12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
Cairan...you are spot on....they are regularly updating the design. Not to say there is anything inherently wrong with the earlier designs just slight improvements.
Yeah I thought that might be the case.

Mine also has a slight oily residue (no, it hasn't been installed yet!), was anyone else's like that?
Sponsored

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
Has anyone bought a catchcan in Perth? if so where? :)

64-DNA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Australian Fastback GT Deep Impact Blue
Received my Ford Performance Oil Separator today and not sure if this has been mentioned.

For those of you who liked the product but didn't like the way you needed to empty it apparently you don't need to undo the screws at all you are meant to take the unit out and pour the excess oil out through the lower fitting.
Emptied mine today by removing it and tipping oil out via the lower fitting.

I think as long as you take care removing the pop clips in the correct manner (by carefully pulling the central clip up... and not by prying the whole clip away the body of the separator), in my opinion this method is easier then undoing the 4 screws and using a syringe.

Surprising amount of oil, after about 1500Km.

10 minute job, even for a numpty like me.

adabedas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dimitris
Vehicle(s)
GT 3Y (delivered 07 Sep. 2016 - 2017 specs)
After 2 weeks and 900Km (Ford Performance oil separator), approx. 10cc
oil-900Km1.jpg

Reactions: Zee

Bernborough

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernie
Vehicle(s)
Ingot GT Fastback Auto
Can anyone who has fitted the Ford Performance Separator give me some advice? I am having trouble removing the wiring harness clip from its mount. I know that the other clips on the separator have the centre pins which have to be lifted first, but I can't find anything on this clip. I don't want to break it by using too much force. Any ideas? Your help is appreciated.

Sponsored

adabedas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dimitris
Vehicle(s)
Can anyone who has fitted the Ford Performance Separator give me some advice? I am having trouble removing the wiring harness clip from its mount. I know that the other clips on the separator have the centre pins which have to be lifted first, but I can't find anything on this clip. I don't want to break it by using too much force. Any ideas? Your help is appreciated.
I have used the lid of a BIC pen to push the centre pin from below, while pulling the wires "gently". It was not easy and definitely was not as easy as it shows in the youtube video. It does require some force to take it out.

GGT-66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT
The wiring harness clip took some getting out. I used a fine blade screw driver to prise it up a bit then it came out ok. The Ford Performance Separator I got doesn't have a hole for the wiring harness to go back into. The harness is quite snug so sits there ok with the clip tucked in.
IMG_0670.jpg

Last edited:

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The wiring harness clip took some getting out. I used a fine blade screw driver to prise it up a bit then it came out ok. The Ford Performance Separator I got doesn't have a hole for the wiring harness to go back into. The harness is quite snug so sits there ok with the clip tucked in.
Omg don't get me started on that frigging clip/screw, Took me 15 mins to get it out, just have to mash it up a bit and yank!

tantash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anne
Vehicle(s)
2015/16 Mustang GT V8 convertible
Emptied my UPR oil catch can today at 3900kms and got approximately 20 mls out of it. Happy it's not in the engine crankcase.

adabedas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dimitris
Vehicle(s)
Emptied Ford's oil separator after 2500 Km almost 40ml of oil (and another 10ml at 900Km - total approx. 50ml after 3500Km).
So happy I had it installed as soon as I picked the car from the dealer.

Sponsored

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I've represented UPR for 5 years to date and followed their research & development of their latest 4 stage catch can. I am a true believer in UPR and cans aren't all they sell.
Developed in-house they sell upper control arm, lower control arms for S197's & S550 parts as well. UPR Steve needs to contact me thru PM to collect money I owe them due to USPS mailroom losing my package. I stand by UPR and have badged my Coyote Red in support. "The Very Best catch can made currently", Alan T. Hunter,Esq.

noboot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Saf
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT
I've represented UPR for 5 years to date and followed their research & development of their latest 4 stage catch can. I am a true believer in UPR and cans aren't all they sell.
Developed in-house they sell upper control arm, lower control arms for S197's & S550 parts as well. UPR Steve needs to contact me thru PM to collect money I owe them due to USPS mailroom losing my package. I stand by UPR and have badged my Coyote Red in support. "The Very Best catch can made currently", Alan T. Hunter,Esq.
This is the one I was thinking of going with when my stang gets delivered a big reason was ease in emptying it. :thumbsup:

Kaps

Mustang maniac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback PP Auto
I can second that UPR catch cans are not only functional but are also built with high quality material.
I am sure, that any of Forum members who have bought UPR cans are quite happy with the Product and might share same or similar views about it as I do.
These CANs look stock, easy to install and excellent customer service by Steve. We are running them in all 3 of our cars.

Bolted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Race Red
Re UPR Catch can

Has anyone installed the catch can that mounts next to the radiator? If so, can you empty the can without having to remove the radiator cover each time?

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:
Sponsored