Sponsored

Latest update from Ford Performance Tune

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Ford also promised a lot with their GT tune but Thus far the dyno results have been weak. Ford probably used an engine dyno for this tune but that won't translate to great gains on the street.
I'm still waiting for someone to dyno this tune on the wheels to see what the real world gains are...that might take me off the fence for the Ford tune :thumbsup:
Sponsored

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
I think Ford is waiting for everyone to put 36k miles on their EcoBoost. After that, then they will release it. ;)

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
I'm still waiting for someone to dyno this tune on the wheels to see what the real world gains are...that might take me off the fence for the Ford tune :thumbsup:
And I want to see it on the same car- dyno before and after. Otherwise, too many variables.

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
^ +1

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
It voids your Ford factory warranty only if the problem was due to the tune. Then, its covered under the Ford Performance warranty if you registered for the warranty when u installed the tune
I know I mentioned this somewhere (another thread maybe) but just to clarify, the Ford Performance warranty to 36K miles is activated by having any ASE certified tech do the install. Once done you or the tech submit the paperwork to Ford Performance, I assume they approve based on submitted info, done.

If you just flash the mod yourself (seems it will be an option) then you would not have a warranty.

Sponsored

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
I also wonder if you can remove it yourself- say to sell the car or put it back to stock so you can use 87 gas. I can see the situation where you trade the car in and the next purchaser thinks they have the remainder of the 5/60K powertrain and they really don't. There could be legal issues here.

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I also wonder if you can remove it yourself- say to sell the car or put it back to stock so you can use 87 gas. I can see the situation where you trade the car in and the next purchaser thinks they have the remainder of the 5/60K powertrain and they really don't. There could be legal issues here.
You can easily bring the car back to stock via other tuners on the market, so that's a really good question.

Even if your car had an aftermarket tune and was returned to stock before selling it, seems you should tell the seller?

Quite a few people on here have mentioned that dealerships can see the history if they look for it, and it would show the tunes done in the past, and might void things regardless.

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
You can easily bring the car back to stock via other tuners on the market, so that's a really good question.

Even if your car had an aftermarket tune and was returned to stock before selling it, seems you should tell the seller?

Quite a few people on here have mentioned that dealerships can see the history if they look for it, and it would show the tunes done in the past, and might void things regardless.
Seems like they have the ability to see how many flashes the ECU has had and they can see how many they did if any. So they do know if there have been any mods done and from what I have read they can immediately void your warranty which a deal breaker for me at this point.

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
I know I mentioned this somewhere (another thread maybe) but just to clarify, the Ford Performance warranty to 36K miles is activated by having any ASE certified tech do the install. Once done you or the tech submit the paperwork to Ford Performance, I assume they approve based on submitted info, done.

If you just flash the mod yourself (seems it will be an option) then you would not have a warranty.

Correct, I was just assuming all this was known by everyone reading this thread lol.

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
I don't think they can see the number of flashes but they can see the number of key starts since the last flash. This is how it was explained to me when my engine blew. So for example had 10k miles in the car but only 100 key starts they will know something is up.

Sponsored

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z28 Camaro and 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I've also heard you can run that ignition count number up quick and easy by pressing the ignition button on and off without starting the car.

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
I don't think they can see the number of flashes but they can see the number of key starts since the last flash. This is how it was explained to me when my engine blew. So for example had 10k miles in the car but only 100 key starts they will know something is up.
If thats the case thats an easy fix to the issue. I could get a custom tune and possibly by just sitting in the driveway for an hour :thumbsup:

Dirty-EB-Chicago

V.I.P Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost (Ingot Silver)
bump

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
f thats the case thats an easy fix to the issue. I could get a custom tune and possibly by just sitting in the driveway for an hour
Except when something goes horribly wrong starting the car once might be a challenge. Starting it hundreds or thousands of times to try and make it look like it wasn't tuned, even harder.

It really comes down to the dealer, that is the bottom line.

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
Ford Performance Rep says:
"They are starting to ship this week. If your order is in, I would expect it to ship any day."
Sponsored