total will be about $250 at the end of the day. Probably install the week after next.

Sponsored

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Well got my Jones Max Flows in and they look awesome with the tips on:headbang: Installation is set for next Friday, 17 Feb if I don't change my mind and get another shop to install them sooner:frusty: Can't wait to hear them :cheers:
DSC_4557.jpg
DSC_4558.jpg
DSC_4564.jpg

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Well got them installed. At WOT it is very loud. Idle is nice, a little louder than stock but seems to drone a bit on the highway. Somethings are good, others, the jury is still out. Will try to get some vids up. It is a deep tone. Was going to gun it going through a long underpass but there were 3 squad cars at the entrance, did not want to attract too much attention LOL!

OP
OP
metalhead79

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Would you say you're happy overall? Sounds like you've got mixed feelings about it.

I couldn't find a shop to install my mufflers at a reasonable price. Cheapest I got was Midas quoting me $220.

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Yes, I do have mixed feeling about the results. I have to set up my camera and do a few samples to see if it is just my prospective from the driver's seat of a convertible with the top down. I also want to check the hangars since there may be one of two loose giving up more vibration than expected. My install was $200. The idle and normal driving are good but WOT is a bit overpowering. Definitely not what I have been used to hearing with stocks.
Sponsored