Sponsored

Dealer offering performance options

mustang mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt race red fastback (ordered)

Budoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer
I don't live in WA but did come across this dealer, Nuford Wangara, who are offering different options on the stang straight from the dealer. I haven't noticed this before at other dealers?

Scroll the page a bit to see what I am talking about.

http://www.nuford.com.au/special-offers/ford-mustang-2015-coupe-convertible/

Is this pretty common now?

:shrug:
Would be interesting to know their prices as well. The dealer where I ordered mine said they were looking into that, but no concrete plans as of the moment.

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto
Those FP options are now available at all dealers.

They have the full Ford 3 year warranty etc

BrizSuz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2017 Mustang GT
For those who have done after-market themselves, are these Ford prices crazy / expensive?

Will be considering lowering springs + cat back exhaust.

Thanks in advance :)

Sponsored

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto
For those who have done after-market themselves, are these Ford prices crazy / expensive?

Will be considering lowering springs + cat back exhaust.

Thanks in advance :)

The Springs look like Steeda Progressives.

Mine were $500 odd and I had them fitted with my Axle backs by my preferred mechanic for $400 odd.

You do the maths.

The Dealers fitted option does come with a Ford Warranty though. Is that worth $500 ? Axle back fitment taken into account.

ryosaeba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White EB Black Roof and Stripes
I saw a small poster in a shop for Nuford and it appears they're also doing DRL.

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Ruby Red
I saw a small poster in a shop for Nuford and it appears they're also doing DRL.
Wow! How much are they charging for that? It's a huge job with a lot of risk involved. Surprised a Ford dealer would be prepared to get involved with fixing the DRLs.

ryosaeba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White EB Black Roof and Stripes
Wow! How much are they charging for that? It's a huge job with a lot of risk involved. Surprised a Ford dealer would be prepared to get involved with fixing the DRLs.
I don't know. There was a picture with the DRL enabled. Not 100% sure if they are doing the DRL or just using stock images from US site. There was no pricing on the poster at all. And very very little details. I did ask my friend to find out for me cause he works at that shop. He hasn't gotten back to me yet. Might actually just send an enquiry to them myself. But yeh you're right it is a very labour intensive exercise. I can't see it being cheap from a dealer. I'd expect somewhere along the line of $1500. However if it allows you to retain the manufacturer warranty then it might be worth it. Last thing anybody need is for them to screw it up during installation and you lose access to your car for X period due to a broken head light or if something happens after and they blame the DRL installation and the fingers keep pointing back and forth between ford and installer etc.

MUS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Anyone know if the Ford performance superchargers are any closer to being available through the dealerships ?

Sponsored

stasik-a4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
Anyone know if the Ford performance superchargers are any closer to being available through the dealerships ?
From an inside source the answer was "NO" they are having issues with complying and working on as a factory option for when the new model comes out.

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Shevs550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Fastback GT Manual Race Red
Just had a look at the Thomson Ford website and realised that the 'blade type' rear spoiler is actually the GT350 Track pack spoiler. Not sure if anyone has figured that out before.

Also somewhere else on the forum it was mentioned that the Track Pack suspension kit can be had for 2g, don't think it would cost anywhere near 2g for it to be installed...

Unkle Ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Also somewhere else on the forum it was mentioned that the Track Pack suspension kit can be had for 2g, don't think it would cost anywhere near 2g for it to be installed...
That was me, it is far cheaper to do it yourself. $2200-2500 depending on where you live for the Track Pack, 4-6 hours labour depending on how truthful and experienced your mechanic is plus a wheel alignment.

Even if the Track Pack parts come with the same factory warranty as the removed parts it's a big jump up in price.

Unkle Ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Just had a look at the Thomson Ford website and realised that the 'blade type' rear spoiler is actually the GT350 Track pack spoiler. Not sure if anyone has figured that out before.
If it is the same/genuine GT350 Track Pack spoiler then that probably isn't a bad price given the convenience of just going to your local dealer.
Sponsored